ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 157 of 324
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167207257 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:28 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Sutton had the personnel to have an all-time great d when he arrived in KC.

He legitimately had 5 all-pro caliber players at his disposal.
Yep. They were good for 3 years until those guys started aging/breaking down.

And part of the reason Poe broke down was because Sutton wouldn't take him off the field.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:50 PM 02-18-2019
Just think guys, with a modest improvement how awesome we can be. If our D gets just two more stops per game thats 32 more opportunities to score. Mahomy might just break 55 TD's and 5400 yards both NFL records.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:56 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Sutton had the personnel to have an all-time great d when he arrived in KC.

He legitimately had 5 all-pro caliber players at his disposal.
Remember when Sutton would say things like "We don't adjust to what offenses are doing, they adjust to what we force them to"? Well, that philosophy plays a lot better when you have that all-pro potential on the field. That's what infuriated me the most about Sutton, and likely what finally lost him his job, he just REFUSED to make adjustments (for the most part) because he always believed his talent on defense was better than the offensive talent he was facing. And we all saw how that played when we lost Prime Poe, Prime Berry, and Prime DJ.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:01 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Remember when Sutton would say things like "We don't adjust to what offenses are doing, they adjust to what we force them to"? Well, that philosophy plays a lot better when you have that all-pro potential on the field. That's what infuriated me the most about Sutton, and likely what finally lost him his job, he just REFUSED to make adjustments (for the most part) because he always believed his talent on defense was better than the offensive talent he was facing. And we all saw how that played when we lost Prime Poe, Prime Berry, and Prime DJ.
the only way you can play that way is if you spend the whole game in the offensive backfield. I didn't see nearly enough aggressiveness from his front seven for that to be the case.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:04 PM 02-18-2019
biggest problem right now is that we literally don't have a SAM on the roster.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:08 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
biggest problem right now is that we literally don't have a SAM on the roster.
Yep.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 03:49 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
its weird that all of these guys had good seasons and then came to the Chiefs and sucked ass. Bennie Logan, Xavier Williams, Anthony Hitchens.
That's kinda cherry picking don't you think? The Chies had plenty of guys come from other teams and have the best years of their careers. For some reason, those guys were mostly secondary guys. But the point stands. Sean Smith, Hussein Abdullah, Terrence Mitchell, and I can't think of his name now. He came from Oakland on a one year deal. He was a great safety for us, then left as a free agent and sucked again. I'm not touting them to promote Sutton. I'm glad he's gone. I'm just trying to show a little balance.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:54 PM 02-18-2019
it's kind of like... Sutton only knows ONE WAY to play defense; you need a 350 lb nose, and a Bart Scott/Ray Lewis/Derrick Johnson in his prime MLB. If you don't have one or both of those things, he's completely unable to make any adjustment at all to do anything else.
Then he should have been shit-canned before last season, especially if we were going to further hamstring him with players that didnt fit his scheme
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:54 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
That's kinda cherry picking don't you think? The Chies had plenty of guys come from other teams and have the best years of their careers. For some reason, those guys were mostly secondary guys. But the point stands. Sean Smith, Hussein Abdullah, Terrence Mitchell, and I can't think of his name now. He came from Oakland on a one year deal. He was a great safety for us, then left as a free agent and sucked again. I'm not touting them to promote Sutton. I'm glad he's gone. I'm just trying to show a little balance.
well, I would say that's because he had POE and prime Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali, and Justin Houston.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:55 PM 02-18-2019

So let's just move on.
go ahead, you are the one who keeps responding. i'll continue to discuss it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:00 PM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
go ahead, you are the one who keeps responding. i'll continue to discuss it.

why? Nobody else is.
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:04 PM 02-18-2019
why? Nobody else is.
really?

looks like there's a discussion happening. posts are going up.

i realize that you've said you were through arguing it, then told someone to get off your shit, now are telling me to move on. but not before coming here today and writing a thousand word essay responding to me. do you just need the last word so you can feel right or something? i disagree with what you are saying.

maybe it will die if you quit responding, maybe not. but if YOU are done talking about it just stop. i'll continue to respond to posts that i disagree with because thats what this place is for.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:09 PM 02-18-2019
really?

looks like there's a discussion happening. posts are going up.

i realize that you've said you were through arguing it, then told someone to get off your shit, now are telling me to move on. but not before coming here today and writing a thousand word essay responding to me. do you just need the last word so you can feel right or something? i disagree with what you are saying.

maybe it will die if you quit responding, maybe not. but if YOU are done talking about it just stop. i'll continue to respond to posts that i disagree with because thats what this place is for.
we're discussing other things related to the orginal post.

I'm not really interested in arguing with a wall about the possible/maybe/who knows hypothetical two year plan with the defense. It doesn't matter. Who cares? I'm more interested in discussing Spagnuolo and what the new defensive scheme will bring.

do what you wanna do, man. I'm not the boss of you. :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:49 PM 02-18-2019
Since you brought up Watkins I'd like to point out their idiocy with the defense wasted a year of his contract too.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:06 PM 02-18-2019
Since you brought up Watkins I'd like to point out their idiocy with the defense wasted a year of his contract too.
I like Watkins. Hopefully he can be healthy this year.
[Reply]
Page 157 of 324
« First < 57107147153154155156157 158159160161167207257 > Last »
Up