ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Media Center>Youtube.TV
Fish 11:07 PM 11-09-2017
Anybody else using this?

I just switched over from SlingTV to YoutubeTV. Seems great so far. Offers NBC, which Sling annoyingly didn't and the main reason I switched. Also FS1. But not sure if that means Royals games. ESPN. All the normal stations plus cable stuff like Discovery, Syfy, History, NG, etc.

Interface is infinitely better. Ability to pause no matter what. I'm really liking this so far.
[Reply]
srvy 02:09 PM 09-03-2020
I am happy to get the NFL Network added to my standard package but I don't think redzone for 11 bucks more is worth that.

Change my mind as I have never had redzone
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:20 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by Boon:
Good news. Hope they can keep the monthly cost dow for a couple of years.
NFL network is the first new channel YTTV has added that I might actually watch.

They keep adding channels and jacking up the price so you are back to a cable bundle.

I wish they would offer a sports lover package for a reduced price. But like cable companies they are gonna charge as much as they can.

There aren't a lot of options. Could probably save a few bucks with sling but by the time you add additional channels and the DVR option it wasn't much. At least last time checked.

If they could just end the monopoly on Sunday Ticket.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:23 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
I am happy to get the NFL Network added to my standard package but I don't think redzone for 11 bucks more is worth that.

If KC is not playing, RZ can be fine to have on in the background. But for me, RZ without Sunday Ticket would be a little irritating. If I start to get into a game on RZ, I like to be able to directly switch to it.
[Reply]
Fish 02:24 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
If KC is not playing, RZ can be fine to have on in the background. But for me, RZ without Sunday Ticket would be a little irritating. If I start to get into a game on RZ, I like to be able to directly switch to it.
I totally avoid RedZone for that reason. It's like the ADHD version of NFL. Drives me crazy.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:04 PM 09-03-2020
I love Redzone because they show you every TD and any big plays like turnovers, incredible catches, etc. It really is the best way to take it all in in highlight form. The problem is, like said, you can't really follow the story of a particular game. If you get invested in a matchup that isn't marquee you'll be missing a lot as they bounce around and focus on other, bigger games.

But for me, Redzone is awesome. I usually have the Chiefs/local game on TV and then Redzone open on my laptop.
[Reply]
srvy 04:06 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Yeah this doesn't sound like its for me for that price. If I want to watch highlights of other teams I don't want it popping in my chiefs game day experience. I can get that package to watch any game after its live viewing has ended for next to nothing on eBay.
[Reply]
srvy 04:08 PM 09-03-2020
I was about to 86 YT TV after this last increase glad I waited as NFL Network will keep me hanging in.
[Reply]
Renegade 04:34 PM 09-03-2020
Has anyone signed up for Fubotv? I almost did but went the YT route.
[Reply]
Stryker 04:48 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:

It is only good for Fantasy Football - close coverage of all games as they enter the red zone. That's about it.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:56 PM 09-03-2020
Adding NFL Network was the last piece of the puzzle for YouTube TV. All of the stations I watch now, good price at $65. I love YouTube TV.
[Reply]
Fish 03:15 PM 11-04-2020
If you're considering YoutubeTV, now is a good time to sign up...

Try YouTube TV free, and get a Chromecast on us!

Sign up for YouTube TV and get a new Chromecast with Google TV ($49.99 value) after your first payment of $64.99, while supplies last. Limited time offer.

https://tv.youtube.com/
[Reply]
sedated 05:26 PM 11-04-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I love Redzone because they show you every TD and any big plays like turnovers, incredible catches, etc. It really is the best way to take it all in in highlight form. The problem is, like said, you can't really follow the story of a particular game.
I agree if you really want to watch a single game, RZ will let you down, but honestly its tough to follow 7/8/9 games at once anyway so RZ is perfect for that. If KC is playing I'm only glancing over anyway.

When it gets to the 3pm games, there are only a few and they focus on the biggest one with just pop-ins from the others.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:17 PM 11-04-2020
Ditching direct TV for YouTubeTV. So good so far.
[Reply]
Stryker 06:39 PM 11-04-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Ditching direct TV for YouTubeTV. So good so far.
You won't regret it! I wish I had done this years ago I would have saved a fortune. Cut that cord! :-)
[Reply]
eDave 07:43 PM 11-04-2020
YTTV is great. Just got it but before the free chromething.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up