ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 230 of 237
« First < 130180220226227228229230 231232233234 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official 2016/2017 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread *****
saphojunkie 12:22 PM 04-07-2016
Now with 800% more crapshoot!

Roster:

Spoiler!

SCHEDULE

Spoiler!

Notable dates:

Late Night in the Phog
Oct 1 6:30 PM
Allen Fieldhouse
Students enter at 4:30PM, general public at 5:00 PM

Champions Classic:
Nov 15, 2016 - Madison Square Garden. KU vs. Duke

CBE Hall of Fame Classic:
semis & finals at Sprint Center in KC.
Nov 21 - 22 (early games date & time ).

Armed Forces Classic
Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickham, Hawai`i: Nov. 11 (ESPN)
Indiana vs. Kansas
Arizona vs. Michigan State

BIG 12/SEC CHALLENGE
Kansas vs. Kentucky
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
Jan 28, 2017

Let's go get Lucky 13. And a damn National Championship.
[Reply]
Ceej 12:15 PM 03-30-2017
Odds we land Duvall?

20%?
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:29 PM 03-30-2017
Graham
Svi
Vick
Coleby
Azubuike

That's a significant step down from last year, I'd say. A little more balance towards the big end, and we still have Bragg hanging around if he ever decides to get his shit together. But definitely not as much firepower as last year, and I'm not so sure we're any better defensively. A lot is going to depend on Azubuike, and we're REALLY gonna miss Josh Jackson.

Still, Self has been in this position before. There's no reason why this team can't keep the streak of conference championships going when we've had past KU teams do it with far more question marks coming into the year.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 01:34 PM 03-30-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Graham
Svi
Vick
Coleby
Azubuike

That's a significant step down from last year, I'd say. A little more balance towards the big end, and we still have Bragg hanging around if he ever decides to get his shit together. But definitely not as much firepower as last year, and I'm not so sure we're any better defensively. A lot is going to depend on Azubuike, and we're REALLY gonna miss Josh Jackson.

Still, Self has been in this position before. There's no reason why this team can't keep the streak of conference championships going when we've had past KU teams do it with far more question marks coming into the year.
I expect Newman to be a starter. And hopefully Preston can contribute right away.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:22 PM 03-30-2017
Originally Posted by Ceej:
Odds we land Duvall?

20%?

[Reply]
BWillie 03:33 PM 03-30-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Graham
Svi
Vick
Coleby
Azubuike

I think it's very unlikely both Svi and Graham come back. Maybe only 50% that either come back, with Svi being most likely. Graham has made it known to everybody in the AD that he is gone after this year. Maybe he's changed his mind, who knows.

Newman is going to absolutely get buckets..but not much else. I would imagine he's going to be our leading scorer. If Graham is gonzo and we don't get a grad transfer for PG, it wouldn't be outside of the realm of possibilities that Marcus Garrett ends up being our PG. We NEED Duval or a good grad transfer PG more than anything.

I think the starting line up looks like this assuming Svi and Graham are both gone, as expected.

PG - Insert Grad Transfer - I don't expect to get Duval
SG - Malik Newman, 17ppg, 3rpg, 2apg
SF - LeGerald Vick, 12ppg
PF - Carlton Bragg, 9ppg
C - Udoka Azubuike, 10ppg, 8rpg, 3bpg
----------
PG - Marcus Garrett 5ppg, 4apg
SG - Sam Cunliffe 8ppg
SF/PF - Mitch Lightfoot 4ppg
SF/PF - Billy Preston 9ppg
PF - Dwight Coleby
[Reply]
Pants 05:04 PM 03-30-2017
Malik and Graham may both be gone. Hopefully Svi stays.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:07 PM 03-30-2017
Is Svi going to get any looks?

He seems to me to be a guy that needs to stay in. He doesn't have the elite athleticism that will get a guy drafted.
[Reply]
Pants 05:10 PM 03-30-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

He seems to me to be a guy that needs to stay in. He doesn't have the elite athleticism that will get a guy drafted.
He may just based on his very young age. But I'm with you.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:39 PM 03-30-2017
Hard to imagine a KU team starting Vick-Cunliffe-Preston-Bragg-Az. Would be a bubble NCAAT team
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:54 PM 03-30-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

Not in the NBA. Same goes for Devonte Graham. Doesn't make sense for either to go.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:42 PM 03-30-2017
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Not in the NBA. Same goes for Devonte Graham. Doesn't make sense for either to go.
Yeah. We had the discussion on graham when it was posted that he was out. If you're good euroball can compile a lot of money.

And I don't doubt it about Graham. When Self addressed the seniors he specifically said to Graham and Jackson wouldn't it be great to be able to stay through this?

That sucks. I like watching Graham.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:46 PM 03-30-2017
The status of Mr. Appalachian State and Mr. Mississippi will be the first step for determining next year's viability.

After the elite 8 last year we were thinking Self was due for a down year, netting Josh changed that. We'll have to wait and see what happens between now and the summer.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:48 PM 03-30-2017
Originally Posted by teedubya:
Pick the date of KU's 2017 March choke.

Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 is my guess.
HA! Way off, sucka.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:39 PM 03-30-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The status of Mr. Appalachian State and Mr. Mississippi will be the first step for determining next year's viability.

After the elite 8 last year we were thinking Self was due for a down year, netting Josh changed that. We'll have to wait and see what happens between now and the summer.
Hope if Newman goes, Duval comes. If not we will be behind OU and TCU
[Reply]
sedated 07:38 AM 03-31-2017
Originally Posted by Pants:
Malik and Graham may both be gone. Hopefully Svi stays.
How can a guy that wasn't good enough after a year of playing basketball suddenly be good enough after a year of not playing basketball?

Considering NBA teams would look to Self first for input on Newman, I doubt he would give glowing recommendations for a guy that makes a promise and then blots.
[Reply]
Page 230 of 237
« First < 130180220226227228229230 231232233234 > Last »
Up