ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 174 of 205
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
DaneMcCloud 04:16 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
You mentioned NFL pre-season games too, and those were all cancelled.
To be accurate, I said "NFL Pre-Season", not NFL preseason games. I can't speak for anyone else but I've had my TV's tuned to the NFL Network all day (and often at night) the minute teams began arriving at training camps.

I agree that everything is unusual now and ratings are tough to compare (and frankly I don't give a shit, I watch what I enjoy and don't care what others do and why), but some of the things listed just don't apply.
Again, the only thing that doesn't apply is the start of the college season but in a "normal" year, games would be starting this week.

Anyway and back on topic, it's just impossible to compare TV ratings 1:1 when this is the first time in modern history that the NBA has played regular season and post-season games in August and possibly, September and October.

If the NBA played during the summer of 2021, there would be a true comparison possible but as of today, the numbers are fairly meaningless. And it doesn't help that we're in an election year with two conventions happening smack dab in the middle of the NBA playoffs.
staylor26 04:17 PM 08-26-2020
I love sports and I’ve never considered boycotting, but I’m getting sick of this shit.

If the Chiefs didn’t have Mahomes and weren’t coming off a SB, who knows how I’d feel right about now.
Bearcat 04:22 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
TO ALL THE IGNORANT KC FANS WHO ARE MOANING ABOUT SPORTS STARS MAKING A STAND!!..YOU BETTER BE PREPARED BECAUSE I HAVE NO DOUBT PAT WILL MAKE A STAND TOO IF THINGS CONTINUE DOWN THIS PATH...HE'S ALREADY DONE IT AND HE WILL DO IT AGAIN!!..HE PRETTY MUCH CONFIRMED IT TO PETER KING IN AN INTERVIEW THE OTHER DAY.
****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****

^Take your bullshit trolling to the Romper Room.
DaneMcCloud 04:22 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And I absolutely will walk away. I'm sick and fucking tired of being preached at by these ignorant hypocrites.
Again, I wouldn't be surprised if millions, if not tens of millions of Americas, feel the same way and walk away.

2020 has been the defining year of my time on this planet so far. We've seen tens of millions unemployed while others are thriving and continue to thrive.

We've seen multi-national corporations quickly pivot from spending hundreds of millions on office space, maintenance and cleaning crews, only to realize that almost none of that was needed to be successful and sustainable in 2020 and beyond.

Everything around us is changing at a faster pace than at any time in human history so it makes sense that sports, which have become polarizing across this nation, will feel these cataclysmic changes, too.
PAChiefsGuy 04:24 PM 08-26-2020
I like how the NBA players are skipping an NBA game due to police brutality but say little to nothing about black on black crime. in particular, the street gangs who kill far more blacks in a wkend than cops do in a year.

I wish they would just keep social shit away from sports for most part. If you want to become a political activist do it on your own time. Skipping a game isn't going to solve anything.
UChieffyBugger 04:24 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****

^Take your bullshit trolling to the Romper Room.
How is this "trolling"? People are moaning about the players protesting on this thread and some have brought up Pat!!...so my statement was in relation to whats being said smh.
sedated 04:25 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
To be accurate, I said "NFL Pre-Season", not NFL preseason games. I can't speak for anyone else but I've had my TV's tuned to the NFL Network all day (and often at night) the minute teams began arriving at training camps.
*sigh* You said "NFL preseason" and "NFL training camp". Its just listing the same thing twice.

But whatever, I'm sorry I even brought it up.
UChieffyBugger 04:25 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
I like how the NBA players are skipping an NBA game due to police brutality but say little to nothing about black on black crime. in particular, the street gangs who kill far more blacks in a wkend than cops do in a year.

I wish they would just keep social shit away from sports for most part. If you want to do it do it on your own time. Skipping a game isn't going to solve anything.
And of course "black on black crime" is brought up AGAIN in order to deflect!! smh. Go look up white on white crime buddy!!..and tell me why folks aren't talking about it?
htismaqe 04:27 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
And of course "black on black crime" is brought up AGAIN in order to deflect!! smh. Go look up white on white crime buddy!!..and tell me why folks aren't talking about it?

DaneMcCloud 04:27 PM 08-26-2020
*sigh* You said "NFL preseason" and "NFL training camp". Its just listing the same thing twice.

But whatever, I'm sorry I even brought it up.
My apologies, man. I did not intend to argue the point.
dj56dt58 04:30 PM 08-26-2020
Remove them from the playoffs and disqualify then from postseason play next year
DJ's left nut 04:30 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I love sports and I’ve never considered boycotting, but I’m getting sick of this shit.

If the Chiefs didn’t have Mahomes and weren’t coming off a SB, who knows how I’d feel right about now.
I don't do boycotts typically. I'll throw money at causes I agree with; I'll reward entities I think are doing the right thing, but don't generally boycott.

I will not, however, be held hostage.

You want to start saying you'll stay at home? Aight. You want to tell me that I have to agree with your worldview for you to provide me entertainment? Good fucking luck.

I'll find something else to do. Again, my De-mystifying Electricity book badly needs to be read and I still suck at drywall and trim carpentry. My finishing skills are just god-awful. You wanna give me adequate cause to spend time on life skills instead of accumulating ammunition to argue with yahoos on a football board? Okay - I can live with that.

Their leverage here is not what they think it is.
Pitt Gorilla 04:30 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Dane - I mean this with all sincerity.

They'll lose this one. The MLB and the NFL will as well. I drop probably 5 figures annually on this product w/ STs and all that jazz. I can get a damn nice drum sander with that.

Meanwhile I've got some shitdick fungible reliever like Sean Doolittle on Twitter saying "Sports are the rewards of a functioning society" like he's my dad telling me I'll eat my peas before I get my ice cream. **** off, Sean. You don't give a large rats ass about anyone burning up the city. You're the just another hypocrite.

Where Doolittle completely misses the point - and the same place the NBA does - is they assume they are fundamental to society. Nah...hobbies are. And if you'll let us out of our MFing houses, we'll just find new ones.

We don't need these guys. We damn sure don't need them preaching to us.

There aren't many people that are more hardcore fans than I am when it comes to football, baseball and hockey. I know the minors, I know the tactics, I know the contracts. I invest a shitload of time and money into these products.

If I'll walk away - so will damn near all of them.

And I absolutely will walk away. I'm sick and ****ing tired of being preached at by these ignorant hypocrites.
I'm guessing a lot of folks won't let something like a tweet by Doolittle impact their lives one iota. I sure wouldn't.
eDave 04:31 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by dj56dt58:
Remove them from the playoffs and disqualify then from postseason play next year
The entire league?
DJ's left nut 04:31 PM 08-26-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Again, I wouldn't be surprised if millions, if not tens of millions of Americas, feel the same way and walk away.

2020 has been the defining year of my time on this planet so far. We've seen tens of millions unemployed while others are thriving and continue to thrive.

We've seen multi-national corporations quickly pivot from spending hundreds of millions on office space, maintenance and cleaning crews, only to realize that almost none of that was needed to be successful and sustainable in 2020 and beyond.

Everything around us is changing at a faster pace than at any time in human history so it makes sense that sports, which have become polarizing across this nation, will feel these cataclysmic changes, too.
For sports, the wounds will be self-inflicted. Not by the leagues, but by the players who are overplaying their hands.

The owners and commissioners want no part of this shit. But the players are working on killing the golden goose.
Page 174 of 205
« First < 74124164170171172173174 175176177178184 > Last »
Up