ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets new coach Robert Saleh
thabear04 09:20 PM 01-14-2021

Jets are hiring former 49ers’ DC Robert Saleh as their next head coach, per league sources. The two sides now have reached agreement on a five-year deal.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 15, 2021

[Reply]
RunKC 10:44 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The guy we absolutely pantsed in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl? The guy who was celebrating thinking they already had it won? THAT Robert Saleh?

Middle of the pack yards & points given up THIS season Robert Saleh?
How many defenses have not been lit up by Patrick Mahomes again? Patrick has lost 1 game in 14 months and in that game he still scored 30+

You should also try paying attention to the rest of the league. If you did you’d realize that the 49ers have had a shit ton of their best players hurt all year.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:45 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Kinda glad he didnt land in sandy eggo where they have the horses to run his scheme well.
It's the scheme they already run...
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:01 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's the scheme they already run...
But they shit canned their coach, so im hopeful they go to some other scheme and give us easy fantasy points for a few years to come.
[Reply]
2112 11:09 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dorsey and Reid also both reported to Hunt. Hunt put that in place when he hired them because of lessons learned from the Pioli fiasco.

By the way, Hunt always said back then that he wanted to emulate the Steelers. I believe that Mike Tomlin and Kevin Colbert report to the owner as well, and Tomlin doesn't report to Colbert as would be traditional.
I did not know that. Thanks for the info. It started with the jets around 10 years ago when idzik came over (from Seattle). I thought it was exclusive to the Jets, but I was wrong. It’s just their ineptitude (from the top down) which know no bounds.

FYI mccannahan passed on mahomes in 2017 because he was still confident in hackenberg being the qb of the future.
[Reply]
wazu 11:25 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Damn. Saleh doing Shanahan dirty, poaching from his coaching staff like that.
Shanahan will be fine. Probably welcomes it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:56 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
I did not know that. Thanks for the info. It started with the jets around 10 years ago when idzik came over (from Seattle). I thought it was exclusive to the Jets, but I was wrong. It’s just their ineptitude (from the top down) which know no bounds.

FYI mccannahan passed on mahomes in 2017 because he was still confident in hackenberg being the qb of the future.
LOL @ the Hackenberg thing, yikes... that said, I'd be pretty pleased with Saleh just so long as he hires a legit OC capable of rehabbing Darnold

He'll give you a tough, physical identity right away IMO
[Reply]
crispystl 12:02 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by thabear04:
The guy that called the same D too many times and opened the door for WASP.....that guy???!!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:03 PM 01-15-2021
The Jets will be the 49ers East. They’ll be running the Shanahan offense with Mike LaFleur, Matt LaFleur’s brother and they’ll have a tough, hard nosed and physical presence on both sides of the ball.

The biggest question for the Jets, which has been the same question for decades, will be ownership and GM. Douglas seems to have handles himself well so far and he’ll have some serious firepower in the draft thanks to the Adams trade (who ironically, would have been a perfect fot for Sarah’s defense), so if Douglas can draft well, they’ll have a chance to level the playing field in the East.

But the Johnson Brothers are up there among the worst owners in league, but hey, even the Browns finally got it right so maybe the Jets can, too.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:03 PM 01-15-2021
Quinnen Williams is going to be a fucking terror next season.
[Reply]
crispystl 12:04 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Could be a great hire, but anytime you hire a defensive minded HC, it puts a lot of pressure on finding an OC.

And if that OC is any good, you’ll be looking for a new one in 2-3 years.
That's a really solid point I hadn't considered when it comes to hiring defensive coaches.
[Reply]
crispystl 12:05 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Jerod Mayo is a coach now also, it's so weird.
To me what's worse is seeing player's kids...like Patrick Surtain II. God that makes me feel old!
[Reply]
staylor26 12:14 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Quinnen Williams is going to be a fucking terror next season.
He’s amazing.

I had him #1 overall over Bosa , so I felt pretty stupid about it last year, but he really flashed this year and he’s still very young.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:34 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
The guy we absolutely pantsed in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl? The guy who was celebrating thinking they already had it won? THAT Robert Saleh?

Middle of the pack yards & points given up THIS season Robert Saleh?
To be fair, his defense held the Chiefs to just 10 points for 3 quarters, right?

And I don't think it's really fair to judge the 49ers defense based on this season, considering that they lost the services of something like 6 defensive starters in the first month or so of the season. Like 4 in one game, right?

If we lost Clark, Jones, Hitchens, Wilson and Ward for example, all at the same time for the season, our defense would probably be a trainwreck as well. Any defense would be screwed if something like that happened to them.
[Reply]
2112 12:46 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Jets will be the 49ers East. They’ll be running the Shanahan offense with Mike LaFleur, Matt LaFleur’s brother and they’ll have a tough, hard nosed and physical presence on both sides of the ball.

The biggest question for the Jets, which has been the same question for decades, will be ownership and GM. Douglas seems to have handles himself well so far and he’ll have some serious firepower in the draft thanks to the Adams trade (who ironically, would have been a perfect fot for Sarah’s defense), so if Douglas can draft well, they’ll have a chance to level the playing field in the East.

But the Johnson Brothers are up there among the worst owners in league, but hey, even the Browns finally got it right so maybe the Jets can, too.
Somebody compared the Steelers strength and conditioning staff to the Jets. The Steelers have a shit load of employees working on their training (full time/Directors et al). The Jets? They have one strength and conditioning coach and a bunch of interns lol. They have to change the culture on the team and put in the hard work, which they haven’t been doing.

Joe Douglas has done a great job under the circumstances. They got a lot for jamal Adam’s and got rid of his mouth, win win. He had a good draft last year.

The Johnson’s are the big problem. They’re cheap billionaires who price gouge the fucking tickets. The giants won two super bowl in 4 years by 2012 and guess who’s tickets were more expensive? Yep, the Jets lol

Ok enough, I can’t talk about the Jets anymore without getting pissed off. I’m gonna wait and see before I pass judgement.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:23 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
Ok enough, I can’t talk about the Jets anymore without getting pissed off. I’m gonna wait and see before I pass judgement.
IMO, they should trade Darnold for whatever they can get, even if it's just a 3rd and 5th. It's time to move on and create a new culture. Plus, they're going to receive an additional 3rd for hiring Saleh.

They'll have plenty of time and draft picks in order to grab a guy like Zach Wilson or Trey Lance (I'm not a fan of Fields) and still grab an impact WR or even a running back like Najee Harris, who would be amazing in the Shanahan WCO.

The future is bright, as long as the Johnson Brothers don't fuck it up.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 7
« First < 23456 7 >
Up