ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Message for our visiting Brown fans
BigRedChief 12:56 AM 01-12-2021
I’m happy for you as fans. I get the excitement. We went 20+ years without a playoff win until 2016 too. We have had our share of soul crushing playoff losses too. We kind of have a fan kinship. I need you to know your going to lose. That’s okay. You had a great season. But, it ends Sunday.

Reid is 18-3 in regular-season games following his bye week.

And in the playoffs, he has a 5-2 record after first-round bye weeks, including during last year's Super Bowl-winning postseason.

Mahomes is 4-1 in playoff games. You think your the first team to try to run the ball, keep Mahomes on the bench? We have won 21 of our last 22 games.

It’s just not happening. Sorry. Carry on.

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:27 AM 01-14-2021
Oh and I would like the thank your team for my weekend's entertainment. I haven't laughed like that in ages - the Steelers meltdown was priceless. :-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:29 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You're alright man. In fact, several of your fellow fans are alright too.

There's always 1 or 2 idiots that have to stir the shit, though.

I will say this, but only to you. The Browns absolutely do have a chance to win. So keep your head up. You might get to see history because it would be an epic upset.
We are Iowa nice...:-)
[Reply]
notorious 11:32 AM 01-14-2021
I've noticed that Browns fans are getting increasingly belligerent and starting to act more like Bills / Ravens / Titans fans.
I’m pretty sure it’s because of our attitude.

I predicted this last year. We were going to become insufferable, boy was I right.

Don’t really care, either.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:44 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
I’m pretty sure it’s because of our attitude.

I predicted this last year. We were going to become insufferable, boy was I right.

Don’t really care, either.
I don't think that's it. Things were amiable for 2-3 days. They started getting chippy yesterday and now today we don't know shit.

Several of them have turned into ThaDix. The difference is that he showed up this way, they took 2 or 3 days to unravel (or unmask).
[Reply]
Tonka83 11:46 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
It really is a slow build up. I saw it last week. The beginning of the week, after winning week 17, it was "we barely beat their back ups. We have no chance against their starters. But hey, we havent been to the playoffs in 18 years, so this is cool!"

To; "OMG, Stefanski, Bitonio, No Ward? No Hodge? we are ****ED!"

To- "WE WON, OMG, **** YOU STEELERS! **** JUJU, **** CLAYPOOL, **** EVERYONE IN YOUR INCESTED 3 TEETH BETWEEN THE 27 OF YOU YINZER BASTARDS!"

To the start of this week: "Its the Chiefs, on the road, we are going to get killed. But hey, we made the playoffs, we won a playoff game against big brother, losing to the Chiefs wont be so bad!"

To today: "You know what? The Chiefs werent that impressive down the stretch, and you know Mahomes hasnt played in a few weeks, and didnt look great against the Falcons. HELL YEAH WE CAN WIN THIS!"

Meanwhile, I am sitting here realizing that Andy Reid is phenomenal after a bye when he has time to prepare. Mahomes is flat out not losing to Baker Mayfield, and we are a team that is awful against the pass, and the Chiefs have a track team at wide receiver, and Travis Kelce who might be the best Tight End to ever play the game. I have no delusions about this weekend.
A lot of that is human nature and would happen to most fan bases in the same position. Honestly, if any fan base deserves a pass to be cocky for a week, it's Browns Fans.
They will come back down to earth just like we did after our playoff losses. After the 90s, (especially 95 and 97) I just learned to never talk shit because chances were I was going to have egg on my face.
It took Andy Reid and Mahomes for me to get back to that feeling of "WE GOT THIS". Browns fans can finally take the bags off their heads and that is something to be proud of.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mav 11:58 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Tonka83:
A lot of that is human nature and would happen to most fan bases in the same position. Honestly, if any fan base deserves a pass to be cocky for a week, it's Browns Fans.
They will come back down to earth just like we did after our playoff losses. After the 90s, (especially 95 and 97) I just learned to never talk shit because chances were I was going to have egg on my face.
It took Andy Reid and Mahomes for me to get back to that feeling of "WE GOT THIS". Browns fans can finally take the bags off their heads and that is something to be proud of.

