ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 169 of 301
« First < 69119159165166167168169 170171172173179219269 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
cabletech94 09:04 PM 07-16-2019
back to back outstanding pitching campaigns.

is this just a fluke, or do we have something to hang on right now?

will admit, i was really into this game. hope mondi is okay......
[Reply]
Dartgod 09:13 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
back to back outstanding pitching campaigns.

is this just a fluke, or do we have something to hang on right now?

will admit, i was really into this game. hope mondi is okay......
Who knows what would have happened if Bailey had not been traded. It could have been back to back to back to back with Keller's outing on Saturday.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:16 PM 07-16-2019
MRI tomorrow for Mondesi. Nothing else said by the Royals.
[Reply]
cabletech94 09:30 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Who knows what would have happened if Bailey had not been traded. It could have been back to back to back to back with Keller's outing on Saturday.
damn it!! i forgot all about kellers awesome start. where were these guys all year. really gets your hopes up (again).
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:31 PM 07-16-2019

Hunter Dozier said afterward that Adalberto Mondesi thought his left shoulder was dislocated.

— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) July 17, 2019

[Reply]
SAUTO 09:33 PM 07-16-2019
Damn. Would that be a season ender?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:41 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
Looks like Sparkman might go back out for the 9th.

As far as I can tell, the last Royals pitcher to throw a CG shutout is Jason Vargas on June 2, 2017.

The last one before that was thrown by Johnny Cueto.
Did Sparkman have an injury riddled minor league career? Doesn't have too many seasons where he had many innings pitched, but he had some pretty good overall milb stats. Maybe could be a late bloomer as a candidate for a back end starter.
[Reply]
tk13 09:51 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Did Sparkman have an injury riddled minor league career? Doesn't have too many seasons where he had many innings pitched, but he had some pretty good overall milb stats. Maybe could be a late bloomer as a candidate for a back end starter.
I believe he's had Tommy John already but I don't think he's someone who has been completely derailed by injuries. duncan could probably answer this in 5 seconds.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 10:49 PM 07-16-2019
Nice win over the cocky ass shit sox.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 10:57 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Damn. Would that be a season ender?
Very well could be if he tore his labrum.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:06 AM 07-17-2019

Direct message me. I’ll tell ya how to get him to fly out

— Richard Lovelady (@RichardLovelad1) July 13, 2019

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:23 AM 07-17-2019
That would save the Moose deal, since Lopez is so shitty. He has a great arm tho so was worth a shot.

Bret Phillips by the way is one of the 5 best defensive players I’ve ever seen in a Royals uniform. High praise no doubt, but he’s a god out there
[Reply]
Mecca 07:25 AM 07-17-2019
So interesting question, seeing as a bunch of the division is in rebuild....should the Royals be concerned about how highly thought of some of these other teams farm systems are?

Even though we are smacking the White Sox around at the moment if you buy into having a bunch of top thought of prospects will equal being a winner at some point...

I guess overall what I'm saying is looking at some of these other teams systems I have concern that the Royals are lagging behind because we really don't compare very well to the White Sox system or really the Tigers either at the moment.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:48 AM 07-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So interesting question, seeing as a bunch of the division is in rebuild....should the Royals be concerned about how highly thought of some of these other teams farm systems are?

Even though we are smacking the White Sox around at the moment if you buy into having a bunch of top thought of prospects will equal being a winner at some point...

I guess overall what I'm saying is looking at some of these other teams systems I have concern that the Royals are lagging behind because we really don't compare very well to the White Sox system or really the Tigers either at the moment.
IMO, the flaw is in how they construct the major league roster, eventually. The White Sox current crop of players were supposed to be a turn-around crop - launching the franchise back to contention. They have several excellent hitters, but so many of them are knuckleheads, defensively, that they end up creating too many holes to compete. Moncada has to be extremely frustrating to watch in the field, given his talent. In short, throwing a bunch of touted prospects up to the bigs and expecting everything to just work, just because of talent and what they did against other minor league teams...well...that's just a bad org approach to winning at the highest level.

This is why I could care less about farm rankings (mostly...they do matter...just not as much as some think). They only matter if the MLB front office knows what to do with the prospects. IMO, this is where Dayton earns his money. Whatever you think of him as an evaluater or what you think of how he's built his development team, he seems to understand how you need to build a roster to compete at the MLB level when the time comes (A Braves trait he picked up?).

I have zero faith in the Sox ability to compete, no matter how many prospects they keep graduating. Some executives can compete via mostly leveraging their minor leagues...others can do so via mostly assembling the right FA pieces. You can win either way. But if you're going to try to win via your farm system, you have to have the right decision-makers that know how to make that happen.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:57 AM 07-17-2019
Well usually, if you have a bunch of top 100 guys, you'll make the playoffs.

It's also not like we're seeing a ton of their guys, they have Moncada, Jimenez and Anderson up and that's about it....Cease just came up but their system is very talented. I mean the Twins and Tigers systems are good too...

But if you buy into system rankings the Padres are basically a world series team in a few years.

I also just read something stupid ridiculous...somehow the Astros have managed to keep a good farm system through all their winning...they want to trade for Syndergaard with what they do with pitchers that would basically make them scary as fuck.
[Reply]
Page 169 of 301
« First < 69119159165166167168169 170171172173179219269 > Last »
Up