ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyrann Mathieu comments postgame?
God of Thunder 12:10 PM 10-14-2019
Any thoughts on Tyrann's comments......?

I can't find a video or an exact quote, but it was something along lines of...

"the guys in the back and in the front need to learn to trust and buy in to the system"

Thoughts? Help me with a video or transcript if you know where it exists.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:42 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by wazu:
So the first option. It's fine, really don't care. I also realize that every INT is precious when it comes time to negotiate his second contract some day so batting one away for any reason is probably not smart.
He batted one away on a Hail Mary. This isn’t a business decision
[Reply]
wazu 12:44 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He batted one away on a Hail Mary. This isn’t a business decision
Cool, sounds good.
[Reply]
Hboosboy 12:46 PM 10-14-2019
Honey Badger is the only one that can make a tackle that’s a starter. Replace Lee with Ragland next game. For the love of god is there any and I mean any LBs out there that are FAs
Shane Ray, Malcolm Smith there are others but I don’t how much any of them would help...
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:47 PM 10-14-2019
Are we really bitching about a interception. What we should be bitching about is Erving allowing a DE to destroy him and then proceed to strip sack fumble Mahomes
Pretty sure Reiter got beat on that one.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:04 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by God of Thunder:
Any thoughts on Tyrann's comments......?

I can't find a video or an exact quote, but it was something along lines of...

"the guys in the back and in the front need to learn to trust and buy in to the system"

Thoughts? Help me with a video or transcript if you know where it exists.
It was clearly an emotional game for him going against his former team. You can tell that during the interview, despite what he said, he was really upset we lost the game that our defense sucked so bad.

Love to see that and hopefully this guy can be the emotional leader for the D like Berry was at one point.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:06 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Pretty sure Reiter got beat on that one.
Look at the replay. It was Erving
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:07 PM 10-14-2019
For the love of god is there any and I mean any LBs out there that are FAs
"Brandon Marshall, Mason Foster among linebackers who could help Chiefs"

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/10/...acker-options/

[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:09 PM 10-14-2019
He said fire Veach
[Reply]
2bikemike 01:10 PM 10-14-2019
You could tell TM was a little frustrated, now ifhe could infect his teammates with that same chippieness!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:14 PM 10-14-2019
Thornhill and Mathieu are fine hell even Ward is. Bashaud Flag me once a drive Breeland is terrible. The linebackers and DL are full of suck
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:17 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
"Brandon Marshall, Mason Foster among linebackers who could help Chiefs"

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/10/...acker-options/
Every single LB realistically available should be working out for the Chiefs right now.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:30 PM 10-14-2019
My only issue with Ty's comments is that I didn't see any anger. I want to see someone on this defense get angry; even over-the-top psycho pissed. And it would be really good if that person was either Ty or Clark.

They need to call a players-only team meeting. Specifically the front-seven. The secondary actually played fairly well yesterday. Maybe they could skip it.

But they need to call each other out, face-to-face, and have a "Come to Jesus" moment, and buy into the system/Spags/Daly, or this defensive unit is toast. The interior DL play isn't good, and there's no reason for Jones, Williams and Nnadi to not understand their assignments by now. AT LEAST ON 80% OF THEIR SNAPS.

And the LBs are either learning impaired and shouldn't be football players, or they need to get really angry at themselves, because their play has been ridiculously bad with no measurable improvement since week 1. And most of that can be tied to lack of aggression. Which is ridiculous for a LINEBACKER.

But you can't stop the run without solid DT and LB play, period. DEs, DBs, and Safeties aren't responsible for RBs running between the tackles. And we aren't getting gashed outside. We're getting gashed right up the gut.

Ty has to be a respected member of this team and on the defense; if he has to he needs to light a fire under these guys up front.

Someone does before too much longer.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:33 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
My only issue with Ty's comments is that I didn't see any anger. I want to see someone on this defense get angry; even over-the-top psycho pissed. And it would be really good if that person was either Ty or Clark.

They need to call a players-only team meeting. Specifically the front-seven. The secondary actually played fairly well yesterday. Maybe they could skip it.

But they need to call each other out, face-to-face, and have a "Come to Jesus" moment, and buy into the system/Spags/Daly, or this defensive unit is toast. The interior DL play isn't good, and there's no reason for Jones, Williams and Nnadi to not understand their assignments by now. AT LEAST ON 80% OF THEIR SNAPS.

And the LBs are either learning impaired and shouldn't be football players, or they need to get really angry at themselves, because their play has been ridiculously bad with no measurable improvement since week 1. And most of that can be tied to lack of aggression. Which is ridiculous for a LINEBACKER.

But you can't stop the run without solid DT and LB play, period. DEs, DBs, and Safeties aren't responsible for RBs running between the tackles. And we aren't getting gashed outside. We're getting gashed right up the gut.

Ty has to be a respected member of this team and on the defense; if he has to he needs to light a fire under these guys up front.

He looked like he was about to cry
[Reply]
BossChief 01:36 PM 10-14-2019
What’s the deal with Mason Foster still being a FA?

That dude is a good player.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 01:36 PM 10-14-2019
He looked like he was about to cry
He def was. He wanted that win badly and his former teammates were constantly talking shit to him while our D played like shit. Had to be tough...

Originally Posted by Megatron96:

I think Ty is well respected. I don't think he is an angry type of player. He seems more like a laid back chill type of dude. He plays with passion though.

As far as anger type leader I'd rather see an intimidating guy like Frank Clark or another LB, be that type of leader. Unfortunately Clark sucks and so do our other LBs so that ain't happening.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up