ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 324
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Why Not? 08:19 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea because Reid is why we lost to the Pats :-)
Not the sole reason but there’s a few slices of “why we lost pie” on Andy’s plate

1. Gives Pats the ball first in a game everyone knew would be a shootout and with him knowing how important it is for the Chiefs to play with a lead.

2. His TO before the half plays right into Belichik and Brady’s strength and sets the tone to be down 14-0

3. No adjustments to get Tyreek the ball

4. Keeps Bob Sutton after 2017 season.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:20 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
The offense certainly didn't help the defense in the first half.

First drive -11 yards and only 2:22 off the clock.
2nd drive 3 and out 1:40 of the clock killed.
3rd drive 7 plays and a punt.

The D was on its heels from the get go but the offense certainly didn't help them get a breather in the first 30 minutes.
Yet we were still in position to win the game. Reid has consistently put up 30+ pts against the Pats. That’s about as much as you can ask for.

There are several reasons why we lost that game, but Reid isn’t one of them.
[Reply]
Sully 08:21 AM 01-25-2019
Some of you talk about moving from a 3-4 to a 4-3 like it’s 10 years ago. We will be in nickel much more often than we will be in “base”.

This isn’t going to be as drastic as you think in that sense. Also, several of our guys will benefit from the move as they’re better fits in a 4-3.
This isn't a terrible point, but...

The NFL runs in cycles.
What did the Patriots just start using the past few weeks to dominate defenses built to defend the spread?
21 and 22 personnel.
If you don't think that is going to catch back on in the next few years, I'd say you were being myopic. It was going to come back around anyway, but the success the Pats had with it in the stretch run I think will amplify and speed up that process.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:24 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Not the sole reason but there’s a few slices of “why we lost pie” on Andy’s plate

1. Gives Pats the ball first in a game everyone knew would be a shootout and with him knowing how important it is for the Chiefs to play with a lead. Taking the opportunity to double dip is a great move with this offense.

2. His TO before the half plays right into Belichik and Brady’s strength and sets the tone to be down 14-0

3. No adjustments to get Tyreek the ball

4. Keeps Bob Sutton after 2017 season.
1. Bullshit. That worked for us all year long. It’s what we do. If we come out and get a stop you aren’t saying this.

2. Yes this was probably his one mistake. I still put that TD on Nelson though.

3. We scored 31 pts in the second half. I’d say his adjustments were fine.

4. This is true but it doesn’t have anything to do with that game. We should’ve won with or without Sutton.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 08:25 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Not this stupid "play with intensity" and "bring an attitude" bullshit.

Reminds me of Gunther fans pimping that bloviating jackass.
Or guys bragging about QBR. Or posters disappearing like Alex Smith during stretch’s of the season. Those folks are squawking the loudest right now.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:28 AM 01-25-2019

Yeah it's a shit hire our hope is this the offense makes top 10 history and the defense is ranked somewhere between 15-20th.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:28 AM 01-25-2019

Yea that’s horseshit what we really need is a great defensive mind like John Pagano

:-)

(Not saying I don’t agree with your general point I just can’t get over Spags being called an “atrocious” hire by the guy that would’ve been happy with John fucking Pagano.)
[Reply]
Rasputin 08:30 AM 01-25-2019
Yet we were still in position to win the game. Reid has consistently put up 30+ pts against the Pats. That’s about as much as you can ask for.

Penalties have been a problem all season and what happens in the biggest moment that can clinch the game for us is neutral zone infraction. Bullshit there has to be some blame on Coach Reid he is the Head Coach if he can't take the blame for any of it then he shouldn't coach.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:33 AM 01-25-2019
I cant believe all the damn pearl clutching going in here. WTF? arguing about a 3-4/4-3 defense. Have you guys been paying attention to the defensive trends in football? Defenses are playing both,sometimes within the same play. Lining up as 3-4 going to a 4-3 on snap etc. QB's like Mahomes/Brady will burn the same defense if you keep throwing it at them.

AND some of you seem to not be aware that we don't need a top 10 defense. Just a middle of the pack defense. Spags can get that done. We need to blitz these great QB's. Thats been Spags MO forever.

AND stop the whaling about YOUR pick would have been better. Reid works with who he's comfortable with. Reid's main job is to coach up Mahomes. He's going to get the MVP in his first year as a starter. Reid is excelling at his most important job. He gets to chose his coaches. Just keep repeating..... we only need a middle of the pack defense.....we only need a middle of the pack defense....
[Reply]
staylor26 08:34 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Penalties have been a problem all season and what happens in the biggest moment that can clinch the game for us is neutral zone infraction. Bullshit there has to be some blame on Coach Reid he is the Head Coach if he can't take the blame for any of it then he shouldn't coach.
So Reid needs to constantly remind his players not to line up offsides? You’re an idiot if you want to blame that on Reid, sorry.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:36 AM 01-25-2019
Yea that’s horseshit what we really need is a great defensive mind like John Pagano

:-)

(Not saying I don’t agree with your general point I just can’t get over Spags being called an “atrocious” hire by the guy that would’ve been happy with John fucking Pagano.)
Spagnuolo has done nothing for almost ten years. I'll take an average DC over that every time
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:36 AM 01-25-2019

The offense coming out completely unprepared is a contributing reason to why they lost the game.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 08:36 AM 01-25-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
The offense certainly didn't help the defense in the first half.

First drive -11 yards and only 2:22 off the clock.
2nd drive 3 and out 1:40 of the clock killed.
3rd drive 7 plays and a punt.

The D was on its heels from the get go but the offense certainly didn't help them get a breather in the first 30 minutes.
Chicken or the egg. I disagree. The defense didn't give the offense enough opportunities because they could not get off the field. TOP was totally in NE's favor. Mahomes had to sit cold on the bench most of the first half. The NE defensive scheme was good, but it was only a matter of time before the Chiefs' offense found its rhythm. And it did. A couple of more opportunities for the offense in the first half and the outcome would have been different. Blame the defense on this loss. Dee Ford gets extra helpings.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:38 AM 01-25-2019
It would be so dope if Spags wore yellow sunglasses and cussed at his players
[Reply]
staylor26 08:39 AM 01-25-2019
Spagnuolo has done nothing for almost ten years. I'll take an average DC over that every time
You’re an idiot. He had a very good defense two years ago. When’s the last time Pagano had one?

John Pagano :-)

Seriously, why the fuck do you get so much respect on this board? You don’t know shit. You’re an arrogant condescending moron.
[Reply]
Page 46 of 324
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Up