Page 116 of 298
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166216 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:57 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm guessing Veach was all-in on Earl Thomas.

I mean, we know that he had identified Hitchens and Watkins well before they were even available.
Ship has sailed. Move on and work those goddamn phones.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:01 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Ship has sailed. Move on and work those goddamn phones.
That's what I'm saying. I'm guessing Thomas was his target and now that it's not possible, they're just going to stand pat.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:04 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I wouldn't call them good. They might have had good seasons but we know bad football players can have those types of seasons (Cassel).

So explain to me what a new DC is going to do to get Hitchens and Fuller to play better and explain what he can do to make the defense better? Blitz more? Play zone more? More man coverage? What exactly?
For one thing, he can 1 or 2-gap them. Right now, he's asking LB's to play 2 and even 3-gap run defense. They're doing too much diagnosis and it is resulting in tackles in the defensive backfield instead of the offensive backfield.

The other thing he can do specifically for Hitchens is change the alignment up front. I saw at least a dozen snaps against NE where Hitchens had the center on him heads up, there wasn't a lineman anywhere around. No inside LB is going to win a 1-on-1 matchup with a center very often and Hitchens had one in his face all the time.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:06 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I wouldn't call them good. They might have had good seasons but we know bad football players can have those types of seasons (Cassel).

So explain to me what a new DC is going to do to get Hitchens and Fuller to play better and explain what he can do to make the defense better? Blitz more? Play zone more? More man coverage? What exactly?
You want me to sit here and explain that shit to you? I'd think fielding one of the worst defensive units in history and acknowledging there are problems throughout the whole unit, including coaching, would be common sense at this point.

I'd start with not asking Fuller and Hitchens to do things they're not comfortable doing. They're absolutely trash at this read and react shit that Sutton wants to run. Quit running it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:06 PM 10-16-2018
That's what I'm saying. I'm guessing Thomas was his target and now that it's not possible, they're just going to stand pat.
Okay. Pack your bags and get out. Not fucking good enough.
[Reply]
gblowfish 01:07 PM 10-16-2018
Pessimistic Blowfish's inner narrative voice keeps saying nothing will change because the 2018 objective has already been exceeded. People are excited and engaged with this team, and tickets are selling and TV ratings are high and yeah we'll probably have an embarrassing collapse in the playoffs but we're living in the black. Never forget, this is a business run by billionaires. CHunt would probably like that trophy with his dad's name on it, but as long as he's making money, it's all good. That's Pessimistic Blowfish. Optimistic Blowfish thinks if the aforementioned happens, next year they go all out to get Tyreek resigned, Jones resigned, draft all defensive backs and linebackers, and spend every available free agent dollar on defensive help. Offense will be OK for a few more years. Defense Defense Defense baby for 2019.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:11 PM 10-16-2018
Unfortunately, I'm having drinks with Pessimistic Blowfish tonight. I agree with him.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:13 PM 10-16-2018
Unfortunately, I'm having drinks with Pessimistic Blowfish tonight. I agree with him.
You're lucky to drink with such an awesome person.

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:14 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
You're lucky to drink with such an awesome person.

Sent from my 9+ using Tapatalk
:-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:24 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Andy's downfall is loyalty. Sutton should have been canned last year for sure. Nobody wanted him back. His plans are just plain stupid and don't make sense.
That's not just an Andy thing. It is very much a Chiefs thing as well. And I'm sure that if you could quantify that loyalty and what it has cost this franchise over the years, the results would be both staggering and damning.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:25 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
That's not just an Andy thing. It is very much a Chiefs thing as well. And I'm sure that if you could quantify that loyalty and what it has cost this franchise over the years, the results would be both staggering and damning.
Yep. And it's not just Clark either. In fact, Clark has been more proactive than his dad EVER was.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:21 PM 10-16-2018
Yep. And it's not just Clark either. In fact, Clark has been more proactive than his dad EVER was.
True. It's like Lamar got his Lombardi and then said, "we're a business from here on out".
And though Clark has been more active, he still retains plenty of that Hunt tendency to hold on too long to rotten and spoiled fruit which will quickly spread to the rest of the bushel.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:12 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Claysexual:
True. It's like Lamar got his Lombardi and then said, "we're a business from here on out".
And though Clark has been more active, he still retains plenty of that Hunt tendency to hold on too long to rotten and spoiled fruit which will quickly spread to the rest of the bushel.
I wonder what Lamar actually lost in the AFL-NFL merger. The Chiefs SB win legitimized a marriage the NFL didn't really want but had to accept.

You have to wonder what Lamar mortgaged to get it all done.
[Reply]
Iconic 04:50 PM 10-16-2018
Mike Pettine's history as a defensive coordinator looks just like Sutton's here. He's great with somebody else's personnel and over 3 or 4 years, he runs them into the ground. He's left every job he's ever had with the defense being 20 spots or more worse than when he started.
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Pettine’s defense has given up 30 points to CJ Beathard.

That’s more embarrassing than anything we’ve done this year.
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
30 points allowed AT HOME to CJ ****ing Beathard :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
GB defense in Pettine's first year:

#11 in TOT YDS -10 yards shy of being in the top 10.
#7 in YDS/G
#4 in PASS YDS/G
#19 in RUSH YDS/G
#15 in PTS/G

We are fielding a historically bad defense, I mean record books bad, and you think giving up 30 to Btard is embarrassing?

Funny part is Pettine's D did what ours can't, get their QB the ball back. Keep making excuses for Bob while he asks Josh ****ing Shaw to play press man on Gronk with no help lmao.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 04:53 PM 10-16-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You want me to sit here and explain that shit to you? I'd think fielding one of the worst defensive units in history and acknowledging there are problems throughout the whole unit, including coaching, would be common sense at this point.

I'd start with not asking Fuller and Hitchens to do things they're not comfortable doing. They're absolutely trash at this read and react shit that Sutton wants to run. Quit running it.
Not comfortable doing? Like what tackling and not getting burned in coverage? Make all the excuses you want for those two but the fact remains they haven't been good here so far. That can change obviously. Season isn't over. Maybe you are right they need new roles but you still have to be able to cover and tackle.

Firing Sutton now seems like desperation and considering we are 5-1 and it won't work it also seems pointless to me. Who we going to get that is any good and is going to want to come in and coach this defense? A new DC is going to want to install a new defense doing that in basically the middle of the season isn't going to happen and they know that.

Frankly, we don't have the players to be able to do that effectively. Our starting FS wasn't resigned by us and got cut by the Falcons before the season started that's how bad our personnel on D is right now.

Best bet is to hope Berry and Houston can remain healthy if they can we'll be fine if not our offense is going to have to score a lot of pts something they are capable of doing. Simple as that. It's not the end of the world Mahomes is young and we can improve the D in the offseason with a new coordinator and more talent and if we don't win the SB this season.

You want to fire Sutton do it after the season until then ride it out. There's a reason 95% of the time HCs/coordinators get fired after the season is over.
[Reply]
Page 116 of 298
« First < 1666106112113114115116 117118119120126166216 > Last »
Up