ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets new coach Robert Saleh
thabear04 09:20 PM 01-14-2021

Jets are hiring former 49ers’ DC Robert Saleh as their next head coach, per league sources. The two sides now have reached agreement on a five-year deal.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 15, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 10:49 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Overrated DC who benefited off a D line of first round picks dont @me
I don’t think that fair after this year.

That defense was way better than it should’ve been with all of the injuries and the Buckner loss.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:51 PM 01-14-2021
Saleh has one phenomenal piece in place with Quinnen Williams on defense.

That guy is going to be really fucking good.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:55 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Saleh's defense requires a lot of talent. He won't have Shanahan making chicken salad out of chicken shit anymore on the other side of the ball.

I get why this made sense to NY. GM can't afford to have players not giving full effort and they see Saleh as a solution there.
He runs the same defense have the league does, Seattle cover 3 press bail.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:07 PM 01-14-2021
A Muslim got hired to be HC before Eric Beineimy. That’s amazing
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:08 PM 01-14-2021
I think he is going to be a good head coach. He will be a lot better than Urban Meyer.
[Reply]
eDave 11:10 PM 01-14-2021
Niner decline gains pace.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:26 PM 01-14-2021
Has the ring to me of the Jets looking to return to a RexRyan level of discipline, passion and respectability with the hope that they either have or can acquire a QB who is less of an anchor than buttfumble.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:27 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Niner decline gains pace.
They’ll draft a QB this year though, and if they hit, they’ll be back in the mix.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:52 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
They’ll draft a QB this year though, and if they hit, they’ll be back in the mix.
They should grab Sam Darnold.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:19 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Has the ring to me of the Jets looking to return to a RexRyan level of discipline, passion and respectability with the hope that they either have or can acquire a QB who is less of an anchor than buttfumble.
Never not funny, that buttfumble.

[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:31 AM 01-15-2021
I don’t think that fair after this year.

That defense was way better than it should’ve been with all of the injuries and the Buckner loss.
They were 17th in defense this year.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:34 AM 01-15-2021
They were 17th in defense this year.
Yea and they should’ve been significantly worse.

No Bosa, Buckner, or Ford. Sherman only played a few games.

Most teams would go from 1st to worst losing their top 3 pass rushers along with their top corner being hurt for the majority of the season.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:36 AM 01-15-2021
Yea and they should’ve been significantly worse.

No Bosa, Buckner, or Ford. Sherman only played a few games.

Most teams would go from 1st to worst losing their top 3 pass rushers along with their top corner being hurt for the majority of the season.
So he was slightly below league average. Yet the board shits on 1 of the greatest college coaches ever getting a job. Weird.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:40 AM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint:
I will always remember him bending over & grabbing his knees. Perfect for the Jets
I'm thinking the word wasp gets him triggered a touch.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:45 AM 01-15-2021
So he was slightly below league average. Yet the board shits on 1 of the greatest college coaches ever getting a job. Weird.
With very little talent and an offense that also didn’t help things either. They consistently turned the ball over.

They overachieved as a unit all things considered. That’s usually due to coaching.

People “shit” on the Urban Meyer hire because college coaches don’t have a good track record making the transition to the NFL, his offense doesn’t really translate, and his supposed GM/OC/DC options sound awful.

Saleh on the other hand has already made a good hire at OC.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up