ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1649 of 3903
« First < 649114915491599163916451646164716481649 165016511652165316591699174921492649 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaFace 10:01 AM 04-26-2020
I suppose I should clarify that I haven't truly deleted my Facebook account. I just deleted the app from my phone and deleted my bookmark to it, so the only way I can access it is going to the URL bar and typing it in.

I still check in every couple of weeks because my extended family tends to plan stuff on there. But getting it out of my daily life has been a 100% improvement.
[Reply]
O.city 10:01 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I agree. Just wish there was some way around it.

I think it became this way because of the botched handling of the situation in the beginning, which many laid directly at the feet of the current administration. While it's true at some level, most of the issues we're dealing with are just because we, as a country, haven't ever had something like this happen and were caught flat footed. That spans multiple administrations. And regardless, we're in it now - just get on with figuring out how to move forward.

But after that started all the way back in February, people divided into camps like they always do, and discussion has suffered ever since. It's infuriating.
I hate the bullshit. Media and people who were saying it wasn’t a big deal same as the administration now get to flip and condemn people for saying it wasn’t a big deal. Fuck that.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:03 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Fact check it.

By paying an additional 20% on top of traditional Medicare rates for COVID-19 patients during the public health emergency, and by reimbursing hospitals for treating the uninsured patients with the disease (at that enhanced Medicare rate).

Both of those provisions stem from the*Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, or CARES Act.
So you think hospitals are lying about the cause of deaths for money? Seems a little far fetched..

I'm sure it has happened but probably on such a small scale it is not making a huge difference in the number of deaths due to this virus that are being reported.
[Reply]
O.city 10:06 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
I have to admit, I laughed a little bit after making my comment then realizing I have 64,000 posts on here!

:-)
https://media2.giphy.com/media/9t6xp...&rid=giphy.gif
[Reply]
Bowser 10:08 AM 04-26-2020
Birx suggests we'll be social distancing throughout the summer

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bi...cid=spartanntp
[Reply]
Bowser 10:09 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
So you think hospitals are lying about the cause of deaths for money? Seems a little far fetched..

I'm sure it has happened but probably on such a small scale it is not making a huge difference in the number of deaths due to this virus that are being reported.
Those two California doctors brought it up in their presser how they and their colleagues have been pressured by their respective boards to add COVID as a cause of death to deceased patients. It's a thing, and it's a problem.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:11 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Birx suggests we'll be social distancing throughout the summer

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/bi...cid=spartanntp
Unfortunately, I think we definitely will to some extent at least until a vaccine comes out.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:11 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Those two California doctors brought it up in their presser how they and their colleagues have been pressured by their respective boards to add COVID as a cause of death to deceased patients. It's a thing, and it's a problem.
It's true, but there are also plenty of deaths that likely ARE COVID that haven't been categorized as such due to a lack of testing.

As is usually the case, the right answer is likely somewhere in between "everyone who dies of similar symptoms is COVID" and "anyone who dies but hasn't been tested isn't COVID".
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:14 AM 04-26-2020

I imagine they are classified as probable deaths due to covid
[Reply]
Bowser 10:25 AM 04-26-2020
Unfortunately, I think we definitely will to some extent at least until a vaccine comes out.
And that's an issue, but there has yet to be any sort of vaccine for any of the COVID strains to date (I'm relatively sure that's accurate but will defer if it's not). What are we supposed to do, sit in self isolation until they figure out a treatment that has eluded them so far? It's just not feasible as of right now.

Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's true, but there are also plenty of deaths that likely ARE COVID that haven't been categorized as such due to a lack of testing.

As is usually the case, the right answer is likely somewhere in between "everyone who dies of similar symptoms is COVID" and "anyone who dies but hasn't been tested isn't COVID".
Right. And to bring it kind of full circle, it becomes political when the answer is solidly in some grey area. It's frustrating, and the people we rely on for hope and answers are giving us precisely none.
[Reply]
notorious 10:26 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
https://media2.giphy.com/media/9t6xp...&rid=giphy.gif
Time well spent.

Where else can people like us go and relate to others with our 12" manhood and supermodel wives?
[Reply]
petegz28 10:28 AM 04-26-2020
I imagine they are classified as probable deaths due to covid
Right now if they are even suspected of having Covid the cause of death is being listed as Covid for both medical and financial reasons.
[Reply]
Fish 10:29 AM 04-26-2020
Fact check it.

By paying an additional 20% on top of traditional Medicare rates for COVID-19 patients during the public health emergency, and by reimbursing hospitals for treating the uninsured patients with the disease (at that enhanced Medicare rate).

Both of those provisions stem from the*Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act, or CARES Act.
Do you understand that a patient on ventilator costs the hospital more than a patient who doesn't need one? Why would you expect anything different? I mean, a hospital is also going to get more insurance money treating a cancer patient as opposed to treating a broken arm. Different conditions cost the hospital different amounts. That's how it works.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:41 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
Do you understand that a patient on ventilator costs the hospital more than a patient who doesn't need one? Why would you expect anything different? I mean, a hospital is also going to get more insurance money treating a cancer patient as opposed to treating a broken arm. Different conditions cost the hospital different amounts. That's how it works.
:-)
What part of this are you disputing?

By paying an additional 20% on top of traditional Medicare rates for COVID-19 patients during the public health emergency,*
[Reply]
Monticore 10:42 AM 04-26-2020
Front line hospital workers in Ontario are getting 4$ extra per hour for the next 16 weeks . I think that should.be going to only specific hospitals or areas , I won’t complain.
[Reply]
Page 1649 of 3903
« First < 649114915491599163916451646164716481649 165016511652165316591699174921492649 > Last »
Up