ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The PI call that the refs voluntarily overturned
bobbything 05:15 PM 10-13-2019
You know, the one on Mahomes’ interception. The refs called pass interference, announced the call, and then huddled together and voluntarily overturned their own call after they announced it.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. Someone explain how that happens without a challenge.
[Reply]
DanT 08:12 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
He was getting mauled. Maybe you could argue within the 5 yards but way enough for mahomes to see that then the flag and believe that's what was being called.

That's total horseshit on the refs and the NFL should call it out. Regardless of right or wrong, you can't give the qb a free play then pick the flag up.
One of my top 100 favorite things about Mahomes, the best player I've ever seen, is that he will try to take advantage of calls against the defense, but there is no fuckin' law that the refs are supposed to call any and every foul on the defense. A QB should not assume that it's a risk-free decision to try to get a free downfield shot just because a tight end got mugged by someone way the fuck smaller than the tight end.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 08:13 PM 10-13-2019
the refs suck, even with replay they get the calls wrong. even with replay.
[Reply]
kcpasco 08:14 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
the refs suck, even with replay they get the calls wrong. even with replay.
I will positive rep you death. Even being a dirty donk.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:20 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by DanT:
One of my top 100 favorite things about Mahomes, the best player I've ever seen, is that he will try to take advantage of calls against the defense, but there is no ****in' law that the refs are supposed to call any and every foul on the defense. A QB should not assume that it's a risk-free decision to try to get a free downfield shot just because a tight end got mugged by someone way the **** smaller than the tight end.
Even if the refs actually throw the flag and call the penalty?
[Reply]
highBOLTage 08:21 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
You know, the one on Mahomes’ interception. The refs called pass interference, announced the call, and then huddled together and voluntarily overturned their own call after they announced it.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. Someone explain how that happens without a challenge.
Pretty common. Just happened in steelers game.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:23 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by DanT:
Lately in both baseball and football, there has been a big emphasis on officials getting calls right and I've become accustomed to seeing umpires in baseball and officials in football correcting ridiculous calls. In this instance, a penalty was called on Kelce, who was not the targeted receiver. The call was announced to the fans, but one or more of the officials must have realized that it did not make any sense, as there was no way the call could be considered pass intereference and, it turns out, there is no way that the action that drew the flag, the grounding of Kelce, could be flagged because the ball was flying over his head when Kelce was hitting the ground.

It was simply a bad call, which the officials corrected. That's how it's supposed to work. That's how it has been working lately in sports. I've seen more calls be corrected by officiating crews on their own initiative in the past 10 years than I ever saw in the 30 to 40 years before then. I have zero problem with them doing that, fixing stupid calls.

I want the Chiefs to beat other teams. We weren't the better team today. The officials didn't have shit to do with that.
right, it's called 'illegal contact', and it's a 5 yd penalty + automatic 1st down.

Unless they've made it legal to tackle receivers as long they're not the target and I missed it.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:24 PM 10-13-2019
It was a terrible pass regardless.
[Reply]
bobbything 08:28 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by highBOLTage:
Pretty common. Just happened in steelers game.
They threw a flag, got together, announced the penalty, had the team accept the penalty, then huddled up after all that and reversed the call?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:28 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
It was a terrible pass regardless.
It was a terrible pass because mahomes thought it was a free play. That's the part that makes the refs actions bullshit. If you give the qb every indication it's a free play, then refs should own their mistake.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:31 PM 10-13-2019
They threw a flag, got together, announced the penalty, had the team accept the penalty, then huddled up after all that and reversed the call?
That did NOT happen in the Steelers game.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 08:31 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It was a terrible pass because mahomes thought it was a free play. That's the part that makes the refs actions bullshit. If you give the qb every indication it's a free play, then refs should own their mistake.
EXACTLY.
[Reply]
kcpasco 08:32 PM 10-13-2019
Seriously fuck that call, I wish Aids upon whoever was involved. Coughing up blood and crying for help. Yes I’m a POS.
[Reply]
highBOLTage 08:37 PM 10-13-2019
They announced a change of possession. Said "first down pittsburgh," huddled up, threw a flag, and changed possession. Changing a call after it is announced is not uncommon.
[Reply]
bobbything 08:41 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by highBOLTage:
They announced a change of possession. Said "first down pittsburgh," huddled up, threw a flag, and changed possession. Changing a call after it is announced is not uncommon.
I can’t envision what you’re trying to describe but it doesn’t sound anything like what I’m talking about.
[Reply]
KCTitus 08:59 PM 10-13-2019
This call was a game changing call...a complete game changer.. If KC is allowed to continue, they score at this point in the game. That score changes the game.

I firmly believe the NFL is rigged...and IDGAF if that's the case and KC wins a SB...but this league is fucking bullshit and it's rigged.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 17
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up