ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 152 of 324
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162202252 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
RunKC 03:07 PM 02-17-2019
I think Watts will fit in Spags defense very nicely

I can't wait to see @GGPR_BANGER5 at full health. Already had a sack on this drive and was one second away from another one pic.twitter.com/sWGboZxTLJ

— Daniel Harms (@D_Harms19) February 17, 2019

[Reply]
YontsRBake 04:05 PM 02-17-2019
The player that’s going to benefit the most here is going to be O’daniel.

Johnathon Cassilas and Kawika Mitchell are LBs that played the Will for Spags and saw big rises in production under him. I feel like O’daniel is gonna be a great fit for that Will spot thanks to his closing speed.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:12 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
The player that’s going to benefit the most here is going to be O’daniel.

Johnathon Cassilas and Kawika Mitchell are LBs that played the Will for Spags and saw big rises in production under him. I feel like O’daniel is gonna be a great fit for that Will spot thanks to his closing speed.
I'll see you O'Daniel and raise you a Hitchens.

See also: Breeland Speaks.

And possibly saving the career of a Tanoh Kpassgnon. There is still great physical potential there, and while trying to learn OLB for 2 years probably has only helped things like lateral movement, he was not an OLB.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 04:16 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'll see you O'Daniel and raise you a Hitchens.

See also: Breeland Speaks.

And possibly saving the career of a Tanoh Kpassgnon. There is still great physical potential there, and while trying to learn OLB for 2 years probably has only helped things like lateral movement, he was not an OLB.
I can definitely see Hitchens. He was great in a 4-3 in Dallas, and I’d like to see Speaks start as the strong side DE (I’m not for sure on if Spags designates and flips his DEs) opposite Ford, with Houston playing the Sam.

I think Kpass will improve but won’t see the field much, but I think O’Daniel will really come on and be extremely productive.

I think the guy you could have more potential at possibly saving the career of would be Ragland if he can learn how to play both the Mike and Sam as a rotation guy.
[Reply]
mcaj22 04:17 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chiefs Moon:
I'm hoping DB's will be taught to understand when the ball is in the air, it is as much theirs as it is the receivers'. As such, if they turn to see the ball, they might make a play on it and might not get flagged nearly as often. That will also cut down on back shoulder throws to receivers they are covering. It's so basic and so frustrating to watch the Sutton clown show year after year. Also, as the smallest players on the field, try tackling below the knees. Watch some film of DJ and EB. There's no upside to tackling above the waste. Take out their legs and be done with it. There's also nothing wrong with more than one guy making a tackle. Watch Ravens film for details.

Our defense has been so soft, so poorly coached for so long it seems impossible they could ever become a good defense again. The "bend but don't break" philosophy is passive and weak. The goal is to get the ball back to your offense as soon as possible. How did Sutton not get this? All three phases of the game are meant to be played in attack mode. Sutton seemed to think his defense on the field losing time of possession was a good thing.

When they finally announce the new staff, I hope it will reflect what Veach said last offseason-- that an aggressive mindset would be brought back to the defense. Credit to Clark for putting up the money and credit to Reid for hiring over his son for a new DL coach-- we now have an absolute stud.

It's all on Veach now. The QB is in place and the coaching staff is in place. It's all about the roster.
I thought Spags corners like to drive up field then release. Mostly cover 2/cover3/cover1 zone concepts? Like Corey Webster and Aaron Ross for the Giants.

Though you could be a little more physical in 2007 then you can today at the position.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:19 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by YontsRBake:
I can definitely see Hitchens. He was great in a 4-3 in Dallas, and I’d like to see Speaks start as the strong side DE (I’m not for sure on if Spags designates and flips his DEs) opposite Ford, with Houston playing the Sam.

I think Kpass will improve but won’t see the field much, but I think O’Daniel will really come on and be extremely productive.

I think the guy you could have more potential at possibly saving the career of would be Ragland if he can learn how to play both the Mike and Sam as a rotation guy.
I don't think there's any way we're able to line up with Houston and Ford both here in 2019.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 04:20 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I don't think there's any way we're able to line up with Houston and Ford both here in 2019.
Depends on if Houston agrees to a restructure. I’d prefer to keep Ford over Houston though and then we could figure out the Sam position in the draft.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:21 PM 02-17-2019
I'm interested to see how much time they're going to spend processing and evaluating players like Kpass, Speaks, and Hitchens before deciding to roll or cut bait. The tendency in the past has been to hold on to things for too long or for no good reason. I'm hoping this staff has the ability to ascertain sound and correct decisions quickly, and then to act on them quickly.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 04:22 PM 02-17-2019
There’s a guy that may fall to us in the 2nd that I think would be a good fit at that Sam Spot. Brian Burns from FSU.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:26 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I'm interested to see how much time they're going to spend processing and evaluating players like Kpass, Speaks, and Hitchens before deciding to roll or cut bait. The tendency in the past has been to hold on to things for too long or for no good reason. I'm hoping this staff has the ability to ascertain sound and correct decisions quickly, and then to act on them quickly.

Me too. Speaks is a natural fit. Kpass is a natural DE; let's see if he can just play without having to learn a bunch of coverage shit.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:01 PM 02-17-2019
Hitch isn’t going anywhere due to his contract. Speaks too due to his cheap salary and draft position.

KPass might get dealt in camp if he continues to underperform.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:45 PM 02-17-2019
I know this is a conspiracy theory, but I still feel like Andy Reid was building toward someone else's defense. Either he had confidence Sutton could run a 4-3 similar to Jim Johnson's. Or he was hoping someone like Spags, McDermott, Rivera would become available. Hitch, Speaks, O'Daniel are better fits for this type of defense vs Sutton's. The coaches complaining about Sutton misusing Kpass says something too. Feel like 2018 was supposed to be a transition year for the D. They just never expected the offense to be this damn good so fast.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 06:45 PM 02-17-2019
I know this is a conspiracy theory, but I still feel like Andy Reid was building someone else's defense. Either he had confidence Sutton could run a 4-3 similar to Jim Johnson's. Or he was hoping someone like Spags, McDermott, Rivera would become available. Hitch, Speaks, O'Daniel are better fits for this type of defense vs Sutton's. The coaches complaining about Sutton misusing Kpass says something too. Feel like 2018 was supposed to be a transition year for the D. They just never expected the offense to be this damn good so fast.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:13 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I feel some big breaking news nearing. Not sure why - just a feeling I have.
Nibiru, yellowstone ?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:15 PM 02-17-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I know this is a conspiracy theory, but I still feel like Andy Reid was building someone else's defense. Either he had confidence Sutton could run a 4-3 similar to Jim Johnson's. Or he was hoping someone like Spags, McDermott, Rivera would become available. Hitch, Speaks, O'Daniel are better fits for this type of defense vs Sutton's. The coaches complaining about Sutton misusing Kpass says something too. Feel like 2018 was supposed to be a transition year for the D. They just never expected the offense to be this damn good so fast.
Dude, I've had that same feeling. But then i just kept thinking to myself, nah, Bob Sutton is a god damn moron.
[Reply]
Page 152 of 324
« First < 52102142148149150151152 153154155156162202252 > Last »
Up