ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 255 of 663
« First < 155205245251252253254255 256257258259265305355 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
KC native 08:43 PM 01-06-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:
He got popped December 4th...more than a month before the fight, he had no business fighting.

If it would've been a low or mid tier level fighter, their asses would've been gone.

Do you really think he stopped using a month before the fight lol? Look at his behavior at the weigh in FFS...it absolutely had an effect on the fight.
Lawlz A line of cocaine lasts about 45 minutes to an hour and a half depending on purity.

The cocaine had zero impact on his fight.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:44 PM 01-06-2015
He's casually been training in Gracie BJJ...he's a white belt.
My point was along the lines of he didn't just decide to start training as a fighter right now to make some bucks. He's financially pretty set, which is rare for wrestlers traditionally but most of the younger (i.e. under 40) guys have learned. I would say he's doing UFC because he's a competitive guy. Dana White, on the other hand, must think he can make some money off his name.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:46 PM 01-06-2015
He got popped December 4th...more than a month before the fight, he had no business fighting.
Why not? It was not even illegal under the rules of the test. If his in-competition test does not come back hot, then everything is fine as far as I'm concerned. We may need to condemn him for other reasons unrelated to competition, like maybe for encouraging the use of cocaine to the youth of america and all the societal ills that may cause, but as far as the competition is concerned, there is no violation.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:46 PM 01-06-2015
Originally Posted by KC native:
Lawlz A line of cocaine lasts about 45 minutes to an hour and a half depending on purity.

The cocaine had zero impact on his fight.
Ok so I'll go along with it and say it didn't...that still makes it right to keep it hidden from everyone for a month? Daniel Cormier didn't have a right to know? The people attending or the people buying the PPV shouldn't have known?
[Reply]
alnorth 08:49 PM 01-06-2015
Ok so I'll go along with it and say it didn't...that still makes it right to keep it hidden from everyone for a month? Daniel Cormier didn't have a right to know? The people attending or the people buying the PPV shouldn't have known?
Yes it does, for business reasons.

No, DC did not need to know, because it had zero impact on the fight.

The people buying the PPV shouldn't care.

This is the same as testing positive for taking strong cold medicine a month before the fight, which is another substance that is banned in-competition, but fine out-of-competition.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 08:50 PM 01-06-2015
Why should they? I don't really get why so many people give a shit other than they don't like the guy and want to club him with it.
[Reply]
KC native 08:52 PM 01-06-2015
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Why not? It was not even illegal under the rules of the test. If his in-competition test does not come back hot, then everything is fine as far as I'm concerned. We may need to condemn him for other reasons unrelated to competition, like maybe for encouraging the use of cocaine to the youth of america and all the societal ills that may cause, but as far as the competition is concerned, there is no violation.
He didn't encourage it. He just did some. Big difference.

Also, cocaine is fun in small amounts.

Now this bear,

Image: Not Safe for Work

He is encouraging kids to do cocaine.

And Chuck E Cheese, he encourages cocaine use

[Reply]
KC native 08:53 PM 01-06-2015
Yes. No. No.
[Reply]
alnorth 11:21 PM 01-06-2015
I finally found the definitive answer for what is in-competition for drug tests in MMA. It is 12 hours before the fight.

If you test positive for stimulants, narcotics, MJ, or whatever that 4th thing was, it only counts if the test sample was collected less than 12 hours before the fight. Otherwise, for out of competition tests, the only things that matter are the "real" PED's like steroids, blood doping, etc
[Reply]
CoMoChief 12:44 AM 01-07-2015
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I don't follow MMA anymore but I do know that Punk's been training BJJ in some capacity for several years. Whether that means anything only time will tell. But this isn't something he's just getting into on a whim. He's been talking about wanting to do MMA for a long time, has as I recall even suggested that he'd probably have gone into MMA rather than wresting if UFC been a bigger draw (i.e. more $$$) when he was coming up. None of which means he won't fall flat on his face.
He's trained w/ some BJJ a few times. He's popped in to some dude's gym a few times in the past when he wasn't on the road w/ WWE.

WWE stars work like 300/365 days a year. He doesn't have the time to do it. If any training at all its very VERY minimal.

What happens when this guy gets hit...by a professional fighter? It's not getting into some bar brawl or alley fight against some scumbag. These are trained fighters that have been doing this for a lot longer than he has.

It's bad for the sport and it's a terrible move by White. What does it tell your fighters? He's taking someone else's spot on a PPV card...someone who has fought a lot longer and has put in the hard work to fufill his dream of being on a UFC PPV card. Plus hes going to be making bank whatever the outcome is. He's a huge draw so just like Lesnar, he's going to bring in a seperate but rather large fanbase and Punk will see a portion of the money that comes from the PPV buys. And It will probably be more than any or most fighters on that card.

Again what does that tell your fighters? Well I'll tell you what it says....Dana White is a clown and has turned UFC into celebrity cage fighting. Have him come onto the Ultimate Fighter just like Kimbo Slice did....that show could use the ratings.
[Reply]
alnorth 01:42 AM 01-07-2015
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
It's bad for the sport and it's a terrible move by White.
Bullcrap.

CM Punk, even if he turns out to be a total joke, is not taking a spot from anyone important, at all. Its a very big win for the UFC.

What is undeniable is that he will bring in $$$ to the UFC, embodied by curiosity in his first fight, including from me. Whether it turns out that he's a competent fighter or some moron who will get beat down, either way I wanna see it.
[Reply]
kcxiv 01:46 AM 01-07-2015
Yeah, its not a bad idea, dude is athletic, im sure he's trained in some kind of martial arts or even amatauer wrestling.

Its not a bad move at all, they will put him against someone decent, if he can hang then he can hang. All these guys come from somewhere Cain came from college wrestling and transitioned.

He will be ok, if not,t hen move on.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:35 AM 01-07-2015
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Fight night on the 18th is looking very important now. McGregor has already been promised a title shot if he wins. On top of that, now if Cowboy wins the co-main, its going to start looking just really absurd if he doesn't get the next title shot.
the only thing that bothers me is Cowboy has already lost to Henderson twice, RDA once and Pettis once. I know that doesn't mean he can't beat them but it could hurt his shot at a title.
[Reply]
TimBone 11:37 AM 01-07-2015
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
the only thing that bothers me is Cowboy has already lost to Henderson twice, RDA once and Pettis once. I know that doesn't mean he can't beat them but it could hurt his shot at a title.
Yep. He's making a mistake here.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:10 PM 01-14-2015
Breaking news: the trilogy is off. The UFC is gonna make Hendricks earn a rematch against Lawler.
[Reply]
Page 255 of 663
« First < 155205245251252253254255 256257258259265305355 > Last »
Up