ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Media Center>Youtube.TV
Fish 11:07 PM 11-09-2017
Anybody else using this?

I just switched over from SlingTV to YoutubeTV. Seems great so far. Offers NBC, which Sling annoyingly didn't and the main reason I switched. Also FS1. But not sure if that means Royals games. ESPN. All the normal stations plus cable stuff like Discovery, Syfy, History, NG, etc.

Interface is infinitely better. Ability to pause no matter what. I'm really liking this so far.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:46 AM 05-29-2020
Sounds like YouTube is trying to get out of the original scripted series game. Shopping Cobrai Kai to Netflix or Hulu.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/cobra-k...lu-1202941951/
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:53 AM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Sounds like YouTube is trying to get out of the original scripted series game. Shopping Cobrai Kai to Netflix or Hulu.

https://deadline.com/2020/05/cobra-k...lu-1202941951/
Just like AT&T, Apple and now YouTube, these companies have no idea what's involved in producing content for TV, whether it's scripted or unscripted.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:17 PM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
No NFL Network or A&E.
I have the "USA TV & Radio" app for my fire stick that gets both.
[Reply]
Fish 01:13 PM 05-29-2020
There's also an app called Mobdro that you can sideload on a Fire device and get live streams of both. The quality might not be 720p, but it works.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:29 PM 06-21-2020
I am all in on this. Just bought 2 Roku express Plus devices and am officially cutting the cord on Thursday. Have access to YouTube TV and Hulu. A subscription for Netflix and I still save a bundle. Can't wait! :-)
[Reply]
SuperChief 08:50 AM 06-22-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
I am all in on this. Just bought 2 Roku express Plus devices and am officially cutting the cord on Thursday. Have access to YouTube TV and Hulu. A subscription for Netflix and I still save a bundle. Can't wait! :-)
You won't regret it. It's like switching from Pandora to Spotify - you can pick and choose on a more selective basis what entertainment you want to enjoy (and save that $$).
[Reply]
Sorce 12:53 PM 06-30-2020
$15 price hike.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:01 PM 06-30-2020
After more than 17 years, I just gave Direct TV the heave-ho. I am absolutely done with that company and will never, ever return.

I don't know if this is available in your area but I switched to Spectrum Choice TV, which is their best streaming option, IMO. It includes all local channels and ten channels of your choice. I added a few for my wife and several for me including NFL Network, Fox Sports, ESPN 1 & 2, History, Discovery and a few more. The price was $30.99 per month.

For an additional $15 dollars, I purchased the Premium Package, which includes HBO Max, Showtime and Starz! along with their Cloud DVR service for a total of $50.98 per month. I have access to all of the associated apps, which is generally how I watch TV programs, as I can rarely watch anything other than sports in real time.

But going from $159 per month to $50.98 per month is nice and with Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Disney Plus and ESPN+, I think I'm set for the foreseeable future.

As for Chiefs games, I have three nieces and one nephew in college, so I'll have one of them sign up for the Sunday Ticket app so I won't miss a minute of Chiefs games.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:22 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
After more than 17 years, I just gave Direct TV the heave-ho. I am absolutely done with that company and will never, ever return.

I don't know if this is available in your area but I switched to Spectrum Choice TV, which is their best streaming option, IMO. It includes all local channels and ten channels of your choice. I added a few for my wife and several for me including NFL Network, Fox Sports, ESPN 1 & 2, History, Discovery and a few more. The price was $30.99 per month.

For an additional $15 dollars, I purchased the Premium Package, which includes HBO Max, Showtime and Starz! along with their Cloud DVR service for a total of $50.98 per month. I have access to all of the associated apps, which is generally how I watch TV programs, as I can rarely watch anything other than sports in real time.

But going from $159 per month to $50.98 per month is nice and with Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Disney Plus and ESPN+, I think I'm set for the foreseeable future.

As for Chiefs games, I have three nieces and one nephew in college, so I'll have one of them sign up for the Sunday Ticket app so I won't miss a minute of Chiefs games.
Congrats on getting out from under DTV; I'm getting close to doing so as well. I have every channel they provide but watch maybe 5 or 6 of them. My sons don't watch anything on TV. It's all streaming content for them. The market has really psed DTV up.

