ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 158 of 324
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208258 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
SAUTO 05:46 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I like Watkins. Hopefully he can be healthy this year.
We agree
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:34 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Just think guys, with a modest improvement how awesome we can be. If our D gets just two more stops per game thats 32 more opportunities to score. Mahomy might just break 55 TD's and 5400 yards both NFL records.
Amen, brother... even marginal improvement would be SO big

And frankly, I'm expecting better than "marginal"... another draft, another free agency period, and of course this high powered new coaching staff should propel that unit to middle of the pack at worst
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:43 PM 02-18-2019
Just think guys, with a modest improvement how awesome we can be. If our D gets just two more stops per game thats 32 more opportunities to score. Mahomy might just break 55 TD's and 5400 yards both NFL records.
Maybe it works that way. But I don't know. If our defense can hold teams to around 20 points per game, I'm not sure that Andy Reid is having Patrick slinging it down field that much late. If the score is, say 28-15 in the beginning of the 4th quarter, Mahomes is probably just handing it off and throwing short stuff. Hell, Henne may even get a few snaps in.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:47 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Maybe it works that way. But I don't know. If our defense can hold teams to around 20 points per game, I'm not sure that Andy Reid is having Patrick slinging it down field that much late. If the score is, say 28-15 in the beginning of the 4th quarter, Mahomes is probably just handing it off and throwing short stuff. Hell, Henne may even get a few snaps in.
Not at that score differential with basically a whole quarter to play. 2 scores in the NFL can happen in a matter of minutes(see Chiefs v Chargers). 38-15, that’s another story.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:11 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Not at that score differential with basically a whole quarter to play. 2 scores in the NFL can happen in a matter of minutes(see Chiefs v Chargers). 38-15, that’s another story.
The games that really inflated Mahomes' totals were games like the Rams and Pats. Those are the games that will be fewer and farther between, which is why Mahomes will likely throw for fewer yards and TDs if the defense improves.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:27 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The games that really inflated Mahomes' totals were games like the Rams and Pats. Those are the games that will be fewer and farther between, which is why Mahomes will likely throw for fewer yards and TDs if the defense improves.
You mean our QB's season yardage total may not break 5000 every year?

[Reply]
tredadda 10:39 PM 02-18-2019
No chance. The better our defense the less likely we get into shootouts where he has to fling 6 TDS a game. If he throws for 50 next year it means we made little to no improvement on defense.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:41 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by tredadda:
No chance. The better our defense the less likely we get into shootouts where he has to fling 6 TDS a game. If he throws for 50 next year it means we made little to no improvement on defense.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM-G0bkl8MQ
[Reply]
Bowser 10:48 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You mean our QB's season yardage total may not break 5000 every year?

I'm not absolutely positive, but would anyone be surprised to learn that we didn't break 5,000 yards passing in two years with Brian Daboll's system?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:52 PM 02-18-2019
Daboll was only the OC for 1 year. They threw for 2700 yards that season.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:16 PM 02-18-2019
Daboll was only the OC for 1 year. They threw for 2700 yards that season.
So I was 47% right on all of that, lol. 2700 yards. Huh. Seems like a bad dream.

I thought Daboll was here for the Tyler Thigpen experiment, too. Those shit years just melt into each other....
[Reply]
mcaj22 08:44 AM 02-19-2019
put some respect on my avatar. those bucket hats dont gain yards themselves.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:00 AM 02-19-2019
When you look at the second half of the season, you also saw defenses better gameplan for mahomes and also refs put less emphasis on pass interference. mahomes adjusted his game accordingly. Still mvp level performances but not quite the constant fireworks we saw early in the season. When you look at his second half, seems reasonable that he'll hover maybe just below 4500 yards 40 TDs barring some kind of sophomore slump (which I don't think is likely... We have a good idea of his floor by now). Which is still damn good.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:07 AM 02-19-2019

I see a lot more games like the Raiders & 49ers games. Chiefs get a big lead & then try & run the clock.

The Rams, Patriots & Steelers games were outliers. Take those games away & that should be Mahomes typical numbers next season.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 09:12 AM 02-19-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
When you look at the second half of the season, you also saw defenses better gameplan for mahomes and also refs put less emphasis on pass interference. mahomes adjusted his game accordingly. Still mvp level performances but not quite the constant fireworks we saw early in the season. When you look at his second half, seems reasonable that he'll hover maybe just below 4500 yards 40 TDs barring some kind of sophomore slump (which I don't think is likely... We have a good idea of his floor by now). Which is still damn good.
First half: 26 TD
Second half: 24 TD
[Reply]
Page 158 of 324
« First < 58108148154155156157158 159160161162168208258 > Last »
Up