Coming in December.

Whoopee Goldberg? Why?
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:13 PM 10-09-2020

[Reply]
Frazod 02:15 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Whoopee Goldberg? Why?
I get you, but she's perfect for that part.
[Reply]
vailpass 07:13 PM 10-09-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I get you, but she's perfect for that part.
I’d rather it was Morgan Freeman.

Honestly though, every time I read the book I saw Mother Abigail as much older, frailer, wiser, than Guinan.
[Reply]
unlurking 08:09 PM 10-09-2020
It's been 25 years since Star Trek TNG, she's aged a bit. lol

For some reason that trailer just looks meh. I was intrigued by the teaser, but something about the trailer just feels off. I'll still watch though.

EDIT:
Oh, wait. All Access only? Nah, I'll wait until it hits CBS reruns.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:15 AM 10-12-2020
Interesting. The Stand is my favorite King book.

I'll watch it at some point.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 12:59 PM 10-12-2020
I've been anxiously awaiting this - since the last 4 part miniseries. It was, at best, all right..

Hoping this rendition will be much better........
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 01:14 PM 10-12-2020
The last time I read it was probably late 80's\Early 90's. I remember the TV miniseries...it was OK I guess.

I hate Whoopie Goldberg. Cicily Tyson fits the idea of Mother Abigail better in my mind. Plus I hate Whoopie Goldberg. Though I did enjoy Sister Act...

The long trailer didn't excite me, but it might be worth a watch. Wife won't, she hates Stephen King type stuff, so I'll probably never see it anyway.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 10:40 PM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
The last time I read it was probably late 80's\Early 90's. I remember the TV miniseries...it was OK I guess.

I hate Whoopie Goldberg. Cicily Tyson fits the idea of Mother Abigail better in my mind. Plus I hate Whoopie Goldberg. Though I did enjoy Sister Act...

The long trailer didn't excite me, but it might be worth a watch. Wife won't, she hates Stephen King type stuff, so I'll probably never see it anyway.

I was siting in my office one day and noticed that one of my agents had left a copy of the Stand in the Office. This was either '77 or '78 (been so damned long I don't recall).

Anyway, I happened to pick it up and began doing a quick read of the 1st chapter. For the next 7-8 days I shirked my leadership duties (:-)) and kept my head buried in the damned book. I was hooked - as one might guess from my "Name De Plume" here.... :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:08 PM 11-16-2020

[Reply]
Lex Luthor 07:25 AM 11-20-2020
I loved the book. I've read it three times over the years. It's my favorite Stephen King book and it ranks right up there as one of my favorite books by any author.

I liked several things about the 1994 mini-series. I thought Gary Sinise was great as Stu Redman, and Laura San Giacomo was PERFECT as Nadine. I wasn't crazy about Molly Ringwald as Annie, but I could live with that.

The guy who played Harold Lauder was so horrifically bad that it almost ruined the whole thing for me. You don't take a guy who looks like he weighs 100 lbs. dripping wet and cast him as an overweight psycho. Harold Lauder was the most interesting character in the book, and he was totally boring and unconvincing in the mini-series.

I hope CBS does better.
[Reply]
unlurking 07:53 AM 11-20-2020
Agreed. Giacomo is super underrated in my book. I always liked Sinise as an "everyman" actor and also thought he was well cast. Lauder was atrocious and did ruin many scenes. Giacomo was the only reason not to fast forward their story line. Frewer was up and down for me. Like him as an actor, but just didn't feel right as Trash. May have been directing though. Felt the same way about Flagg.
[Reply]
vailpass 03:09 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I loved the book. I've read it three times over the years. It's my favorite Stephen King book and it ranks right up there as one of my favorite books by any author.

I liked several things about the 1994 mini-series. I thought Gary Sinise was great as Stu Redman, and Laura San Giacomo was PERFECT as Nadine. I wasn't crazy about Molly Ringwald as Annie, but I could live with that.

The guy who played Harold Lauder was so horrifically bad that it almost ruined the whole thing for me. You don't take a guy who looks like he weighs 100 lbs. dripping wet and cast him as an overweight psycho. Harold Lauder was the most interesting character in the book, and he was totally boring and unconvincing in the mini-series.

I hope CBS does better.
It's one of my favorites also. I like the uncut edition best. More detail, more story, more Trash Can Man, and you get The Kid. How ya' like that happy crappy?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 03:40 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:

The guy who played Harold Lauder was so horrifically bad that it almost ruined the whole thing for me.
Corin Nemec. He was hot at the time from the tv show ‘Parker Lewis Cant Lose’
[Reply]
Page 1 of 5
1 2345 >
Up