ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 63
« First < 4445051525354 55565758 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Story: Han Solo Movie 2018 Spoiler Thread
DaneMcCloud 04:17 PM 10-21-2016
http://www.starwars.com/news/donald-...and-alone-film

Donald Glover is officially a young Lando Calrissian!

Lucasfilm announced today that Donald Glover, an acclaimed actor, award-winning writer, and Grammy-nominated artist, will be playing the part of Lando Calrissian in the still-untitled Han Solo Star Wars film, helmed by directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller. Glover will join Alden Ehrenreich — previously cast as Han Solo — in bringing two iconic Star Wars characters back to the big screen, but at a time in their lives previously unexplored. This new film depicts Lando in his formative years as a scoundrel on the rise in the galaxy’s underworld — years before the events involving Han, Leia, and Darth Vader in The Empire Strikes Back and his rise to Rebel hero in Return of the Jedi.

“We’re so lucky to have an artist as talented as Donald join us,” said Lord and Miller. “These are big shoes to fill, and an even bigger cape, and this one fits him perfectly, which will save us money on alterations. Also, we’d like to publicly apologize to Donald for ruining Comic-Con for him forever.”

Glover is best known for creating and starring in the critically acclaimed FX series Atlanta (which had the highest premiere numbers for any basic cable comedy show since 2013), as well as for starring in four seasons of the show Community, and for his Grammy-nominated album Because the Internet, performed under the name Childish Gambino. In addition, Glover appeared in the Academy Award-nominated The Martian, and will be seen in the upcoming Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The untitled Han Solo movie is set for release in 2018.

[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:31 PM 06-20-2018
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
http://collider.com/star-wars-spinoffs-on-hold/
Thanks TLJ! :-)

I was really looking forward to Obi's movie.
[Reply]
Fish 07:41 PM 06-20-2018

[Reply]
BigRichard 06:47 AM 06-21-2018

Not sure that is the right move or not. I think people want to see the spin off movies, they just don't want the same people running the show that were previously.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:55 AM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Not sure that is the right move or not. I think people want to see the spin off movies, they just don't want the same people running the show that were previously.
I want Obi-Wan and Darth Vader stand alone movies.

Dont release a movie every 6 months. You have already made your $4 billion back. You have the whole future to make profit.

I know Kennedy gets a lot of grief in here but Johnson gets the majority of the blame from me.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 09:17 AM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
The core movies are in as much trouble as the spinoffs, and that's where the stakes are the highest. The difference is that the spinoffs can't live without the core movies, but the core movies can live without the spinoffs. If they can fix the core films, they can revisit doing the spinoffs. If they can't fix the core films, people aren't going to give a shit about Boba Fett's wild ride. So Disney will put all their effort into fixing the core movies. It's a smart move.

The problem is that, as you point out, the issue is the people running the show, and their impact on the story line. Any fool could have put together a competent transition trilogy (Ok, maybe any fool except George Lucas), yet Lucasfilms somehow found a way to botch that, and Disney was fool enough to let them run with the garbage they have.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:51 AM 06-21-2018
I know I'm risking incurring Clay's wrath here, but seriously, why would anybody give a fuck about a Boba Fett movie? He was a minor character that had maybe five minutes of screen time over three movies. I've never understood the fascination.
[Reply]
Sorce 10:47 AM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I know I'm risking incurring Clay's wrath here, but seriously, why would anybody give a **** about a Boba Fett movie? He was a minor character that had maybe five minutes of screen time over three movies. I've never understood the fascination.
Part of Boba Fett's popularity was with the toys and marketing. To get the Boba Fett toy you had to send in the UPC codes from the other toys. This was before empire strikes back and he was supposed to have a large role in that movie. I think because of the rarity of the toy and the marketing hype people loved him before even really knowing the character.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:14 AM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I know I'm risking incurring Clay's wrath here, but seriously, why would anybody give a **** about a Boba Fett movie? He was a minor character that had maybe five minutes of screen time over three movies. I've never understood the fascination.
Because he looked cool. That is all. It is the same reason people were upset that Darth Maul bit it in Episode I. Count Dooku was the superior character but he didn't look cool like Maul so the fans whined until Maul returned.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 12:41 PM 06-21-2018
It is at least encouraging that they identified the problem rather than poo pooing it away as a some release date or oversaturation issue.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:43 PM 06-21-2018
Boba Fett is the only dude who talked back to Darth Vader, outsmarted Han Solo and shot at Luke Skywalker and lived to tell about it. He’s an absolute badass.

And he looks and sounds cool. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 02:14 PM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Boba Fett is the only dude who talked back to Darth Vader, outsmarted Han Solo and shot at Luke Skywalker and lived to tell about it. He’s an absolute badass.

And he looks and sounds cool. :-)
Right up until he started slowly getting digested over the course of 1,000 years. :-)
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:16 PM 06-21-2018
And he got taken out by a blind Han Solo.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:27 PM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
It is at least encouraging that they identified the problem rather than poo pooing it away as a some release date or oversaturation issue.
Pls point out to me where they identified the problem.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:36 PM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Pls point out to me where they identified the problem.
The part where they stopped producing spinoffs and chose to focus on episode 9 :-)
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:54 PM 06-21-2018
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The part where they stopped producing spinoffs and chose to focus on episode 9 :-)
That seems like their solution, not identification of the problem.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 63
« First < 4445051525354 55565758 > Last »
Up