ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Griddles
Fire Me Boy! 11:12 AM 07-31-2018
Anyone have one of these outdoor (or indoor, I don't care how you use it) griddles like the Blackstone? Basically, it's a propane fired steel griddle in various sizes - I have a 36". If you've ever been to a hibachi restaurant where they cook in front of you, basically one of those.

This is a place for sharing. What do you have, what do you like to cook on it?

I broke mine in this weekend with some fried rice, KC strip, and mixed veggies. It wasn't perfect, but it was damn good.

I'm thinking about doing some smashburgers this weekend, or maybe a big breakfast - bacon, french toast, hash browns.
[Reply]
cabletech94 07:44 PM 05-31-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You sir are a wizard!

My whining caused my wife to use our trillions of amazon points for one. :-)
I’ve been doing the whining as well. I think it’s paying off.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:23 AM 03-19-2022
Looking to build an outdoor kitchen with a griddle included.

I'm interested in a Blackstone but am curious about how the grease trap off the back would work if its sitting flush in a counter or bar top. Seems like it would be a challenge to access.

Anyone have theirs built into countertop that can shine some light on how you installed it?
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 11:35 AM 03-19-2022
I have no experience with Blackstone but I love my Blaze. http://www.greatgrills.com/p/9352783...iddle-lte.html
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:53 AM 03-19-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’ve been wanting to get one of these for a while now. I may have to bite the bullet and do it.
Got one last weekend. Just need to set it up.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:53 AM 03-19-2022
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
I have no experience with Blackstone but I love my Blaze. http://www.greatgrills.com/p/9352783...iddle-lte.html
That's certainly a beaut.

I saw you mention upthread about including it in an outdoor kitchen. Any challenges cleaning it with your setup?
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 11:57 AM 03-19-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
That's certainly a beaut.

I saw you mention upthread about including it in an outdoor kitchen. Any challenges cleaning it with your setup?
No, grease tray is super easy to empty. That’s why I went with this unit.
[Reply]
cdcox 12:16 PM 03-19-2022
Tangential topic, But dealing with grease traps can be the worst. Among my top five worst experiences during a 6 month period working at McDonalds in the 1970s, was the night I had to empty the grease trap. This thing was like 30” long, 4” wide and 30” deep. It was full within 6 inches of the top and probably weighed over 100 lbs. The smell was about what you would expect from rancid grease. It had two handles on the 4” side. Me and another guy each grabbed a handle to carry it the 40 yards to the corral. We were hunched over, taking these tiny shuffle steps, with the grease slopping back and forth. My shoes were caked by the time we got to the corral. But at least I was making $2.70 an hour.
[Reply]
Renegade 05:11 PM 03-19-2022
I got the 36” char griller. It has a front grease trap and about $100 less than blackstone. Came with a lid as well
[Reply]
cabletech94 05:18 PM 03-19-2022
Originally Posted by Renegade:
I got the 36” char griller. It has a front grease trap and about $100 less than blackstone. Came with a lid as well
The tray is a must. Also, fry up a pound of bacon first. Because bacon.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:59 AM 03-20-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Looking to build an outdoor kitchen with a griddle included.

I'm interested in a Blackstone but am curious about how the grease trap off the back would work if its sitting flush in a counter or bar top. Seems like it would be a challenge to access.

Anyone have theirs built into countertop that can shine some light on how you installed it?
I’d probably look for one with a front trap. No countertop here but the black stone is slanted at the back so you’ll play hell getting it clean.

I have a subscription to ATK. I’ll see if I can dig up an article about it.

Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Got one last weekend. Just need to set it up.
Nice. I bought the black stone seasoning … shit. It worked better than oil. I’d recommend it.
[Reply]
notorious 06:39 AM 03-20-2022
Originally Posted by cdcox:
Tangential topic, But dealing with grease traps can be the worst. Among my top five worst experiences during a 6 month period working at McDonalds in the 1970s, was the night I had to empty the grease trap. This thing was like 30” long, 4” wide and 30” deep. It was full within 6 inches of the top and probably weighed over 100 lbs. The smell was about what you would expect from rancid grease. It had two handles on the 4” side. Me and another guy each grabbed a handle to carry it the 40 yards to the corral. We were hunched over, taking these tiny shuffle steps, with the grease slopping back and forth. My shoes were caked by the time we got to the corral. But at least I was making $2.70 an hour.

[Reply]
MTG#10 07:42 AM 03-20-2022
I bought one and used it once. There's just nothing I care to make on it, I can make smash burgers on my big cast iron skillet, and I dont have an army to feed for breakfast so it's not worth using it for that either. Steaks taste better on cast iron as well.

If anyone lives in the Springfield/Ozark area and wants to make me an offer let me know. It's the biggest version, and comes with a hardtop cover and an outdoor cover. I'll even throw in a grill scraper I bought for it.
[Reply]
Groves 08:29 AM 03-20-2022
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
If anyone lives in the Springfield/Ozark area and wants to make me an offer let me know.
I missed out on your firearms sale lo many years ago. Still stings.

I’m not your griddle huckleberry unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:49 AM 03-20-2022
Originally Posted by Renegade:
This one looks promising.
[Reply]
cabletech94 09:02 AM 03-20-2022
Originally Posted by MTG#10:
I bought one and used it once. There's just nothing I care to make on it, I can make smash burgers on my big cast iron skillet, and I dont have an army to feed for breakfast so it's not worth using it for that either. Steaks taste better on cast iron as well.

If anyone lives in the Springfield/Ozark area and wants to make me an offer let me know. It's the biggest version, and comes with a hardtop cover and an outdoor cover. I'll even throw in a grill scraper I bought for it.
I’ll give you about tree-fiddy.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 16
« First < 51112131415 16 >
Up