[Reply]
Best22 03:25 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Speaks looks raw enough that I think they should start KPass
Yep. But I think Speaks is better at this point than Kpass was
[Reply]
TEX 04:09 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I disagree. Sutton has dealt with some bad breaks. Houston and berry can never stay healthy at the same time.

But the fact is, last year, we saw that you simply can't run nickel dime. And Sutton has not shown he can adjust. I like what Sutton has done for us. But his defense is obsolete. I hope I'm wrong. I'm still stunned Reid didn't fire him considering he has a chance to hire a DC who could become Jim Johnson.
You're not wrong...
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 04:27 PM 08-25-2018
Bob gets a cut on all future game tickets sold at Soldiers Field today. Nice nest egg perhaps
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:35 PM 08-25-2018
Fire Clark while we're at it
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 04:58 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
No shit Nnaddi looks like the real deal the only guy out there that was getting consistent push while most of the front 7 were getting their shit pushed in.
Yes he looks like a legit run defender. Run defense definitely looks better. Overshadowed by how awful the secondary is. The only chance this team has is to get a bunch of pass rush this year, blitz, and pull a decent corner out of the scrap heap. I don't see anyway all 3 happen though. Be lucky if one does.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:05 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Fire Clark while we're at it
:-):-)

:-):-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:25 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Wow...if Amerson and Scandrick are starting in our nickel package, we'll never ever stop anybody on third down. Sorta like our defense all last year.

3rd down is a horror story.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:30 PM 08-25-2018
What’s the argument to keep Sutton? I haven’t really heard a good one...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:30 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
3rd down is a horror story.
"3rd and it doesn't matter" has been a saying for far too long in KC.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:34 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
What’s the argument to keep Sutton? I haven’t really heard a good one...
No good ones...

Just the "we don't have any talent on defense" excuses. Which is complete bullshit.
Justin Houston doesn't just "drop off" in talent. Sutton can't get him in position to succeed.

Sutton is still riding the Marcus Peters ball hawking stats train with some of these dudes.
[Reply]
FAX 06:39 PM 08-25-2018
Actually, I wonder how different this defense would be if Dorsey hadn't waited so long to extend Houston and Berry. By achieving negotiating leverage, both those guys got hella contracts which forced us to either go real young or real cheap at other defensive positions.

FAX THE ACTUALLY WONDERING THIS
[Reply]
smithandrew051 06:40 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
No good ones...

Just the "we don't have any talent on defense" excuses. Which is complete bullshit.
Justin Houston doesn't just "drop off" in talent. Sutton can't get him in position to succeed.

Sutton is still riding the Marcus Peters ball hawking stats train with some of these dudes.
The talent argument is weak. People can make that excuse for any coach ever. The question is: “Is this defense playing at or above their capability?”

I would say the answer is an emphatic “no”. That means it’s either scheme or development. Both are Sutton’s responsibility.
[Reply]
Molitoth 06:42 PM 08-25-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
Actually, I wonder how different this defense would be if Dorsey hadn't waited so long to extend Houston and Berry. By achieving negotiating leverage, both those guys got hella contracts which forced us to either go real young or real cheap at other defensive positions.

FAX THE ACTUALLY WONDERING THIS
When has a KC sports team ever given a big contract to a guy who has really worked out after the fact?

Serious question.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:50 PM 08-25-2018
When has a KC sports team ever given a big contract to a guy who has really worked out after the fact?

Serious question.
Depends by what you mean by work out but...damn...

Cassel...nope
Priest...nope
LJ...nope
Bowe...nope
Houston...nope.
Berry...nope.
Hali...nope.

Trent Green and Tony Gonzalez seem to be the only guys that worked out....maybe Derrick Johnson but he never really broke the bank.

Ironically the guy we SHOULD have paid, Jared Allen, probably had more success than anyone of those guys.

Looks like Kelce will be worth the cash, though.
[Reply]
TEX 06:51 PM 08-25-2018
No good ones...

The main one is simply because Reid wants him here.
[Reply]
Page 66 of 298
« First < 16566263646566 6768697076116166 > Last »
Up