ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any updates on Urban Meyer?
KCUnited 05:46 PM 01-09-2021
Heard he was talking to the Jags
Mecca 10:50 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Where’d you see this?
The report I'm seeing says Trent Baalke as GM, the 49ers guy when Harbaugh was there.
staylor26 10:52 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The report I'm seeing says Trent Baalke as GM, the 49ers guy when Harbaugh was there.
Same here that’s why I’m curious where Superturtle saw this.
chiefzilla1501 10:54 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
It sure seems like the track record of college guys coming up to the bigs is not good
I mean, I guess one thing urban has going for him is unlike chip Kelly and Spurrier he isn't going to the NFL because he's expected to be a football genius. That shit is hard to carry over. He is a very good leader of players, which those guys are not. Though I don't know if that's any better to have a really excellent manager who is totally clueless on scheme
Mecca 10:54 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Same here that’s why I’m curious where Superturtle saw this.
I found it, it's from Michael Lombardi.
BWillie 10:58 AM 01-14-2021
Fantastic hire.

Don't at me.
Easy 6 11:05 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I mean, I guess one thing urban has going for him is unlike chip Kelly and Spurrier he isn't going to the NFL because he's expected to be a football genius. That shit is hard to carry over. He is a very good leader of players, which those guys are not. Though I don't know if that's any better to have a really excellent manager who is totally clueless on scheme
The last guy I can remember to successfully make that jump is Jimmy Johnson, its such a huge roll of the dice by Jax... give me a Bienemy, Saleh, etc with an NFL resume over those long odds anytime
Mecca 11:06 AM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The last guy I can remember to successfully make that jump is Jimmy Johnson, its such a huge roll of the dice by Jax... give me a Bienemy, Saleh, etc with an NFL resume over those long odds anytime
It's gotta be about fans, Meyer is popular down there.
Easy 6 11:12 AM 01-14-2021
Agreed
staylor26 11:24 AM 01-14-2021
For sure. And that’s a terrible way to go about hiring your HC when you have the #1 overall pick and a franchise QB caliber prospect sitting there.
Titty Meat 11:25 AM 01-14-2021
Urban Meyer gets an NFL HC gig before Bienemy...
Kingsbury got a job before Bienemy. Meyer is a much better coach than Kinsbury
wazu 11:31 AM 01-14-2021
Never understand this approach. Fans care about winning. No matter how much they love Urban Meyer it won't matter at all if they aren't going to the playoffs every year.
BWillie 11:33 AM 01-14-2021
Taylor Lawrence + Urban Meyer.

Good start.
MahomesMagic 12:41 PM 01-14-2021
Meyer's advantage in recruiting is not an asset in the NFL.

His scheme we last saw would not maximize Trevor Lawrence.

I will wait to see who he hires for his staff. If Meyer used Ryan Day's update of his scheme it would be fine.

For now this looks more like a marketing move by Jax rather than a smart football one at first glance.
BWillie 12:59 PM 01-14-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Meyer's advantage in recruiting is not an asset in the NFL.

His scheme we last saw would not maximize Trevor Lawrence.

I will wait to see who he hires for his staff. If Meyer used Ryan Day's update of his scheme it would be fine.

For now this looks more like a marketing move by Jax rather than a smart football one at first glance.
I guess they can always trade for Alex Smiff and regain that Utah Utes magic.
Mecca 01:50 PM 01-14-2021
They should announce this hiring with a big graphic during sportscenter that says Urban Meyer is all elite.
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up