ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 144
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Titans (AFC Championship edition) thread
TLO 05:12 PM 01-12-2020
The AFC Championship runs through Arrowhead.
[Reply]
Lzen 11:54 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
This game would be like if Marty Schottenheimer and Steve Bono were going to play Jim Kelly and the Bills offense and we sat there saying shit like "oh man Bono has made some good throws" while Kelly is beating his entire post season state line in basically a quarter.
Replace Bono with Steve Deberg and your analogy fits the timeline. Was Bono really that good of a scrambler or do we just remember him that way because of Buddy Ryan's dumb ass?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:55 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by BDj23:
We've lost a few fluke games to Tennessee. That luck is going to run out and the superior team will prevail.
Let's hope BUT those were not fluke games that was Reid and crew getting caught off guard on how physical Tennessee was and had no answers especially the first 2 games with Sutton as DC.:-)
[Reply]
Mecca 11:56 AM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Replace Bono with Steve Deberg and your analogy fits the timeline. Was Bono really that good of a scrambler or do we just remember him that way because of Buddy Ryan's dumb ass?
That's fine too, just saying anyone who is blowing up Tannehill needs to remember who he is and how the Titans are literally trying to ask him to do nothing.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:02 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
Let's hope BUT those were not fluke games that was Reid and crew getting caught off guard on how physical Tennessee was and had no answers especially the first 2 games with Sutton as DC.:-)
The losses to the Titans in 2016, 2018 playoffs, and this year were all absolutely flukes.

We iced Succop in 2016 when his kick fell far short. Then he fucking drilled it.

2018 Playoffs-Forward Progress, Mariota to Mariota...those are fluke plays that changed the game.

This year...take your pick. Probably 10 flukes minimum.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:02 PM 01-14-2020
I said it yesterday and I’ll say it again. If we lose to the Titans....it’s because their defense stopped our offense.

Our defense is better than it was and I don’t see the same crazy shit happening again.

Chiefs - 34
Titans - 24
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:06 PM 01-14-2020

[Reply]
BlackOp 12:06 PM 01-14-2020
One thing that cant be discounted is the NFL is a business....they stand to lose an ungodly amount if Mahomes isn't in the SB.

Sorry, but Tannehill isn't going to inspire non-football people to tune in...or foreign markets. The Titans, as a whole, are kind of like a pair of tan Dockers....just bland and nondescript. The NFL marketing team would be working overtime to create some interesting story-lines.

How would you sell the Titans to the non-football audience?

People want offense...

We saw this happen when Bortles was about to beat Brady...the refs gifted them 60 yards of penalties right before half....then whistled a fumble/TD dead. They didn't call a single penalty on NE that game.

Is what it is...but there is a ton on money at stake. NFL is trying to build it's brand post Brady/Brees/Roethlisberger/Manning/Luck.

I expect the officiating...for the first time in KC history, to be slanted their way. It's just business.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:07 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Icing Succop
Mariota to Mariota and the Forward Progress Strip Sack
Fucking up 2 Field Goal Attempts and the Blake Bell screen

Reid needs this one. Zero chance we take our foot off the gas.
Damien Williams fumble returned for a 53 yard touchdown.

The amount of weird shit that has had to happened to lose those games has just been staggering. And with teams that aren't as good as this one.

I'm strangely confident.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:07 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I said it yesterday and I’ll say it again. If we lose to the Titans....it’s because their defense stopped our offense.

Our defense is better than it was and I don’t see the same crazy shit happening again.

Chiefs - 34
Titans - 24
I’ll agree, but I think Reid will run it up more than that. After losing 3 straight games to the Titans that ALL should’ve been wins, I don’t think Reid will let this one get close if we have a lead.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:08 PM 01-14-2020
What Super Bowl matchup sounds like a bigger ratings generator?

Rodgers vs Mahomes
Rodgers vs Tannehill
Garrapolo vs Mahomes
Garrapolo vs Tannehill
[Reply]
bdj23 12:08 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
A botched field goal, and a Marriotta throwing a touchdown pass to himself isn't a fluke way to win? Ried icing Succop to give him an extra chance at kicking a field goal on a 0° day? :-)

K den
[Reply]
Mecca 12:09 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
One thing that cant be discounted is the NFL is a business....they stand to lose an ungodly amount if Mahomes isn't in the SB.

Sorry, but Tannehill isn't going to inspire non-football people to tune in...or foreign markets. The Titans, as a whole, are kind of like a pair of tan Dockers....just bland and nondescript.

People want offense...

We saw this happen when Bortles was about to beat Brady...tthe refs gifted them 60 yards of penalties right before half....then whistled a fumble/TD dead.

Is what it is...but there is a ton on money at stake. NFL is trying to build it's brand post Brady/Brees/Roethlisberger/Manning/Luck.
I do believe some of that......it's why no matter what I keep seeing I have this strange feeling it's a KC/GB bowl, that one has the most storyline and best sells to casuals to make money.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:09 PM 01-14-2020
Rodgers v. Mahomes could break some records.

So here's my problem - a good friend of ours is a lifelong Packers fan. His girlfriend is a packers fan because she's spent 18 months taking dick from a Packers fan. She's otherwise an annoying pain in the ass.

Do we have to invite these fucking people to a SB party if it's GB/KC?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:10 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
What Super Bowl matchup sounds like a bigger ratings generator?

Rodgers vs Mahomes
Rodgers vs Tannehill
Garrapolo vs Mahomes
Garrapolo vs Tannehill
Really surprised the NFL let Brady and Brees lose in the Wildcard round. The ratings they lost :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 12:11 PM 01-14-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Rodgers v. Mahomes could break some records.

So here's my problem - a good friend of ours is a lifelong Packers fan. His girlfriend is a packers fan because she's spent 18 months taking dick from a Packers fan. She's otherwise an annoying pain in the ass.

Do we have to invite these fucking people to a SB party if it's GB/KC?
That could end very poorly...
[Reply]
Page 40 of 144
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up