ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 155 of 324
« First < 55105145151152153154155 156157158159165205255 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:27 PM 02-17-2019
look.
It's all speculation. I don't know anything more than anyone else.

If you don't think that organizations have plans in place for several years out...well, I don't know what to tell you. There's only so much you can do in one offseason and in one season. I'm sure there was a plan; I don't know for a fact what it was. Whatever it was, it got the team 6 fucking inches from a SB and a 23 year old MVP QB.

So you can complain about it if you want, but you sound pretty stupid.

Unless you want to mortgage the future, you can't really do a defensive rebuild in one year; it's gonna take a couple of drafts. I don't give a fuck who you are or what scheme you want to run; if you're making a scheme change, it's probably going to be ugly for a year at least until you can get enough pieces in place.

Belichick himself switched from a 3-4 to a 4-3; not because his defense was totally shit, just because he felt it was becoming more difficult to get players to fit the 3-4 with half the league running it.

so this extreme idea that they KNEW the defense was going to be historically bad and ignored it doesn't hold water. It was worse than they thought, it didn't go to plan. I'm sure they thought Berry was going to be healthy all year too. Shit happens.

They didn't know Mahomes was going to be THAT GOOD. They didn't think the defense would be THAT BAD. They knew they needed some more bodies on that side, and knew it would take another draft to get there. That's just logic, man.

But you think what you want to. You're not going to change your mind even if there was factual evidence to the contrary. I have an opinion; it's theory and conjecture. You have an opinion, and you're not changing it no matter what. So whatever. Do your thing.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:35 PM 02-17-2019
Having a defense that sucked didn't put mahomes in the best position to succeed.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:37 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Having a defense that sucked didn't put mahomes in the best position to succeed.
Yes, well, as we've already been over....and over....and over...

clearly, things didn't go according to plan.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:39 PM 02-17-2019
They fucked up the moment they decided to retain Sutton for another year. Fucking despise that useless sack of shit on Pioli levels.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:44 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
They ****ed up the moment they decided to retain Sutton for another year. ****ing despise that useless sack of shit on Pioli levels.
I'm no fan.

I'm not really into the 3-4 at this point in time in the NFL anyway; I think you need LB'ers that can cover and in the 3-4 your LB'ers have to take on too many OL so your ILB'ers at least tend to be bigger and not cover guys. So I like the 4 man line as it allows you to play smaller faster cover-backers, which makes more sense to me with the way the league's going. Also- with teams playing so much nickel, it makes more sense for your base personnel to be closer to that anyway. You're only switching one guy to go to nickel, and the skillsets of your other LB'ers already match.

And I hated how Sutton never made adjustments; and I hated that he insisted on doing dumb shit like having Kpass and Speaks try to cover Rb's in the flat; and Nelson and Scandrick one on one deep with no over the top safety help. And if they safeties just didn't know they were supposed to be there, well, that's the coaching staff's fault too.

so yeah. fuck Sutton. Fuck the 3-4.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:53 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yes, well, as we've already been over....and over....and over...

clearly, things didn't go according to plan.
Well when your plan seems half assed i'm not sure what is expected.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:09 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Well when your plan seems half assed i'm not sure what is expected.

well, do your plans always work out?

This one came within six inches.

That's pretty close.

I mean, shit happens.

With that personnel, I don't think they should've been that bad. There's a lot of #1's, #2's, and #3's on the field. It's not bottom feeder talent.

Clearly, they misjudged somewhere.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:13 PM 02-17-2019
Mahomes had one of the five or so best seasons that a QB has ever had in the NFL during this first season as a starter. No one could foresee that.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:15 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Mahomes had one of the five or so best seasons that a QB has ever had in the NFL during this first season as a starter. No one could foresee that.
Also telling of just how atrocious the decision to keep Sutton around was. Mahomes had a season like that and his defense failed him at the end.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:17 PM 02-17-2019
Also telling of just how atrocious the decision to keep Sutton around was. Mahomes had a season like that and his defense failed him at the end.
As it worked out, yes.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:41 PM 02-17-2019
It's hilarious reading the last few pages. Guys getting all worked up and pissed off because the changes that we made this off-season didn't happen a year sooner. Who gives a shit??? It's in the past. You can't change it, so why get upset about it?? The changes got made. We have the best quarterback in the NFL leading the best offense in the NFL. We came oh so close with the way they played it. And now, the future looks great. I just don't understand the mindset of anyone who looks at the bright future ahead and would rather fuss and whine about unchangeable things in the past. It's just plain dumb.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:57 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
It's hilarious reading the last few pages. Guys getting all worked up and pissed off because the changes that we made this off-season didn't happen a year sooner. Who gives a shit??? It's in the past. You can't change it, so why get upset about it?? The changes got made. We have the best quarterback in the NFL leading the best offense in the NFL. We came oh so close with the way they played it. And now, the future looks great. I just don't understand the mindset of anyone who looks at the bright future ahead and would rather fuss and whine about unchangeable things in the past. It's just plain dumb.
Sorry if your brain is too small to process more than 1 thing but it is entirely possible to both be excited for the future of this team with Mahomes at the helm AND be irritated at shitty decision making that very well could have cost us a Super Bowl title this year.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:05 AM 02-18-2019
Sorry if your brain is too small to process more than 1 thing but it is entirely possible to both be excited for the future of this team with Mahomes at the helm AND be irritated at shitty decision making that very well could have cost us a Super Bowl title this year.
:-) Says the small minded prick who spends hours arguing about the past. I thought that I had you on ignore. I can't imagine why I ever took you off. You were a constant whiner that I got sick of. Nothing has changed. Time to put you back on ignore where you belong and improve my CP experience immensely
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:09 AM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
:-) Says the small minded prick who spends hours arguing about the past. I thought that I had you on ignore. I can't imagine why I ever took you off. You were a constant whiner that I got sick of. Nothing has changed. Time to put you back on ignore where you belong and improve my CP experience immensely

[Reply]
SAUTO 07:16 AM 02-18-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
well, do your plans always work out?

This one came within six inches.

That's pretty close.

I mean, shit happens.

With that personnel, I don't think they should've been that bad. There's a lot of #1's, #2's, and #3's on the field. It's not bottom feeder talent.

Clearly, they misjudged somewhere.
Seems like from what you are saying they must've misjudged everywhere
[Reply]
Page 155 of 324
« First < 55105145151152153154155 156157158159165205255 > Last »
Up