ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 211
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
kcpasco 01:12 PM 03-31-2019
And there it is. Live and die with the homerun ball all season it seems.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:34 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yelich wasn’t going to be traded at the time. Miami was going to keep him long term. This is revisionist history. Also they gave up a shit ton for him. 2 top prospects in baseball. Flaeherty and Reyes to start for sure as part of any deal. We gave up spare parts for Ozuna.
That's the shit that Goold keeps trying to sell, yes.

There's absolutely nothing that supports it. This is the same Goold that will begrudgingly confess to facts known to him after they become publicly revealed even if he has argued against these things in the past in protecting the Cardinal brand.

According to many folks, the Marlins got less for Yelich than we gave for Ozuna. I don't really agree because I don't have much faith in Alcantara and the rest of that package was rags, but the Brewers didn't give up much for Yelich. Brinson's prospect stock had started to fall pretty precipitously after his brief MLB spell when he appeared to be all tools and no approach. Suddenly he looked like a guy that had a looooong learning curve still in front of him.

Harrison and Diaz were essentially fungible; guys like Mercado, Arozarena and Adolis Garcia.

As soon as the Marlins decided to deal Ozuna, the fire-sale was on. And evidently the Marlins had several suitors for Ozuna so the Cardinals could've easily pivoted to Yelich if they wanted to.

There's no way to review the record there and conclude that Yelich wasn't available. Goold is running cover for his bread and butter again and if anyone else ever reports otherwise and it becomes publicly accepted, we'll hear Goold do the same thing he always does and sheepishly acknowledge some sources he's been sitting on in a chat.

But as I said at the time, the problem wasn't that they just got Ozuna, the problem was the same as it always is with Mozeliak - he stopped one step short of going far enough. I wanted a deal built around Reyes+ to get Ozuna AND Yelich because those guys are perfectly complementary players. Then when Ozuna had fallen on his face last off-season you could've just non-tendered or traded him and still put together the package to get Goldschmidt. Now you have the 1-2 punch of moves that we keep needing to make.

Instead we're still dragging what Ozuna's 'supposed to be' around and we're still a move short of being truly dynamic, even after the Goldy deal.
[Reply]
O.city 01:38 PM 03-31-2019
Maybe a surprise team will suck and decide to firesale is a star center fielder
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:47 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Maybe a surprise team will suck and decide to firesale is a star center fielder
Trout's under team control for a bit.

I'm sure Mozeliak will make a 'competitive offer'.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:48 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I ain’t buying anything the STL today writers are selling. They have proven to sit on information that fans want to know so they can keep their access.
What’s the point? We don’t need you to get a comment about a performance after the game. They need to tell us the big stuff, but they don’t. When they do tell us something I’m sure it’s legitimate information but it was fed to them as propaganda or to get a narrative out. They won’t get in trouble for that, no, they get rewarded for putting out that one sided BS.

I only trust info from national writers. Rosenthal etc. and Saxon on the Athletic seems to be on point in most of his columns.
[Reply]
kcpasco 02:28 PM 03-31-2019
What a crappy trade Ozuna has been.
[Reply]
O.city 03:07 PM 03-31-2019
Woof
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:07 PM 03-31-2019
What do you know. Overpriced reliever gets his shit kicked in and then human gas can Hicks can’t get an out in the 9th.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:09 PM 03-31-2019
Well, I guess it's my fault. Just like last year, every time I turn the fucking game on they immediately shit their pants. Up 4-1 in the top of the 7th. I promptly see the last out of that inning, and then the bottom of the 7th.

The answer seems to be not watching. Which really isn't that hard. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:27 PM 03-31-2019
Woof
bases empty you cant throw it down the middle belt high with an 0-2 count. Or throw it belt high down the middle to the hottest hitter on the planet and expect it to end well.
[Reply]
kcpasco 03:34 PM 03-31-2019
Looks like the same team as the last few years. Only score with homeruns, a billion strikeouts and the bullpen blowing games. Fun times.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 04:03 PM 03-31-2019
Still think they should have traded Hicks.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:24 PM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

There's absolutely nothing that supports it. This is the same Goold that will begrudgingly confess to facts known to him after they become publicly revealed even if he has argued against these things in the past in protecting the Cardinal brand.

According to many folks, the Marlins got less for Yelich than we gave for Ozuna. I don't really agree because I don't have much faith in Alcantara and the rest of that package was rags, but the Brewers didn't give up much for Yelich. Brinson's prospect stock had started to fall pretty precipitously after his brief MLB spell when he appeared to be all tools and no approach. Suddenly he looked like a guy that had a looooong learning curve still in front of him.

Harrison and Diaz were essentially fungible; guys like Mercado, Arozarena and Adolis Garcia.

As soon as the Marlins decided to deal Ozuna, the fire-sale was on. And evidently the Marlins had several suitors for Ozuna so the Cardinals could've easily pivoted to Yelich if they wanted to.

There's no way to review the record there and conclude that Yelich wasn't available. Goold is running cover for his bread and butter again and if anyone else ever reports otherwise and it becomes publicly accepted, we'll hear Goold do the same thing he always does and sheepishly acknowledge some sources he's been sitting on in a chat.

But as I said at the time, the problem wasn't that they just got Ozuna, the problem was the same as it always is with Mozeliak - he stopped one step short of going far enough. I wanted a deal built around Reyes+ to get Ozuna AND Yelich because those guys are perfectly complementary players. Then when Ozuna had fallen on his face last off-season you could've just non-tendered or traded him and still put together the package to get Goldschmidt. Now you have the 1-2 punch of moves that we keep needing to make.

Instead we're still dragging what Ozuna's 'supposed to be' around and we're still a move short of being truly dynamic, even after the Goldy deal.

Yeah, I place no faith in that argument from pro-Mozeliak people.

Yelich was available for the right offer. The Cardinals could have gotten him by selling high on Weaver and including the rest of that package.

Mozeliak is like the project manager who only projects the bare minimum needed. He never builds in the buffer needed to ensure success and account for normal roadblocks and regression.
[Reply]
O.city 11:37 AM 04-01-2019
Waino off to a great start.

Good lord what a great idea that was.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:47 AM 04-01-2019
Waino off to a great start.

Good lord what a great idea that was.
From what I've seen/heard so far, all I can say is thank God for Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 211
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up