Nzoner's Game Room>something fishy
King_Chief_Fan 01:18 PM 10-14-2019
(5/6) efs call
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/14/someth
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:47 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Correct.
Yeah I was at the Rams game last year and that first quarter was insanely fishy. Fly in special refs just for the game - then they call phantom holding and super phantom targeting on the first drive. Like they had some mission to make sure the Rams didn't get blown out. And then by the second half when it was obvious that wasn't going to happen they just let them play. Even my friend who was at first making fun of me for being paranoid was eventually like - WTF IS GOING ON HERE?

Here's one thing I want to know that NO ONE has answered yet - who makes the call to bring in special refs? And more importantly - who makes the call on which refs get to do to the playoffs? Because that second thing is a massive carrot ROG can use to get refs to do what he wants. And conversely - who made the call to fire that one ref mid-season last year? Is that 100% ROG too? Because there's your stick.

It's not like there has to be some big conspiracy with a smoking gun either. Just bring in the special crew for the Rams game and say something cryptic like "We want to call a tight game, we've noticed a lot of holding and illegal contact by one of the defenses and we want to nip it in the bud". Or whatever. The point is ROG never has to come out and flat say it. But he can still communicate what he wants, and the refs know the carrot or the stick is waiting if they refuse to play ball.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:49 PM 10-14-2019
Refs fucked the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:49 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
One of the comments on PFT was something along the lines of "The Chiefs don't have every call go their way for once and they're crying about it". Jesus some fans are out of touch. Like the Chiefs have a long history of getting all the calls lmao
Lots of people think we are a favored son now, also all the drama of women beating and such our team is hated.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:50 PM 10-14-2019
How in the hell are there only 11 penalties in the box score? We had 10 in the first half!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:50 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
One of the comments on PFT was something along the lines of "The Chiefs don't have every call go their way for once and they're crying about it". Jesus some fans are out of touch. Like the Chiefs have a long history of getting all the calls lmao

Patriots fan.
[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 01:58 PM 10-14-2019
I fucking knew it.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:44 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Yeah I was at the Rams game last year and that first quarter was insanely fishy. Fly in special refs just for the game - then they call phantom holding and super phantom targeting on the first drive. Like they had some mission to make sure the Rams didn't get blown out. And then by the second half when it was obvious that wasn't going to happen they just let them play. Even my friend who was at first making fun of me for being paranoid was eventually like - WTF IS GOING ON HERE?

Here's one thing I want to know that NO ONE has answered yet - who makes the call to bring in special refs? And more importantly - who makes the call on which refs get to do to the playoffs? Because that second thing is a massive carrot ROG can use to get refs to do what he wants. And conversely - who made the call to fire that one ref mid-season last year? Is that 100% ROG too? Because there's your stick.

It's not like there has to be some big conspiracy with a smoking gun either. Just bring in the special crew for the Rams game and say something cryptic like "We want to call a tight game, we've noticed a lot of holding and illegal contact by one of the defenses and we want to nip it in the bud". Or whatever. The point is ROG never has to come out and flat say it. But he can still communicate what he wants, and the refs know the carrot or the stick is waiting if they refuse to play ball.
https://mobile.twitter.com/SharpFoot...35590606528512

Watch that video of the ref plug his ear so he could hear the voice in his headset over the crowd noise.

They get absolute directives from SOMEONE.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03:46 PM 10-14-2019
https://mobile.twitter.com/SharpFoot...35590606528512

Watch that video of the ref plug his ear so he could hear the voice in his headset over the crowd noise.

They get absolute directives from SOMEONE.
Yea from New York
[Reply]
rabblerouser 03:54 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Yea from New York
There's a person named "New York" who talks to the refs earpieces?
[Reply]
iDeaL 04:02 PM 10-14-2019
There's a person named "New York" who talks to the refs earpieces?
Yeah, she was one of the contestants on the show "Flavor of Love" with Flava Flav. She got her own show afterwards, remember? Idk how she got this current gig tho.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 04:14 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by iDeaL:
Yeah, she was one of the contestants on the show "Flavor of Love" with Flava Flav. She got her own show afterwards, remember? Idk how she got this current gig tho.
:-)
:-)
[Reply]
jjchieffan 05:06 PM 10-14-2019
I was reading the comments. Several people were claiming that the Chiefs usually get the favorable calls. Since when?? They rarely get a questionable call in their favor. One of them claimed that Kelce pushes off and holds all the time and gets away with it. That's absurd. If he does push off, it's because he was being held and is just trying to get away from the illegal hold to make a play
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:15 PM 10-14-2019
Think for a second about why the league hired Shawn Hochuli.

Shawn has been an absolutely terrible ref in his short career. He clearly is unqualified for the job and only has it due to nepotism.

Why would the NFL want to hire a bad ref whose only claim to fame is being biceps’ son?

Because he was raised in the good old boy network that is the NFL. No doubt Ed was a league lapdog and instilled in Shawn early in life that he could have a nice payday if he just did what the league told him to.

Shawn has picked up right where his father left off as a league shill, and the NFL hasn’t missed a beat.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:20 PM 10-14-2019
Did we lose the game because of this call? No

BUT...that doesn't mean we didn't get fucked.

It potentially took points off the board and led to points for the other team.

That being said the call itself was bullshit. I listened to PM on 810 tonight for a bit and he said they told him because he had already released the ball and Kelce wasn't the target then it couldn't be DPI.

So essentially what that means is you can hold as long as you hold a guy not being targeted and after the QB lets go of the ball. WTF??? Yeah, Refs fucked that up badly.

At a minimum it was defensive holding. How they totally ignore that for some bullshit and exotic interpretation of "the QB already released the ball" which is inaccurate as well, is fucking bullshit.
[Reply]
petegz28 05:22 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Yea from New York
I have heard them state that the mics are also used for the Refs to talk to each other. Now I didn't see when this happened but were they in the huddle when he did this?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up