Spoiler!
No lies anywhere detected. But i will say this for MOST Browns fans. The cockiness is only because we beat the Steelers. Most have no delusions about what this weekend is, and no matter what happens Sunday, the season was an incredible success. We finally have stability. We havent already begun to prepare to be off season super bowl champs, we arent conducting a coaching search, a gm search, and deciding which qb we can destroy this time. Life is good. A little sad to be honest that the Chiefs just happen to have a YOUNGER generational talent at qb, but hey. Not being the same ol "shitty browns" is a very nice thing. Good luck Sunday.
[Reply]
Pants 12:03 PM 01-14-2021
It really is a slow build up. I saw it last week. The beginning of the week, after winning week 17, it was "we barely beat their back ups. We have no chance against their starters. But hey, we havent been to the playoffs in 18 years, so this is cool!"

To; "OMG, Stefanski, Bitonio, No Ward? No Hodge? we are ****ED!"

To- "WE WON, OMG, **** YOU STEELERS! **** JUJU, **** CLAYPOOL, **** EVERYONE IN YOUR INCESTED 3 TEETH BETWEEN THE 27 OF YOU YINZER BASTARDS!"

To the start of this week: "Its the Chiefs, on the road, we are going to get killed. But hey, we made the playoffs, we won a playoff game against big brother, losing to the Chiefs wont be so bad!"

To today: "You know what? The Chiefs werent that impressive down the stretch, and you know Mahomes hasnt played in a few weeks, and didnt look great against the Falcons. HELL YEAH WE CAN WIN THIS!"

Meanwhile, I am sitting here realizing that Andy Reid is phenomenal after a bye when he has time to prepare. Mahomes is flat out not losing to Baker Mayfield, and we are a team that is awful against the pass, and the Chiefs have a track team at wide receiver, and Travis Kelce who might be the best Tight End to ever play the game. I have no delusions about this weekend.
Wait, what? IDK why but I always thought you were a 49ers fan. Must be confusing you with someone else.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:15 PM 01-14-2021
No lies anywhere detected. But i will say this for MOST Browns fans. The cockiness is only because we beat the Steelers. Most have no delusions about what this weekend is, and no matter what happens Sunday, the season was an incredible success. We finally have stability. We havent already begun to prepare to be off season super bowl champs, we arent conducting a coaching search, a gm search, and deciding which qb we can destroy this time. Life is good. A little sad to be honest that the Chiefs just happen to have a YOUNGER generational talent at qb, but hey. Not being the same ol "shitty browns" is a very nice thing. Good luck Sunday.
I've rooted for you guys all season but the joyride is over. I hope you guys take over the AFC North but it's going to be a fact of life that Patrick Mahomes & the Chiefs will be waiting every year for you in the playoffs.

I think it's great the shit stains are relevant again. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:18 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Wait, what? IDK why but I always thought you were a 49ers fan. Must be confusing you with someone else.
49er, Chief, Browns, packer, 90s Cowboys fan
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:18 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I've rooted for you guys all season but the joyride is over. I hope you guys take over the AFC North but it's going to be a fact of life that Patrick Mahomes & the Chiefs will be waiting every year for you in the playoffs.

I think it's great the shit stains are relevant again. :-)
They aren't relevant
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:19 PM 01-14-2021
:-)
I don't think that's it. Things were amiable for 2-3 days. They started getting chippy yesterday and now today we don't know shit.

Several of them have turned into ThaDix. The difference is that he showed up this way, they took 2 or 3 days to unravel (or unmask).
Part of that is my fault :-) they will never keep up though
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:19 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
They aren't relevant
They are in the divisional round of the playoffs.

That's relevant. :-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:21 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
They are in the divisional round of the playoffs.

That's relevant. :-)
Backed that ass up Herm style, so no
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:22 PM 01-14-2021
We havent already begun to prepare to be off season super bowl champs, we arent conducting a coaching search, a gm search, and deciding which qb we can destroy this time. Life is good.
Yeah, that has to feel good.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:36 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I think it’s “weird” that anyone would get so upset about grammar on a football fan internet BB. To each their own.

Grammar notwithstanding, This is a tough place to post and talk football. People can be harsh. Especially to n00bs.

Have a nice day my good man. :-)
Nah, not upset at all, I'm always that long-winded. It's just the discrepancy between the effort you put into representing yourself as being important and successful and in turn intelligent... and not knowing when to say "you are", is a huge gap that's quite the anomaly.

It would be like someone buying a Rolls-Royce and spending weeks on a wardrobe for the specific reason to impress dates, but adding the dangling balls that you see on the back of trucks, purposefully destroying the image that was being so desperately created.

And yes, it is.... the board was built as anything goes, even when sometimes I wish their was a full time adult table (as opposed to a specific kiddie table).
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up