Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Media Center>CBS AA: The Stand
keg in kc 03:35 PM 09-01-2020
Coming in December.

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:47 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'm hoping for a miracle and it redeems itself.
[Reply]
notorious 08:57 AM 12-30-2020
With the source material provided it should be impossible to fuck this up.

Well......
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:28 AM 12-30-2020
Wow. How can they F*ck this material up so bad??

It’s like when they made that 90 minute Dark Tower movie a few years back.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:54 AM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Wow. How can they fuck this material up so bad??

It’s like when they made that 90 minute Dark Tower movie a few years back.
Damn, now that was a total cock up.
[Reply]
srvy 11:51 AM 12-30-2020
It's a pos and I turned the second episode of in the middle doubt I return. I'll just chalk it up as no one will ever get the book right. They just cant resist fucking it up.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 12:19 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
It's a pos and I turned the second episode of in the middle doubt I return. I'll just chalk it up as no one will ever get the book right. They just cant resist ****ing it up.
There were things I liked about the 1994 mini-series. At least they told the story in a coherent manner. I also thought most of the casting choices were very good, especially Stu Redman, Nick Andros, Tom Cullen, Nadine Cross and Randall Flagg. Not so much for Frannie and Harold.

Nothing makes you appreciate the original more than a horrific remake.
[Reply]
notorious 12:22 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
There were things I liked about the 1994 mini-series. At least they told the story in a coherent manner. I also thought most of the casting choices were very good, especially Stu Redman, Nick Andros, Tom Cullen, Nadine Cross and Randall Flagg. Not so much for Frannie and Harold.

Nothing makes you appreciate the original more than a horrific remake.
Sounds like the original is going to be a masterpiece compared to the new one.
[Reply]
Lzen 12:56 PM 12-30-2020
From someone who never saw the original miniseries and never read the book, so far it's meh. Not terrible, just ok. Hope it gets better.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:45 PM 12-30-2020
I'm sadly fairly unmotivated to continue watching it.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:47 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
From someone who never saw the original miniseries and never read the book, so far it's meh. Not terrible, just ok. Hope it gets better.
You should watch the old miniseries if you can find it. I liked it a lot.
[Reply]
notorious 01:51 PM 12-30-2020
Just finished the first episode. Lowered expectations must have helped, because I thought it was decent.

I have no idea why they want people to know Harold is going to be bad. Very stupid to let that cat out of the bag in the 1st episode.

The book built up a lot of good qualities of Harold until Stu came into the picture. It still took a while for Harold to build hate. That’s what made the betrayal hit hard.

Oh, big upgrade with the Frannie character. I hated Molly Ringwold as Frannie. This one is a lot hotter and way less annoying.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:56 PM 12-30-2020
I just got through the first episode. Wasn't expecting that much, so I'm not as disappointed as some seem. Yet.

Of course, the obligatory Heather Graham nips-and-hips shots raised my, er, appreciation a lot.

Wish they'd cast her as a primary character so I could appreciate her over the length of the series, though.
[Reply]
Lex Luthor 06:47 PM 12-30-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
Just finished the first episode. Lowered expectations must have helped, because I thought it was decent.

I have no idea why they want people to know Harold is going to be bad. Very stupid to let that cat out of the bag in the 1st episode.

The book built up a lot of good qualities of Harold until Stu came into the picture. It still took a while for Harold to build hate. That’s what made the betrayal hit hard.

Oh, big upgrade with the Frannie character. I hated Molly Ringwold as Frannie. This one is a lot hotter and way less annoying.
Completely agree with the bolded part. I thought one of the most interesting things about the book was Harold Lauder's character development and wondering if he was going to wind up being good or bad.

And yes, I also hated Molly Ringwold as Frannie. I'm almost tempted to watch episode 2 just to see more of the new Frannie.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:03 AM 01-29-2021
Did anyone keep watching this? Was it worth it?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:01 AM 01-29-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Did anyone keep watching this? Was it worth it?
No. But I heard Ezra Miller was bad as Trashcan Man.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up