ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Media Center>Megadeth > Metallica
htismaqe 05:58 PM 09-29-2020
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
If I’m being honest, Countdown turned me off so much that I kind of put them on the backburner. Then Marty left a few albums later and I just never went back. Rust in Peace still gets a lot of play though.
If Countdown turned you off, you wouldn't like Risk. :-)

That being said, Endgame and Dystopia are amazing.
[Reply]
Third Eye 07:20 PM 09-29-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If Countdown turned you off, you wouldn't like Risk. :-)

That being said, Endgame and Dystopia are amazing.
I’m probably not being fair to Countdown. I think more than anything I was turned off by the simplicity of Symphony of Destruction and I absolutely hate, HATE, that “Hello me, it’s me again” song for which I can’t remember the name. I’ll check out the two you mentioned.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:50 PM 09-29-2020
I absolutely hate, HATE, that “Hello me, it’s me again” song for which I can’t remember the name.
Sweating bullets
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:19 PM 09-30-2020
I’m probably not being fair to Countdown. I think more than anything I was turned off by the simplicity of Symphony of Destruction and I absolutely hate, HATE, that “Hello me, it’s me again” song for which I can’t remember the name. I’ll check out the two you mentioned.
Holy shit, I was going to post the same thing but didn't want to get blasted.

Completely turns me off to anything Megadeth I hate it that much.
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:32 PM 09-29-2020
though I believe it was what they used to refer to as an 'EP.'
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:53 PM 09-29-2020
Jethro Tull is my favorite metal artist.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:35 PM 09-30-2020
Sweating Bullets is iconic. You guys are silly.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:37 PM 09-30-2020
That entire album, at least for me, is freaking amazing. The production is flawless and everyone's playing at the top of their game.

Rust In Peace was a really great album but it just sounds too mushy for my ears. I greatly prefer the "tightness" of Countdown.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:38 PM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
That entire album, at least for me, is freaking amazing. The production is flawless and everyone's playing at the top of their game.

Rust In Peace was a really great album but it just sounds too mushy for my ears. I greatly prefer the "tightness" of Countdown.
Countdown is GREAT.

"Skin Of My Teeth", "Foreclosure of a Dream", "Symphony of Destruction", and my personal favorite "High Speed Dirt".
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:44 PM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Countdown is GREAT.

"Skin Of My Teeth", "Foreclosure of a Dream", "Symphony of Destruction", and my personal favorite "High Speed Dirt".
High Speed Dirt is one of my favorites as well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:40 PM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Countdown is GREAT.

I had just moved to northern California in the summer of 1993 with my bass player and drummer when I first got into that album. My best friend, bassist and roommate used to pull dopey scams all the time, including making up fake names for Columbia House Record Club and BMG Record Club.

I thought he was just joking but sure enough, 10 CD's arrived a few weeks after we rented our apartment and since we worked at the Berkeley Guitar Center, which was about 25 minutes from our pad, we listened to those CD's everyday.

Countdown To Extinction became a mainstay and we probably listened to it every day that summer on the commute, so not only do I have fond memories of being broke and making the best out of a bad situation (long story short, I was writing with a singer that had been previously signed and was a Bay area "Legend", so I moved up there at the behest of Vicki Hamilton of Geffen Records, only to have the singer bail after 2 months, forcing me to move back to LA), it is still an amazing album to boot.

While it's a bit "thin" sounding for my taste, Max Norman made it work perfectly and Marty's guitars are outright awesome.

Footnote: One of the other CD's he got with that scam was Bleach by Nirvana. We put that CD on and immediately looked at each other like "What the FUCK?!!!".

IMO, Butch Vig will never receive enough credit for making Nirvana appealing to the masses.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 12:39 AM 10-02-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
IMO, Butch Vig will never receive enough credit for making Nirvana appealing to the masses.
I also think Andy Wallace's mix was a big help for that album.

Apparently the band hated the mix because the drums were too "clean". (he replaced the bass an snare sounds with his signature sounds)

Compare Butch's initial mix to Andy's and anyone can see how Wallace helped make them more appealing, not to mention the countless other successes he had with other bands in that era.

But yes, Nirvana probably wouldn't have been anything at all without Butch and Kurt Cobain may still be alive because Courtney would've stayed with Billy Corgan and wouldn't have had Kurt shot in the face.
[Reply]
morphius 11:27 AM 01-25-2021
That used to be my go to album for first person shooters, lol

I must think it was that it got so much playtime on MTV that people hate it.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:28 PM 09-30-2020
I like Youthanasia a lot too. Sort of a brother to countdown.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:40 PM 09-30-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I like Youthanasia a lot too. Sort of a brother to countdown.
Yep.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 19
« First < 51112131415 16171819 >
Up