You can get Sunday Ticket STudent without having Direct TV?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:33 PM 06-30-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Congrats on getting out from under DTV; I'm getting close to doing so as well. I have every channel they provide but watch maybe 5 or 6 of them. My sons don't watch anything on TV. It's all streaming content for them. The market has really psed DTV up.
That's what happened on my end as well. With Disney+, Hulu, Netflix and Amazon, my kids weren't watching any of the 315 DTV channels, other than local live TV such as game shows. I found that outside of ESPN and the NFL Network, I wasn't watching anything other than the streamers and locals. I normally watch the NBA on TNT, so I added it and TBS to the my 10 channel choice.

There are just so many options these days with all of the streamers that there's really no need to pay $175 dollars a month for Direct TV.

You can get Sunday Ticket STudent without having Direct TV?
College students with a valid educational email can sign up for Sunday Ticket for $99.99 for the season, making the switch a no-brainer for me.
[Reply]
backinblack 01:47 PM 06-30-2020
Still have DirecTV and while I think it's still a great service, it does cost way too much. That and the persistent rumors of it being killed off in the not too distant future has me looking elsewhere.

I was really looking into YTTV, only negative I had with it is the lack of NFL Network. I really like the ability to watch any channel including the locals on any device, as well as the account sharing and unlimited DVR. Not a fan of it increasing in price just to add the Viacom channels, wish I could opt out of those. I don't watch any Viacom channels except maybe Comedy Central on occasion, and I'm perfectly fine waiting for the shows to pop up elsewhere.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 02:09 PM 06-30-2020
I'm still with Directv, have been since 2008. With youtube.tv do you have an on-screen guide? If not, how do you know what shows are on? I figured since I'm retired and only have just a few enjoyable things in life, I'm not going to sweat spending an extra $100 a month when I watch a lot of TV and find it's convenient with Directv.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:41 PM 06-30-2020
That's what happened on my end as well. With Disney+, Hulu, Netflix and Amazon, my kids weren't watching any of the 315 DTV channels, other than local live TV such as game shows. I found that outside of ESPN and the NFL Network, I wasn't watching anything other than the streamers and locals. I normally watch the NBA on TNT, so I added it and TBS to the my 10 channel choice.

There are just so many options these days with all of the streamers that there's really no need to pay $175 dollars a month for Direct TV.

College students with a valid educational email can sign up for Sunday Ticket for $99.99 for the season, making the switch a no-brainer for me.

Good tip for me to pass on to my son's friends, thank you.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:58 PM 06-30-2020
Good tip for me to pass on to my son's friends, thank you.
No worries, Dude!

The other cool thing about Spectrum Choice is that their app works on Roku, Apple TV, iPad's, phones, etc. and so on. So unlike Direct TV, which requires a receiver in every room, I can now watch Live TV on all six of my Roku TV's throughout the house, which is awesome, as I dumped all of the boxes, save for the Family Room, back in 2016.

Paying like $40+ dollars per month for Direct TV box rentals makes zero sense in 2020. With Sunday Ticket, my bill routinely topped out at $200+ per month. It's crazy awesome that I can get every channel that I watch and more for $50.98 per month.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:05 PM 06-30-2020
No worries, Dude!

The other cool thing about Spectrum Choice is that their app works on Roku, Apple TV, iPad's, phones, etc. and so on. So unlike Direct TV, which requires a receiver in every room, I can now watch Live TV on all six of my Roku TV's throughout the house, which is awesome, as I dumped all of the boxes, save for the Family Room, back in 2016.

Paying like $40+ dollars per month for Direct TV box rentals makes zero sense in 2020. With Sunday Ticket, my bill routinely topped out at $200+ per month. It's crazy awesome that I can get every channel that I watch and more for $50.98 per month.
Sounds like Spectrum will pay for itself quickly for you. Roku box is my box of choice as well. Someday soon we'll look back on the days we let DTV place clunky big boxes all over our houses and paid them big dollars to do so and just shake our heads.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 16
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up