ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 341
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158208 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Simplicity 07:54 PM 03-11-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
great gun for 3 gun competition.
I don't do any competition shooting but if you say that then it must perform fairly well.
[Reply]
bigjosh 07:57 PM 03-11-2018
Originally Posted by Simplicity:
I don't do any competition shooting but if you say that than it must perform fairly well.
good quality 9MM carbine.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 09:14 AM 03-12-2018
Was hung up on 2 out of 3 calls made this morning to Rem.customer service.
So I'm done with Remington arms.. They are just pure shit.
Plunger and extractor went flinging out of the bolt on a 597 and they wanted to charge me 35 bucks for new parts.. Fuck you.
2 weeks ago my 20 plus year old Mossberg 500 in 410 started double shelling when pumping the gun.
Called Mossberg. Explained the problem. They sent me a new shell stop rod and a new interruptor rod for free.
Now my 410 runs 2-1/2 and 3 inch,,,,any brand, hi or low brass.. Not a single hiccup.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 09:19 AM 03-12-2018
What Canadians are your people shooting down there, lessers? 3inch is necessary for Canadians and 3 1/2 is optimal. I will never load 2 3/4 in for anything larger than a Buffy.
I shot 65 snow geese this season with a 100 year old model 11. That only shoots 2-3/4. I've been shooting snow geese with that old gun for years.. Kicks like mule and my 50 year old right shoulder says it's time to hang up the model 11 or pass it on to a younger buck.
[Reply]
bigjosh 09:38 AM 03-12-2018
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Was hung up on 2 out of 3 calls made this morning to Rem.customer service.
So I'm done with Remington arms.. They are just pure shit.
Plunger and extractor went flinging out of the bolt on a 597 and they wanted to charge me 35 bucks for new parts.. Fuck you.
2 weeks ago my 20 plus year old Mossberg 500 in 410 started double shelling when pumping the gun.
Called Mossberg. Explained the problem. They sent me a new shell stop rod and a new interruptor rod for free.
Now my 410 runs 2-1/2 and 3 inch,,,,any brand, hi or low brass.. Not a single hiccup.
I read somewhere that Remington is splitting up and selling off different aspects of the company. I wouldn't go anywhere near a Remington anything. I have refused to buy anything remington because they had major issues with the 700 trigger and took decades to do anything about it, resulting in multiple deaths.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 09:48 AM 03-12-2018
It's really sad. I own several older Mohawk 600 Remington rifles and a 100 year old model 11.
But their new stuff sucks. A friend of mine had nothing but load issues with what I think is called a Remington R1-1911?
A once great company turned to shit
[Reply]
Bwana 09:57 AM 03-12-2018
It's really sad. I own several older Mohawk 600 Remington rifles and a 100 year old model 11.
But their new stuff sucks. A friend of mine had nothing but load issues with what I think is called a Remington R1-1911?
You're right, they are knocking out nothing but garbage these days.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:11 AM 03-12-2018
Originally Posted by Bwana:
The warranty had expired... I've been a home schooled gun smith since my teens. My Pops was the armor for the Nebraska national guard and a dam fine gun smith.
So it's not like I didn't have someone with a background teach me. Of the many phone calls over the years to Moss, Savage ect..ive never been told the warranty expired on said firearm I was calling about.
Today was a first. I guess I should of asked if the 597 came with a crown to butt stock warranty.. You know, like a bumper to bumper.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 10:19 AM 03-12-2018
Speaking of gun smithing.. I came up with a little trick for putting a Moss 500 back together.. Use rare earth magnets to hold the shell stop and interruptor rods inplace as you wiggle the trigger group back into the receiver.. Anyone that has ever tore down a 500.knows this can be a real pain in the ass unless you have 4 hands and arms.
https://www.google.com/search?q=rare...RSYBBEQgTYItgQ
[Reply]
Randallflagg 11:20 AM 03-12-2018
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Indeed. Remington hasn't been much of a player in the market for some years now. They used to produce high quality pistols, rifles etc. But haven't for at least 30-35 years.
[Reply]
Simplicity 11:38 AM 03-12-2018
I shot 65 snow geese this season with a 100 year old model 11. That only shoots 2-3/4. I've been shooting snow geese with that old gun for years.. Kicks like mule and my 50 year old right shoulder says it's time to hang up the model 11 or pass it on to a younger buck.
Snows are another story. You could get away with smaller shells depending on type of load. Plus I wouldn’t feel to bad flaring snows as much as I would Canadians. Up north here we have some tanks for Canadians and I personally would not use 2 3/4 shells. Only thing I’m packing is 3 1/2 triple BB with my extended Patternmaster code black goose choke.
[Reply]
Simplicity 11:42 AM 03-12-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
Indeed. Remington hasn't been much of a player in the market for some years now. They used to produce high quality pistols, rifles etc. But haven't for at least 30-35 years.
Their shotguns are hot garbage these days as well. The Versa Max is clunky and weighs more than a solid rock which sucks for it being their prized field shotgun. They just seem behind the competition by quite a few years.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 11:54 AM 03-12-2018
My R1 Enhanced is one of the best guns I own. Looks like I got lucky, sad days since I love Remington
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:06 PM 03-12-2018
Their shotguns are hot garbage these days as well. The Versa Max is clunky and weighs more than a solid rock which sucks for it being their prized field shotgun. They just seem behind the competition by quite a few years.
I had a good friend (some years back) offer to sell me his Benelli Super Black Eagle II Gun.....I was seriously considering it until he told me I could have it for $2,000...He paid well over $3,000.

I thanked him for the discount and said "not only NO but HELL NO!"
[Reply]
Simplicity 12:10 PM 03-12-2018
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
I had a good friend (some years back) offer to sell me his Benelli Super Black Eagle II Gun.....I was seriously considering it until he told me I could have it for $2,000...He paid well over $3,000.

I thanked him for the discount and said "not only NO but HELL NO!"
The SBE is quite the gun but definitely not worth its price. With the new SBE3 you’re just paying for a quality gun with a big name. Personally I stick to browning. I have the Browning Maxus (with ATACS camo) 26” chambered at 3 1/2”. Got it for a good price for $1100 (including a nice extended patternmaster choke). Top of the line field gun at a very reasonable price.
[Reply]
Page 108 of 341
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158208 > Last »
Up