ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 154 of 295
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:15 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's vision. He doesn't really have it.
Or power or speed or explosion or pass pro

I loved him at LSU. I thought he was going to be a star. I was wrong.
[Reply]
-King- 09:16 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
He’s nowhere near as good as Kareem. Man I miss that guy.

Having a true ass kicker who has excellent balance, power and receiving skills makes such a difference.

I’d even take prime Spencer Ware back
I never truly appreciated how much of a perfect fit for this offense Kareem was until he was gone.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:49 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's vision. He doesn't really have it.
Vision was supposed to be one of his strengths coming out of college. :-)
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 10:12 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:

Mental health is real guys
[Reply]
Dante84 10:13 AM 09-13-2021
I'm going to give him more than one week with the entire new offensive line against a strong defensive front.

Were there times I wish he would have zigged left instead of zagging right? For sure, like 3 or 4 times. I think the chemistry will settle in there, and learn to read the spots better.

You know how a QB can get rattled if they have a shitty Oline for a while, and begin seeing ghosts where there are none? I wonder if it's the same thing with a RB. His acclimation to the NFL was the lineman getting smashed into his lap all season long last year.

I'm sure EB & Reid will go over the tape with him and get it corrected. This is the guy Joe Burrow called the "best player on our team" the year they won the national championship and had multiple first rounders taken. I think he'll come around.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:25 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Vision was supposed to be one of his strengths coming out of college. :-)
It was. So was pass-pro and receiving.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:27 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
I'm not going to use David Montgomery's 2020 as a measuring stick to what CEH's 2021 could be. That is just ****ing silly.

CEH faced one of the leagues best defenses, which it could very well being a top5 run defense at the end of the year. To which yesterday he avg. 4.65yds per touch. Ball security was on point. There is only so many stats to go around. Not every touch will be a 6-7yd gain. CEH did what was asked of him yesterday. Was it a pro bowl performance? No. But he did his job that was asked of him.

I'd still rather have CEH's 73 yds and no turnovers than Nick Chubb's 101yds 2 td's and 1 crucial fumble.

WTF is this video? If that game wasn't in the heat, it's a 30 point Cleveland victory? :-) Give me a break. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 10:28 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
“The heat, if that game is played in November/December…..that’s a 30 point Cleveland victory..trust me”

:-)
Yeah, I couldn't watch any more after he said that. What a clueless moron.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:29 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
What? The Browns defense is pure garbage
Are we sure about that? I mean, things change from year to year. They did make a lot of changes to that side of the ball. Can we at least acknowledge that they may end up being good this year?
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:29 AM 09-13-2021
I'm confused as to why we moved Greg Lewis from WR coach to RB coach. That seems odd to me.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:36 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
We need to feed him the ball more, the problem with running the ball on our team seems to be establishing the run to start with.
Oof.

Don't do this. Ever.

Unless you have Jamaal Charles in your backfield, take the ball out of Mahomes hands as infrequently as possible. Even when you do run it, it should be primarily out of RPO situations where Mahomes can check into a pass to attack the numbers.

This team shouldn't be calling more than a dozen or so designed runs a game and all of those should be situation dependent (short yardage or to set up a pass look later on). Trying to 'establish the run' just to double-down on an iffy 1st round pick couldn't be more wrong-headed.

That's how bad teams operate. This isn't one of those teams.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:38 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oof.

Don't do this. Ever.

Unless you have Jamaal Charles in your backfield, take the ball out of Mahomes hands as infrequently as possible. Even when you do run it, it should be primarily out of RPO situations where Mahomes can check into a pass to attack the numbers.

This team shouldn't be calling more than a dozen or so designed runs a game and all of those should be situation dependent (short yardage or to set up a pass look later on). Trying to 'establish the run' just to double-down on an iffy 1st round pick couldn't be more wrong-headed.

That's how bad teams operate. This isn't one of those teams.
We don’t need to plan to run the ball more. We just need to be more efficient when we run. If that leads to more favorable circumstances to run the ball (more 2nd/3rd and short situations), then I’m all for it.

Game planning to run the ball more isn’t smart with this QB.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 10:47 AM 09-13-2021
We run to keep the RPO's and flashy plays effective. It changes it up. Clyde is fine.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 11:24 AM 09-13-2021
I guess I'd be more concerned if we hadn't seen CEH have good games before. I think he'll be fine.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:29 AM 09-13-2021
Originally Posted by KC Hawks:
I guess I'd be more concerned if we hadn't seen CEH have good games before. I think he'll be fine.
I honestly thought CEH’s 2 best performances (outside of HOU and BUF) were his last 2 games (NO and TB SB) agaisnt 2 of the best run defenses in the league, if not the best.

Something does seem off so far this year, but I’m not sure if it’s him, the new OL, and/or a bit of a scheme change in the run game.

I’m just going to be patient and wait a few more games.
[Reply]
Page 154 of 295
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164204254 > Last »
Up