ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 144 of 324
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154194244 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:11 PM 02-09-2019
@RealMNchiefsfan: Another aspect of Kentucky reneging on House like this is that it seems at least possible we haven't heard the end of it. The info leaked for a reason. School may not stand up under intense fire over the whole thing.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:14 PM 02-09-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Mahomes effect baby. I'm really excited for the future of this team
If this would have happened two years ago we'd all still be hungover from last week. Or still drunk is another option.
[Reply]
booger 09:29 PM 02-09-2019
https://utahstateaggies.com/coaches....&path=football

Justin Ena

Another name to consider with the House news.

Ties to both Reid and spags. 02-04 LB out of BYU played for Eagles. Jimmy Johnson was DC. Spags and Leslie Frazier were DB coaches. Rivera LBs.

15-18 LB coach for one of Reid’s best friends in coaching Alex Whittingham at Utah. Reid hired His son last year to his first coaching job. So Ena is possibly a name being tossed around now. He wouldn’t want to hire directly from his good friends staff but Ena had already left to become Utah St DC recently.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:54 AM 02-10-2019
@Jacobs71: To have a defensive coaching staff with this kind of postseason exp/success is insane. It shows how far the #Chiefs are willing to push this team over the hump for a Super Bowl. They know what it takes to get to the mountain top and the work that must be put in every day.

@Jacobs71: This is the next sign to me that Clark Hunt, Andy Reid and Brett Veach know how close this team is to greatness and they are going all in to make sure they did everything in their power to put this organization in the necessary position. I think this offseason will be exciting.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:05 PM 02-10-2019
I could have told you that, Nick.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:34 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Britt Reid an assistant now or gone?
There's no way Andy will let him go anywhere else.

But kudos for him allowing him to essentially be "fired" as DL coach.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:37 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
It's clear to me now that this loss, as painful as it was, was the best thing that could have happened to us. If the assembly of this staff is any indication of what we can expect as we start turning the roster over, then buckle the fuck up because it's about to go light speed up in here.

I knew that loss was going to affect Clark and Reid on a lot of different levels, but even I have to admit surprise at how quickly they have done an about-face on half-assed mediocrity. This is nothing but a GREAT sign.

Glory Dayz; lube your anus 'cuz the Chiefs are coming in HARD.
:-)
They know how close they are now, and how hard it is going to be for the Pats to be much better given Brady's age, Gronk's brokedick and their lack of game changers on both sides of the ball.

The Chiefs only need a little nudget to get them over the top and they are going to bring in 20-30 people between players and coaches to get that nudge.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:42 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
They know how close they are now, and how hard it is going to be for the Pats to be much better given Brady's age and their lack of game changers on both sides of the ball.

The Chiefs only need a little nudget to get them over the top and they are going to bring in 20-30 people between players and coaches to get that nudge.
With a defense in the high teens, no major injuries, and a small adjustment to the O-line, I could easily see this team going undefeated.

It's that close and THAT good.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:48 AM 02-11-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
There's no way Andy will let him go anywhere else.

But kudos for him allowing him to essentially be "fired" as DL coach.
Didn't know this. If Reid is allowing his son to be moved about in an effort to get the best people in the best possible positions, that alone should tell you everything you need to know about how serious this has become.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:00 AM 02-11-2019
Think about it; the Chiefs have become something we haven't seen since Montana, and not even THEN was it this consistent. The Chiefs are a team that will ABSOLUTELY adjust and take it to you offensively in the 2nd half. Deficits mean nothing to this offense and to Mahomes; once he finds his rhythm, you can't stop him. He's like a pool player who gets that one good shot and then proceeds to run the table.

The defense did not have that capability, so we are now going to do something very drastic about it.
[Reply]
staylor26 06:39 PM 02-11-2019
From SI’s Monday Morning NFL Podcast:

Originally Posted by :
I once asked an offensive coach, “Do you like playing against Steve Spagnuolo?” He said, “No, I do not.” I said, “Why is that?” He said, “Because you’re never quite sure what he’s going to do.” He brings a lot at you.

[Reply]
RunKC 11:19 PM 02-11-2019
Really hope this guy can develop and find players bc that’s what will be key to success for us short and long term. Belichick found JC Jackson and Jonathan Jones as undrafted players.

Undrafted mother****ers were out there helping take Kelce and Tyreek out of the game. And the undrafted corner before them won them a Super Bowl.

****ing Patriots
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:01 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Really hope this guy can develop and find players bc that’s what will be key to success for us short and long term. Belichick found JC Jackson and Jonathan Jones as undrafted players.

Undrafted mother****ers were out there helping take Kelce and Tyreek out of the game. And the undrafted corner before them won them a Super Bowl.

****ing Patriots
but, there are those that will say coaching is not all that important at the NFL level. Certainly not a difference maker anyway, and that only top talent wins football games.

Meanwhile, yeah, BB wins rings with undrafted guys playing key roles and our defense full of first, second, and third round picks can't get a stop to save their lives.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:13 AM 02-12-2019
Boom! Matt house is unofficially joining the Chiefs! (according to UK insiders on Twitter).....
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:23 AM 02-12-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
but, there are those that will say coaching is not all that important at the NFL level. Certainly not a difference maker anyway, and that only top talent wins football games.

Meanwhile, yeah, BB wins rings with undrafted guys playing key roles and our defense full of first, second, and third round picks can't get a stop to save their lives.
That's why I say just give me guys that are football smart, discipled, won't lose games for you, and will respond to good coaching by running through walls when they're told to.

On a team like this with a QB that's going to command his particular salary range, you're going to be lucky to keep two prime weapons for him, and maybe two or three on the other side of the ball. The rest of that talent you have to hunt for twice as hard than the other guy.
[Reply]
Page 144 of 324
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154194244 > Last »
Up