ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 171
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:32 PM 01-21-2017
Most of the stuff I like gets cancelled, no box here. The general public doesn't seem to like anything more challenging than Keeping Up With the Real Housewives of American Idle Shore.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:47 PM 01-22-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Was wondering if anyone had watched that yet.

Thinking about watching Frontier on Netflix, as well.
Caught the first episode, it looks freaking excellent.
[Reply]
NewChief 06:05 PM 01-25-2017
Frontier: what a dud. Great concept but the execution is like a cable version of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.

I was hoping it would be gritty and historical like the Revenant (which I'm sure is what got this thing made). The travel times are awful, the Native Americans are a matriarchy, and the general feel is just hokey, imo. I'm through episode 3 but may bow out.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:21 PM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Frontier: what a dud. Great concept but the execution is like a cable version of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.

I was hoping it would be gritty and historical like the Revenant (which I'm sure is what got this thing made). The travel times are awful, the Native Americans are a matriarchy, and the general feel is just hokey, imo. I'm through episode 3 but may bow out.
The reviews on Netflix are mostly horrible. Was waiting to see if that was just an early take.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:43 PM 01-25-2017
Originally Posted by NewChief:

That's where I'm at. I'm far less harsh than you. Maybe its just my man crush on Jason Mamoa.

I'm interested in the relationships and the dynamics.
[Reply]
Miles 10:02 PM 01-25-2017
The Night Manager popped up on Amazon a little while back and finally got around to watching. Really enjoyed and guess missing on AMC helped add some stuff that would have been edited.
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 01:47 PM 01-26-2017
really quite enjoyed Travelers on Netflix
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:54 PM 01-26-2017
I'm currently really enjoying Man Seeking Woman on Fx. Of course, I really like most of their comedic lineup.
[Reply]
NewChief 05:46 PM 01-26-2017
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
really quite enjoyed Travelers on Netflix
Travelers was excellent. P
[Reply]
unlurking 07:00 PM 01-26-2017
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I'm currently really enjoying Man Seeking Woman on Fx. Of course, I really like most of their comedic lineup.
I enjoyed it too, but most people I know aren't fans of Jay Baruchel. To be honest, I'm not really either. He does fit this style comedy though, and Eric Andre is great.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 08:01 PM 02-08-2017
Just watched the first episode of the Expanse.

Awesome.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:11 PM 02-08-2017
Originally Posted by fahrenheit:
Just watched the first episode of the Expanse.

Awesome.
I binged season one on Amazon Prime over a long weekend. It definitely qualifies as must watch.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:11 PM 02-09-2017
Just finished Stranger Things on Netflix.

Pretty good sci-fi show set in the 80's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 07:17 PM 02-09-2017
If you guys are old enough to remember the magazine National Lampoon, there is a very good documentary called Drunk,Stoned, Brillliant, Dead.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1674785/

The film is about National Lampoon magazine, and how the magazine and its empire of spin-offs changed the course of comedy and humor. It's a great story of the magazine was founded with interviews writers, editors artists.

It also has some incredible footage and audio with most of the SNL cast of the 70's and 80's who got their really big breaks when they came over from Second City comedy to NL radio.

For me, it was a tremendous trip down memory lane, learning a great deal about the magazine, its triumphs and its ultimate demise.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:24 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
If you guys are old enough to remember the magazine National Lampoon, there is a very good documentary called Drunk,Stoned, Brillliant, Dead.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1674785/

The film is about National Lampoon magazine, and how the magazine and its empire of spin-offs changed the course of comedy and humor. It's a great story of the magazine was founded with interviews writers, editors artists.

It also has some incredible footage and audio with most of the SNL cast of the 70's and 80's who got their really big breaks when they came over from Second City comedy to NL radio.

For me, it was a tremendous trip down memory lane, learning a great deal about the magazine, its triumphs and its ultimate demise.
It's great, almost the point of overkill. It's neat that the use the narration over montage method to tell a lot of the story, but don't expect to casually watch it. So many of the images that flash by deserve to be paused an perused in depth. They really stuffed a lot of material into this in a compellingly coherent manner.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 171
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up