ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 33
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread
DaFace 08:09 PM 04-23-2019
Since Endgame is probably one of the most anticipated films we've had here in a while, let's quarantine all discussion from those who have seen the film (or who have otherwise read spoilers). If you don't want to see stuff get spoiled, stay out!

(And this will likely be the last time I view this thread until Friday, so if you need me to put something in the OP or similar, shoot me a PM. I won't read posts in here.)
[Reply]
Mecca 06:20 AM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Is Thor hanging around
If any of the old guard returns, he's the most likely. He's basically said he'll play the character for as long as they'll let him and honestly outside of the MCU he's been in basically terrible movies.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:51 AM 05-01-2019

[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:10 AM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
If the lightsaber stays at the same home, did it really ever get passed on?
[Reply]
sully1983 08:29 AM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
If the lightsaber stays at the same home, did it really ever get passed on?
Ha good point. Also, Disney owns the Avatar franchise as well . JFC they are too powerful . :-)
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 AM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Rausch:
1) I loved the Professor Hulk until the final battle. He basically wasn't in it. The whole reason to look forward to a professor Hulk is to see what Banner would do differently in battle while in control. Banner could have trained with Cap those 5 years and whomped some ass. Instead they nerfed their two most powerful characters.

2) I love what they did with Cap and Tony. Tony's character comes full circle and him doing what he has to do to be ready to sacrifice himself (have a child, make amends with his father, have the opportunity) actually does validate Dr. Strange's actions. I was worried about this but Doc Strange was right.

The only part I didn't like was I see no way Cap could live through all the f'ed up things in world history from 1950-2010 and just hide or stay on the sidelines. That's just not Cap. Would cap stand down and just let Hydra run Shield/US intelligence for 50 years?

3) I understand divergent timelines and how their time travel works but they still ****ed it all up. By "Endgame Rules" they still created multiple new timelines with Loki, Cap, and removing Gamora/Nebula being killed or ripped from time.

If the Ruso's were around to explain it all I'd have faith, but they're done.

4) I was on board with a Black Widow movie but never really cared one way or the other until I saw her basically take over for Fury. It actually makes sense (she's also a super spy) and by midway through Endgame I was pumped to see a Black Widow/Ronin movie.

So much for that.
This is some of my issues. I loved it, but the whole time travel thing is always going to fuck up timelines I think.

Cap stayed in the old days, but the other Cap was still in the ice and went thru everything this cap did or was that now changed?

All the other movies still stand technically, but time travel is always so hard to do. I wish they could have gone another way.
[Reply]
Danguardace 10:23 AM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Hulk and Thor ruined Endgame.

What a huge disappointment.

This movie could have been 100x better than it was.
The joke was fat people are funny. Unfortunately reminded me of Shallow Hall.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:32 AM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
This is some of my issues. I loved it, but the whole time travel thing is always going to **** up timelines I think.

Cap stayed in the old days, but the other Cap was still in the ice and went thru everything this cap did or was that now changed?

All the other movies still stand technically, but time travel is always so hard to do. I wish they could have gone another way.
By going with the separate realities method, this allows them to have all of their different Disney+ TV shows each not effect the other or the movies....sort of a cop-out, but it makes sense because then you don't have to keep track of as many things. However, I really hope they don't do this and they have them all exist in the same reality so they can crossover at times. Right now we know there is going to be a Loki show, a Scarlet Witch and Vision show, and the Falcon and Winter Soldier show (with a possibility of a Hawkeye show as well) all starring the original actors.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:02 AM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
This is some of my issues. I loved it, but the whole time travel thing is always going to **** up timelines I think.

The Russos strongly hinted that if Chris Evans ever wants to return, there may be some alt-timeline Cap stories to tell.
[Reply]
JD10367 12:04 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
The Russos strongly hinted that if Chris Evans ever wants to return, there may be some alt-timeline Cap stories to tell.
Going by how Endgame portrays time travel, going to the past in your reality doesn't alter your reality but instead sends the reality you went to on a different timeline. So, for example, if you went back and killed Hitler, you would create an alternate Hitler-free reality but returning to your time you'd still find Hitler in the history books.

Now, Cap going back to the 40s/50s (judging by the car in the last scene) creates an interesting alternate reality because a) that act creates a different reality for that version of Earth and b) it doesn't even disturb the Cap from that reality because he's still in the ice. (Although he'll be pissed to wake up and find out he's been frozen for most of a century and an alt-Cap came back and spent 50 years fucking his sweetheart.) So that Cap could feel free to fuck with that reality's Hydra as much or as little as he pleased, because it only changes that reality and not his. I doubt Cap could stand by and not mess with Hydra but, judging by his ability to return to his reality as an old man, apparently he made it through safe and sound.
[Reply]
JD10367 12:05 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If any of the old guard returns, he's the most likely. He's basically said he'll play the character for as long as they'll let him and honestly outside of the MCU he's been in basically terrible movies.
"Cabin In The Woods" begs to differ.
[Reply]
JD10367 12:09 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by sully1983:
Ha good point. Also, Disney owns the Avatar franchise as well . JFC they are too powerful . :-)
In August of 2009 they bought Marvel for $4B... and some people wondered if that was too much.

Just the 22 main MCU films have grossed $20B worldwide.

If I had some Pym particles, I'd go back to the 80s and buy as much Disney stock as I could afford.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 12:18 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I hope Kennedy took notes on how to run a successful franchise.
[Reply]
O.city 12:21 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
But what timeline would that be?

Would it be the one they defeated Thanos in, or the one he went and stayed in? Although I guess technically they would be the same?

Fuck i'm dumb.
[Reply]
O.city 12:22 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Going by how Endgame portrays time travel, going to the past in your reality doesn't alter your reality but instead sends the reality you went to on a different timeline. So, for example, if you went back and killed Hitler, you would create an alternate Hitler-free reality but returning to your time you'd still find Hitler in the history books.

Now, Cap going back to the 40s/50s (judging by the car in the last scene) creates an interesting alternate reality because a) that act creates a different reality for that version of Earth and b) it doesn't even disturb the Cap from that reality because he's still in the ice. (Although he'll be pissed to wake up and find out he's been frozen for most of a century and an alt-Cap came back and spent 50 years ****ing his sweetheart.) So that Cap could feel free to **** with that reality's Hydra as much or as little as he pleased, because it only changes that reality and not his. I doubt Cap could stand by and not mess with Hydra but, judging by his ability to return to his reality as an old man, apparently he made it through safe and sound.
But you're going back to your own reality just at a different time.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:23 PM 05-01-2019
Originally Posted by JD10367:
"Cabin In The Woods" begs to differ.
Which was shot way back in 2009.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 33
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up