ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The PI call that the refs voluntarily overturned
bobbything 05:15 PM 10-13-2019
You know, the one on Mahomes’ interception. The refs called pass interference, announced the call, and then huddled together and voluntarily overturned their own call after they announced it.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. Someone explain how that happens without a challenge.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:44 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
That push down is not the reason Kelce is falling. His ass was already going down from losing his own balance. Further, the call was not defensive holding. It was PI...The ball was un-catchable for any Chiefs receiver. There is no PI. There is no holding. It's over. Move on. :-)
I guarantee he knows the NFL rulebook better than your dumb ass, so I put more stock in what Dungy says over some stupid Broncos Homer trolling on a Chiefs mb.
[Reply]
ScareCrowe 11:55 AM 10-14-2019
That push down is not the reason Kelce is falling. His ass was already going down from losing his own balance. Further, the call was not defensive holding. It was PI...The ball was un-catchable for any Chiefs receiver. There is no PI. There is no holding. It's over. Move on. :-)
No kidding, I think the point is that the call should have been holding. Which of course is called regardless of where the ball is thrown because holding takes place before the ball is thrown.

And if Kelcey is already going down on his own it's stupid for the defender to place his hand on his head as it makes it look like he is pushing him down. (mainly because that's exactly what he was doing)
[Reply]
DanT 12:08 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
So I will ask again. Based on the rule interpretation every eligible receiver who isn't the intended receiver can literally be abused once the ball is in the air?

They can be abused the way that a defender can abuse any other player on offense. That's the way the rules are and that is exactly how they should be. Receivers are just like anybody else on the offense, unless they have a play on the forward pass while it is in flight.
[Reply]
DanT 12:09 PM 10-14-2019
Exactly!

Kelce got handled on that play. He needs to figure out how to avoid getting locked up off the line of scrimmage.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:09 PM 10-14-2019
Because the ball was already in the air and the pass wasn't to Kelsey. Ergo pass interference is impossible. That's more of an embarrassment that one of the referees called it to begin with.

I watched it again. The ball wasn’t in the air when Kelce was tackled.

Why wasn’t that defensive holding? You can tackle the TE now?
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:10 PM 10-14-2019
It's clear from the officials' ruling that the defender was not touching Kelce prior to the ball being thrown, and then he immediately jumped onto Kelce and grabbed him to ... throw him off of his downfield blocking assignment?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 12:17 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I watched it again. The ball wasn’t in the air when Kelce was tackled.

Why wasn’t that defensive holding? You can tackle the TE now?
Exactly.

DanT and GarciaBronco need to rewatch the play, because they're both coming off as morons who have zero fucking clue what they're talking about.
[Reply]
SupDock 12:25 PM 10-14-2019
I don't give a shit what Dungy says. He's not an expert in physics. Further...holding was not the call. You can't commit PI when the ball is no where near anymore that can catch it. Of course none of you seem to acknowledge the holding/tackle by the Chief left tackle.
You are wrong. And here come the whataboutism.
[Reply]
philfree 12:28 PM 10-14-2019
Illegal Contact
[Reply]
Dayze 12:30 PM 10-14-2019
let's bring in our rules expert to explain what you just witnessed as a viewer, isn't a penalty.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:58 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
When Dungy on NBC calls it out at a bullshit call, and that it should have been defensive holding, 5 yards, 1st down Chiefs...I'm sorry but I think it was indeed what we thought it was during the game...notice they did not show when the ball was released on the broadcast...Kelce was already being held, that's why Mahomes threw it up, he figured he had a free play. You could tell both he and Reid were arguing that by reading their lips.

Whatever. It was a drive killer, and the Chiefs were already struggling. Having the refs throw a flag and the pick it up the way they did...****ing unreal bullshit.
He thought he had a free play?

What a bunch of horseshit that was.

There were about three other flags that were picked up after refs conferred. Wonder which team benefited from those.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:01 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
He thought he had a free play?

What a bunch of horseshit that was.

There were about three other flags that were picked up after refs conferred. Wonder which team benefited from those.
What does that have to do with this?
[Reply]
crayzkirk 01:17 PM 10-14-2019
It's over, it's done. We have to move on. Like the Saints getting jobbed last year, no one is going to change anything. There might be an "I'm sorry we messed up that call" from the league office. Clark Hunt will just get that along with his check for being a good boy and not making any waves.

Move along, nothing to see here!
[Reply]
Mosbonian 01:41 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by DanT:
They can be abused the way that a defender can abuse any other player on offense. That's the way the rules are and that is exactly how they should be. Receivers are just like anybody else on the offense, unless they have a play on the forward pass while it is in flight.
So....if a DB wants to trip, grab, tackle or otherwise physically harass a receiver to whom the ball is not being thrown there is no penalty?

I know what I would be telling my players.....once the ball is in the air and you see it isn't coming to the guy you are covering, knock the crap out of him.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:07 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by SupDock:
What does that have to do with this?
Not sure what you mean. It’s a thread about officiating right?
[Reply]
Page 9 of 17
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up