ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 29
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CB Breeland signing with the Chiefs
The Franchise 10:06 AM 03-18-2019

Former Packers CB Bashaud Breeland is signing with the Chiefs, a source told ESPN

— Rob Demovsky (@RobDemovsky) March 18, 2019

[Reply]
bowener 02:01 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol you’re way off here. Nothing has been confirmed, but it doesn’t look good.
I'm not being a dick, but can you please post a link to the news saying it doesn't look good? I haven't seen any and I'd like to read about it.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 02:02 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
I'm not being a dick, but can you please post a link to the news saying it doesn't look good? I haven't seen any and I'd like to read about it.
There is a whole fucking thread dedicated to it....
[Reply]
Supmarkus 02:05 PM 03-18-2019
Literally the last thing I expected to see when I got home today. THE MEGATHREAD PROVIDES.
[Reply]
Otter 02:05 PM 03-18-2019
Solid stats. A little low on on the INTs and a 1 year 'prove it' deal for a contender. I like this deal.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 02:06 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
There is a whole fucking thread dedicated to it....
To be fair, that thread has amost 3000 posts and is a complete shitshow.

Personally, I’d say that the potential outcome of the investigation isn’t leaning in either direction right now, based on the facts provided - we’re still in limbo.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:20 PM 03-18-2019
This defense is going to look so different, which was a needed change; but I can’t say I’m happy with the fact that we’ve basically let go of pretty much anyone who had potential to be a difference maker aside from Chris Jones and are keeping dogshit players like Sorenson and Ragland.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:22 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This defense is going to look so different, which was a needed change; but I can’t say I’m happy with the fact that we’ve basically let go of pretty much anyone who had potential to be a difference maker aside from Chris Jones and are keeping dogshit players like Sorenson and Ragland.
Who did we get rid of?

Ford? That's the one question mark. He could be great....he could be fluky for the rest of his career. They didn't see a fit and he wasn't worth $90 million.

Houston? He wasn't worth $21 million and he refused a pay cut. Gone. His market has been cold since we released him. Haven't seen a visit scheduled yet.

Berry? Please. His body is done and he probably doesn't end up on a team this season.
[Reply]
Iconic 02:22 PM 03-18-2019
Breeland has played 2,281 coverage snaps and marked 43 pass break ups.
That's 1.9% of the time.

Nelson has played 1,745 coverage snaps and marked 22 pass break ups.
That's 1.26% of the time.

He also has 10 INTs to Nelsons 4.

Both the tape and stats display a guy who's more aggressive in coverage. We won't have the same issue with Nelson where Breeland is stuck to his WR and just can't get his head turned around. He plays the ball not the WR.

The only issue I'm seeing just having watched him for a bit is he has bad recovery speed. Once he's beat, it's likely he's toast.

Either way for 5M I love this signing. Veach definitely is starting to win in Free Agency for me.
[Reply]
shammus 02:32 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:

Either way for 5M I love this signing. Veach definitely is starting to win in Free Agency for me.
And, it's an incentive-laden contract that's worth UP TO 5M. Haven't heard what those incentives actually are though....

Love the contract....Hope we can add a few more like this.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:34 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
It fucking happened!!!!!!!

I’m gonna rip my own dick off!!!
Love the dedication! Those idiots who say it's just a game have NO IDEA!!
[Reply]
Warrick 02:34 PM 03-18-2019
Packers fan disappointed that Breeland won't be back.

https://youtu.be/Y-DckNFFyZw
[Reply]
loochy 02:39 PM 03-18-2019
The only issue I'm seeing just having watched him for a bit is he has bad recovery speed. Once he's beat, it's likely he's toast.
Well maybe if we get a FS worth a damn he can help with that.
[Reply]
Iconic 02:43 PM 03-18-2019

Bashaud Breeland vs Steven Nelson Stat Breakdown (been requested by several, 2018 stats)

Picture 1 is Breeland, Picture 2 is Nelson pic.twitter.com/p7OTUzlN9b

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) March 18, 2019

Mind you Breeland played way less snaps in a whole new system. Pretty good that he's somehow still comparable to Nelson. That passer rating against is extremely interesting.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:50 PM 03-18-2019

Mind you Breeland played way less snaps in a whole new system. Pretty good that he's somehow still comparable to Nelson. That passer rating against is extremely interesting.
So outside of one stat, Breeland is worse than Nelson.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:57 PM 03-18-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Who did we get rid of?

Ford? That's the one question mark. He could be great....he could be fluky for the rest of his career. They didn't see a fit and he wasn't worth $90 million.

Houston? He wasn't worth $21 million and he refused a pay cut. Gone. His market has been cold since we released him. Haven't seen a visit scheduled yet.

Berry? Please. His body is done and he probably doesn't end up on a team this season.
Green thumb
[Reply]
Page 16 of 29
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up