ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 3903
« First < 36768283848586 87888990961361865861086 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Titty Meat 03:29 PM 03-09-2020
This isnt a big deal and the Niprah virus was much more deadly
[Reply]
eDave 03:29 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
No, but the over reactions are.
The over reactions are real though.
[Reply]
TLO 03:32 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
The over reactions are real though.
They may be real, but are they realistic?
[Reply]
eDave 03:32 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
They may be real, but are they realistic?
I'm not them. Not a hoax though.
[Reply]
suzzer99 03:35 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
No, but the over reactions are.
Originally Posted by :
Hi. I’m Italian.
We used to think the same in Italy as well, that this was about “panic manipulation”, “just a flu”, “smoke screen”…
So people kept acting cool, hanging out, travel, using slogans like “let’s support our global economy” etc to cover our lack of sense of community.
Now we are all red area, all of us in quarantine, hospitals about to collapse, the amount of contaged people is doubling every 12 hours, and no more machines and doctors in hospitals for all of us.
Doctors are starting to use the doctors ethic law: first save the ones with more chances of survival, second save the youngest.
Screw the others.
We are way beyond containment.
In Italy, but in the rest of the world as well with 72 countries contaged.
Just be prepared to quarantine when it strikes your country as well, and good luck to all of us.
Read the numbers about Italy, on 9172 contaged people 463 are already dead, 724 healed, the others still fighting.
We ****ed up because we underestimated the virus, but we hope we can still serve as bad example and other countries can learn from our failure.
From the Pan-Am Traveler forum (where some posters are still calling it a hoax).
[Reply]
Mecca 04:05 PM 03-09-2020
So if everyone is in quarantine does that mean one pays bills and no one works and well life sucks and people get kicked out?
[Reply]
eDave 04:07 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So if everyone is in quarantine does that mean one pays bills and no one works and well life sucks and people get kicked out?
No.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:23 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
So what did Italy do wrong?

For one, at least since just a few days ago, they are still allowing flights from the north to the south within their country. Not sure if that’s changed yet.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 04:24 PM 03-09-2020
No.
Who covers those families who expenses and who covers their employers expenses for lost productivity?
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 04:26 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Russia seems to be skating by not a care in the world and yet surrounded by it.
They've been pretty aggressive cracking down from the beginning. Thee other day they kicked out 100 ppl for falling to self quarantine and Moscow threatened 5 year prison terms for citizens failing to self quarantine after returning from trips to countries with large outbreaks.
[Reply]
eDave 04:27 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Who covers those families who expenses and who covers their employers expenses for lost productivity?
Nobody.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:29 PM 03-09-2020

In press: "Aerosol & surface stability of #SARSCoV2 compared to SARS-CoV-1" finds:
-viable virus in aerosols for up to 3 hrs
-up to 4 hrs on copper
-up to 24 hrs on cardboard
-up to 2-3 days on plastic & stainless steel
- 1/2 life = 13 hrs on steel, 16 hrs on polypropylene

— Laurie Garrett (@Laurie_Garrett) March 9, 2020

Assuming this is real this is scary as hell since pretty much everything we touch is made out of plastic or stainless steel. This is where temperatures could make a big difference. I read somewhere that some viruses degrade pretty quickly over 80 degrees.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 04:30 PM 03-09-2020
Nobody.
Wow, truly a compassionate person.

No plan what so ever to take care of quarantined people?
[Reply]
eDave 04:34 PM 03-09-2020
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
Wow, truly a compassionate person.

No plan what so ever to take care of quarantined people?
There will be nobody to take care of them because everyone will be in quaranteen.

I suggest rewatching TWD for hints on how to survive the aftermath.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 04:40 PM 03-09-2020
There will be nobody to take care of them because everyone will be in quaranteen.

I suggest rewatching TWD for hints on how to survive the aftermath.
I survived Obama’s swine flu and his Zika outbreak. I’m sure I’ll survive this media driven political frenzy.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 3903
« First < 36768283848586 87888990961361865861086 > Last »
Up