ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 45 of 72
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Most Teams ‘Not Interested’ in Chiefs’ Eric Bieniemy
Mephistopheles Janx 02:37 AM 12-30-2020
https://heavy.com/sports/kansas-city...5-o3CPAb3Zxeek

Originally Posted by :
On a previous episode of the PFN Weekly show, Allbright mentioned that Eric Bieniemy is “a titleholder who relays the play calls in but doesn’t make the play calls very often.”

“Andy Reid’s doing the play calling. Like 99 percent of the time Andy Reid is doing the play calling, he designed the offense, all of that stuff.”

Allbright has also mentioned that Bieniemy’s previous interviews have been poor. These poor interviews have likely caused him to fall out of consideration for certain positions in the past. Allbright mentioned that some teams with vacancies aren’t all that interested in Bieniemy. These historical poor interviews could be a big reason why.

[Reply]
Hoover 12:31 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’m convinced Bieniemy is going to get the Texans job.

1. He’s by far the best candidate for a job nobody really wants. Are they really going to go with Leslie Frazier?

2. He’s the only way the Texans can fix the current mess they’re in and make their franchise QB happy again.

3. I just don’t see them doing all of this only to not hire him. Their QB AND their fans want Bieniemy. Could you imagine the backlash if they don’t?

4. Kafka was a candidate for the Seahawks OC job, which still hasn’t been filled, so why the report that he’s coming back? Wouldn’t that make sense if he knows he’s going to get the OC job here?

5. Watson calling for people not to protest? Maybe he knows Bieniemy is going to get the job and is trying to cool things down?
I agree with this.

I really want to see what EB would do with a QB like Watson. Would be fun to watch.

I also think it was a mistake for the Chargers not to go after Daboll. Its the perfect fit for Herbert, but no, lets go with a Defensive wunderkind.

As a Chiefs fan, I thank them.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:33 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Nick Caserio wasn't a candidate for the GM job, either. Just saying.
How? He was the top candidate a year ago. I know the search committee didn’t come up with his name, but he was always a candidate based on how bad they wanted him a year ago.

They aren’t going to hire a HC without even interviewing them. Sounds like Daboll and his team have already moved on to next year too.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:43 PM 01-19-2021

I been trying to have some patience, I told my momma she should pray on it. pic.twitter.com/mhXSspBUj6

— Deshaun Watson (@deshaunwatson) January 19, 2021

[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:47 PM 01-19-2021
I’m convinced Bieniemy is going to get the Texans job.

1. He’s by far the best candidate for a job nobody really wants. Are they really going to go with Leslie Frazier?

2. He’s the only way the Texans can fix the current mess they’re in and make their franchise QB happy again.

3. I just don’t see them doing all of this only to not hire him. Their QB AND their fans want Bieniemy. Could you imagine the backlash if they don’t?

4. Kafka was a candidate for the Seahawks OC job, which still hasn’t been filled, so why the report that he’s coming back? Wouldn’t that make sense if he knows he’s going to get the OC job here?

5. Watson calling for people not to protest? Maybe he knows Bieniemy is going to get the job and is trying to cool things down?
I agree with this....buuutttttt.....it’s entirely possible that you’re giving the Texans too much credit. I don’t doubt that they’re very capable of fucking this up.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 12:48 PM 01-19-2021
I been :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:10 PM 01-19-2021
How? He was the top candidate a year ago. I know the search committee didn’t come up with his name, but he was always a candidate based on how bad they wanted him a year ago.

They aren’t going to hire a HC without even interviewing them. Sounds like Daboll and his team have already moved on to next year too.
McNair had the search committee compile a list of candidates. Nick Caserio wasn't on that list.

McNair hired him out of left field. He wasn't ever an official candidate.

And at this point, it may not be Daboll but they're going to hire some stooge that they can control.

If it's EB, he'll go the way of Gunther Cunningham. No self respect.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:14 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
McNair had the search committee compile a list of candidates. Nick Caserio wasn't on that list.

McNair hired him out of left field. He wasn't ever an official candidate.

And at this point, it may not be Daboll but they're going to hire some stooge that they can control.

If it's EB, he'll go the way of Gunther Cunningham. No self respect.
I wouldn’t really call hiring the guy that was their top candidate last year “out of left field”.

Again, they haven’t even interviewed anybody like that and it’s very late in the game.

It’s basically down to EB and Frazier.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 01:14 PM 01-19-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Maybe teams just don’t want to give up the comp picks for EB?

They might like him, but not like him quite that much to give up picks.

So that policy is having a reverse effect?
My understanding is that the team hiring does not give up the picks, they are additional picks inserted into the draft at the end of third round, similar to comp picks for free agents.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:24 PM 01-19-2021
I wouldn’t really call hiring the guy that was their top candidate last year “out of left field”.

Again, they haven’t even interviewed anybody like that and it’s very late in the game.

AND ROMEO
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:24 PM 01-19-2021
Surprised Josh McDaniels name hasn’t popped up lately?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:26 PM 01-19-2021
He’s expected to take the Eagles job.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:26 PM 01-19-2021

That's the thing though. The search comittee never vetted Caserio. The team never officially interviewed him.

Sure, they were interested last year but this time around, McNair acted like it was just a foregone conclusion that they were going that way regardless.

I wouldn't be surprised if they hire a HC nobody even expects at this point - again, unless they're doing everything they can to appease Watson, which is possible. I mean there's only so much stupid arrogance one can get away with, right?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:27 PM 01-19-2021
He’s going to the Eagles
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:28 PM 01-19-2021
:-)

They're going from SB rings to garbage in 5 years.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:29 PM 01-19-2021
And they’re going to give him roster control, I believe. Some teams never fucking learn.
[Reply]
Page 45 of 72
« First < 354142434445 4647484955 > Last »
Up