ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Anyone have an Oculus?
dj56dt58 07:32 AM 08-24-2020
Ordered a quest yesterday since you can't find them in stores. Any must have apps? I'm mainly interested in live sports, hopefully NFL is in VR this year. I have an Alienware gaming pc so I can also use it for pc games, but I mainly play sports games and don't see much there in VR yet.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 07:35 AM 08-24-2020
I *REALLY* wanted one up until this:

https://www.oculus.com/blog/a-single.../?locale=en_US
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:42 AM 08-24-2020
I've had an Occulus Rift for over 2 years. Its a great piece of technology and I think you will enjoy the wireless freedom of the quest, and ability to plug it into a computer for higher fidelity. Im not sure what games are on the quest compared to the rift, but you can't go wrong with Superhot, In Death, Robo Recall, Terri's Effect, and Beat Saber.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:34 AM 08-24-2020
I like mine. There’s a couple of great boxing games. That’s about all I do. The one thing about Oculus Quest that people don’t consider. If you have kids, a small house, and/or lots of stuff, gaming isn’t as simple as turning it on and gaming. You have to have space to use it, which for me usually involves moving furniture and pushing other people out of the room.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 10:40 AM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I like mine. There’s a couple of great boxing games. That’s about all I do. The one thing about Oculus Quest that people don’t consider. If you have kids, a small house, and/or lots of stuff, gaming isn’t as simple as turning it on and gaming. You have to have space to use it, which for me usually involves moving furniture and pushing other people out of the room.
Do you use it to watch sports? That's mainly why I got mine, though I will certainly do some gaming as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:28 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
Do you use it to watch sports? That's mainly why I got mine, though I will certainly do some gaming as well.
I use it almost exclusively for gaming.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:16 PM 08-25-2020
I had an oculus and it was awesome for a bit for racing games but the graphics sucked compared to pancake mode. I also got sick quite a bit. Also idk why you would buy one for sports.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:25 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I had an oculus and it was awesome for a bit for racing games but the graphics sucked compared to pancake mode. I also got sick quite a bit. Also idk why you would buy one for sports.
I honestly use it for a more entertaining way of working out.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:35 PM 08-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I honestly use it for a more entertaining way of working out.
it is pretty sweet. I wish it would do a better job of fooling your brain. The first couple times it felt like I was flying a tiny weenie bit playing flight sims and race cars but after awhile it was just a novelty. The game VR gun game taught me how to load a wide array of guns properly though
[Reply]
dj56dt58 05:33 PM 08-26-2020
only sports on vr seems to be just watching on a screen rather than the 360 virutal experience I was looking for. The Go has the fox sports app which overs VR 360 but it isn't on the quest for some reason. NextVr sounds like it was awesome but apple bought it and now it's gone.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:12 PM 09-14-2020
I would strongly urge everyone to wait on purchase. A leak came out today which points to a Quest 2 coming out soon. Potential 299 starting price tag with a new chipset that is equivalent to a Snapdragon 865. This will enable processing power that is 3x better than the current Quest, a higher lense resolution, and 90 fps. Looking very nice.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 01:19 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I would strongly urge everyone to wait on purchase. A leak came out today which points to a Quest 2 coming out soon. Potential 299 starting price tag with a new chipset that is equivalent to a Snapdragon 865. This will enable processing power that is 3x better than the current Quest, a higher lense resolution, and 90 fps. Looking very nice.
Fuck
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:42 PM 12-28-2020
I just got an Oculus Quest 2 with The Walking Dead.

One of the most immersive gaming experiences I've ever had... and this coming from a MMORPG player.

The game is like being inside of a season of TWD.

I HIGHLY recommend it.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:04 PM 12-28-2020
As cool as the concept of this seems, I don't like the idea of being completely cut off from reality. I think if I was in the middle of some intense battle and my wife came up and tapped me on the shoulder I'd have a fucking heart attack.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:09 PM 12-28-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
As cool as the concept of this seems, I don't like the idea of being completely cut off from reality. I think if I was in the middle of some intense battle and my wife came up and tapped me on the shoulder I'd have a fucking heart attack.
Haha dude, it IS like that!

I was sneaky through these catacombs/tombs last night (the game is very dark as you only have a small flashlight) and my dogs started rubbing up against my legs... freaked me the eff out.

This has to be the scariest game ever made. I can't think of what would top it.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up