ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 66 of 72
« First < 16566263646566 67686970 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:36 PM 12-08-2019
Just spill the beans Dave. Jesus fuck.
[Reply]
MahomesKnows 09:38 PM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
Surely this isn't a Painter situation?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:39 PM 12-08-2019
Originally Posted by MahomesKnows:
Surely this isn't a Painter situation?
It's not
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:10 AM 12-09-2019
So long story short 3 members of the Board of Curators flew in to visit with Drinkwitz and assure him he has their full support

Reading between the lines it sure seems like Sterk is a dead man walking for how he handled this.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:46 AM 12-09-2019
Drinkwitz: I like the hire. He’s a young, offensive innovator. Yes, he inherited a good situation at Appalachian State, but he also improved their offense.

Watching their offense, I like what they’re doing. It’s what I’ve wanted at Mizzou for a long time.

It’s a run-heavy spread that will rely on dual threat QBs. High use of misdirection. Multiple option (similar to Malzahn’s system but a bit more pass friendly).

He had experienced coaches on staff at Appy State, so he isn’t afraid to have more veteran guys around to lean on.

The coaching tree is a good one - should be able to find a strong assistant group - and he won some recruiting battles at Appy State against North Carolina and South Carolina from what I can glean.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:26 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
So long story short 3 members of the Board of Curators flew in to visit with Drinkwitz and assure him he has their full support

Reading between the lines it sure seems like Sterk is a dead man walking for how he handled this.
So, how do we grade Sterk after all of this? Do we give him a pass because he ended up with what looks like a good candidate, or do we barbecue his ass for needing the intervention after the floated candidates were roundly rejected?

Do we look kindly upon the Martin hire, or has he been a disappointment?

What about the South EZ? The budget?

Curious as to everyone's thoughts, because I'm pretty torn on him at this point.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:35 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
So, how do we grade Sterk after all of this? Do we give him a pass because he ended up with what looks like a good candidate, or do we barbecue his ass for needing the intervention after the floated candidates were roundly rejected?

Do we look kindly upon the Martin hire, or has he been a disappointment?

What about the South EZ? The budget?

Curious as to everyone's thoughts, because I'm pretty torn on him at this point.
F. Maybe even F-. Firing Odom in a fit of anger because he said mean things only to have the Board of Curators bail your stupid ass out because of 1. A lack of any plan whatsoever to bring a quality candidate in and 2. Having your candidates you eventually do bring to the table get soundly rejected because they suck so bad. Add in the embarrassing losses Martin and the basketball team have put forth and this guy needs taken out behind the woodshed.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:12 AM 12-09-2019
I think Sterk got lucky. Sometimes ADs do. The best thing Alden did was be patient with Pinkel and have it work out. It also could have blown up in his face and cost him his job.

He had to have the Board of Curators members along to bail him out here. He ended up with a good candidate with a ton of upside, but Drinkwitz was someone he should have been talking with from the beginning.

The fact Jeff Monken made his final 3 candidates, along with Skip Holtz, is damning. The fact Troy Calhoun made his top 5 is damning.

I haven’t heard positive things about anything Sterk has done at Mizzou. He’s a distant-emotionally micro manager (worst combo possible) from what I hear.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:20 AM 12-09-2019
How did Sterk get lucky? He was flat out told his candidates weren't acceptable, then the board personally went and gave Drinkwitz the sales pitch. That's fucking embarrassing for Sterk. He essentially had his job done for him. Why is he even still here?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:22 AM 12-09-2019
Being better than Mack Rhoades doesn't make you good.

Then again, even Mack Rhoades has been far better than Mack Rhoades while at Baylor. I guess it's possible that Mizzou was the reason Rhoades sucked but man...Rhoades REALLY sucked.

Sterk's been better than that. Quite a bit better than what Rhoades was here, in fact. But ultimately I can't say he's been terribly good at all. This firing/hiring thing was handled about as poorly as possible. Needing a BoC to save you from yourself when it seems readily apparent that you'd have made a TERRIBLE hire if you had plenary authority is a real problem.

I wouldn't really have a problem with getting this hire wrapped up and then putting his job up for a vote. He's done little to suggest that he's the right guy for this job long-term. Even if the Drinkwitz hire works out, it's clear that Sterk wasn't the architect of it.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:29 AM 12-09-2019
The only thing Sterk did right was the SEZ project, Rhoades plan was going to be a huge waste of funds.
[Reply]
kepp 10:30 AM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Being better than Mack Rhoades doesn't make you good.

Then again, even Mack Rhoades has been far better than Mack Rhoades while at Baylor. I guess it's possible that Mizzou was the reason Rhoades sucked but man...Rhoades REALLY sucked.

Sterk's been better than that. Quite a bit better than what Rhoades was here, in fact. But ultimately I can't say he's been terribly good at all. This firing/hiring thing was handled about as poorly as possible. Needing a BoC to save you from yourself when it seems readily apparent that you'd have made a TERRIBLE hire if you had plenary authority is a real problem.

I wouldn't really have a problem with getting this hire wrapped up and then putting his job up for a vote. He's done little to suggest that he's the right guy for this job long-term. Even if the Drinkwitz hire works out, it's clear that Sterk wasn't the architect of it.
All this. It seems like the BoC had to follow behind him wiping up his messes and finally decided to put him on the bench and handle the hiring themselves. I would think he has to go.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:15 PM 12-09-2019

We have confirmed that #Mizzou will pay new coach Eliah Drinnkwitz $4 million per year, which represents a more than 400 percent raise for Drinkwitz. Story: https://t.co/DAjfOwbUey

— Mitchell Forde (@Mitchell4D) December 9, 2019

[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:19 PM 12-09-2019
Great hire
[Reply]
bowener 12:22 PM 12-09-2019
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
The only thing Sterk did right was the SEZ project, Rhoades plan was going to be a huge waste of funds.
I don't remember so can you fill me in on what Rhoades plan was, please?
[Reply]
Page 66 of 72
« First < 16566263646566 67686970 > Last »
Up