ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Jets new coach Robert Saleh
thabear04 09:20 PM 01-14-2021

Jets are hiring former 49ers’ DC Robert Saleh as their next head coach, per league sources. The two sides now have reached agreement on a five-year deal.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 15, 2021

[Reply]
RunKC 01:44 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
IMO, they should trade Darnold for whatever they can get, even if it's just a 3rd and 5th. It's time to move on and create a new culture. Plus, they're going to receive an additional 3rd for hiring Saleh.

They'll have plenty of time and draft picks in order to grab a guy like Zach Wilson or Trey Lance (I'm not a fan of Fields) and still grab an impact WR or even a running back like Najee Harris, who would be amazing in the Shanahan WCO.

The future is bright, as long as the Johnson Brothers don't **** it up.
If I had to choose a QB2 after Lawrence, it’s Zach Wilson. He’s got very high ceiling due to his physical abilities. Reminds me a bit of Josh Allen though he’s more polished and not as big/strong of guy.

Idk why any team would be putting a limited QB like Fields on their draft board. I sure as hell hope the Chiefs learn this after Mahomes retires.
[Reply]
wazu 01:48 PM 01-15-2021
IMO, they should trade Darnold for whatever they can get, even if it's just a 3rd and 5th. It's time to move on and create a new culture. Plus, they're going to receive an additional 3rd for hiring Saleh.

They'll have plenty of time and draft picks in order to grab a guy like Zach Wilson or Trey Lance (I'm not a fan of Fields) and still grab an impact WR or even a running back like Najee Harris, who would be amazing in the Shanahan WCO.

The future is bright, as long as the Johnson Brothers don't fuck it up.
Pretty sure this is incorrect. The 49ers get the 3rd rounder, not the Jets.
[Reply]
2112 02:03 PM 01-15-2021

The future is bright, as long as the Johnson Brothers don't fuck it up.
According to Schefter (what I heard today) Saleh and the new OC are high on Darnold and think the new offense is perfect for him. I like Darnold, the problem is he hasn’t been developed. Hopefully he’s not already ruined by the regression.

They had some good draft picks that were hurt early in the year and came on strong near the end. Lamichael perrine, Denzel mims , ashtyn Davis and Bryce hall. Becton is a freak of nature.

Totally agree on Johnson’s being the wild card.
[Reply]
2112 02:04 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
That would make sense. I think they have 2 3rds this year and next year anyways.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:05 PM 01-15-2021
Keyshawn said this morning he's a mix of Herm and Rex Ryan....and yes he really did say that
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:10 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
According to Schefter (what I heard today) Saleh and the new OC are high on Darnold and think the new offense is perfect for him. I like Darnold, the problem is he hasn’t been developed. Hopefully he’s not already ruined by the regression.

They had some good draft picks that were hurt early in the year and came on strong near the end. Lamichael perrine, Denzel mims , ashtyn Davis and Bryce hall. Becton is a freak of nature.

While I agree with Dane and would personally wipe the slate clean by trading Darnold, Saleh isn't wrong. One thing that Darnold is actually good at is rolling out and throwing outside the pocket. The Shanahan offense is kind of perfect for him.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:11 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Keyshawn said this morning he's a mix of Herm and Rex Ryan....and yes he really did say that
Ok I’ve changed my mind on this, bad hire!:-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:41 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Yep, I crossed my own wires this morning. It's not the hiring team, it's the team that in which he left that receives the additional 3rd round pick.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:48 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:

Originally Posted by htismaqe:
While I agree with Dane and would personally wipe the slate clean by trading Darnold, Saleh isn't wrong. One thing that Darnold is actually good at is rolling out and throwing outside the pocket. The Shanahan offense is kind of perfect for him.
While I think that Darnold can have some success in the NFL, it's unlikely that the Jets will be in a position to draft a QB with the ability to start right away without giving up future picks, making this the right time for them to move on.

Why waste a year of Douglas and Saleh's tenure? Get your guy, trade Darnold and build from the ground up. I think the same of Detroit and Atlanta as well.

It's just time to move on.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:50 PM 01-15-2021
While I think that Darnold can have some success in the NFL, it's unlikely that the Jets will be in a position to draft a QB with the ability to start right away without giving up future picks, making this the right time for them to move on.

Why waste a year of Douglas and Saleh's tenure? Get your guy, trade Darnold and build from the ground up. I think the same of Detroit and Atlanta as well.

It's just time to move on.
First paragraph, I'm not quite understanding. Are you saying they won't be in a position this year or they might not be again after this year so they should take a QB this year and trade Darnold?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:02 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
First paragraph, I'm not quite understanding. Are you saying they won't be in a position this year or they might not be again after this year so they should take a QB this year and trade Darnold?
Apologies for the confusion.

The Jets are currently sitting at #4 in the 2021 draft, with an additional 1st round pick from Seattle at #23.

Most likely, Trey Lance and/or Zach Wilson will be available at #4, so the Jets wouldn't have to give up any additional draft capital in order to take either QB. IMO, they should take whichever QB they like best, then trade Darnold for whatever they can get, even if it's just a 3rd and a 5th.

If they go that route, they will be absolutely loaded with draft picks, and that's not including additional 3rd round picks incoming for hiring Saleh.

If they hang on to Darnold and he doesn't live up to their expectations, they'll not only receive less draft compensation moving forward for him but they may not be in a position to take another 1st round QB without giving up additional picks.

If I was running the Jets, I'd trade Darnold and move on in order to reset the lockerrom and culture of the entire club.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:03 PM 01-15-2021
Apologies for the confusion.

The Jets are currently sitting at #4 in the 2021 draft, with an additional 1st round pick from Seattle at #23.

Most likely, Trey Lance and/or Zach Wilson will be available at #4, so the Jets wouldn't have to give up any additional draft capital in order to take either QB. IMO, they should take whichever QB they like best, then trade Darnold for whatever they can get, even if it's just a 3rd and a 5th.

If they go that route, they're going to be absolutely loaded with draft picks and that's not including additional 3rd round picks coming over from the hiring of Saleh.

If they hang on to Darnold and he doesn't live up to their expectations, they'll not only receive less draft compensation moving forward but they may not be in a position to take another 1st round QB without giving up additional picks.

If I was running the Jets, I'd trade Darnold and move on in order to reset the lockerrom and culture of the entire club.
Okay, that makes sense.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:12 PM 01-15-2021
Are Wilson and/or Lance better than Darnold? I'm not convinced that's the case.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:18 PM 01-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Are Wilson and/or Lance better than Darnold? I'm not convinced that's the case.
Well, no one can be certain because neither have played a down in the NFL.

But if the Jets want wholesale changes after hiring a new GM last year and a new head coach this year, it's time to move on.

Darnold has been WAY too inconsistent in his career. He's thrown for 45 TD with 39 INT's but many of those TD's came in garbage time and his overall Completion Percentage through three NFL seasons is less than 60%.

Now, maybe some offensive "genious" can scheme his way around Darnold but if it's MY coaching staff and MY team, I'm moving on to the next guy.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up