ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Sit Patrick for the Broncos Game to Allow Ankle to Heal?
Sit him for the Broncos Game to give his ankle a rest. 46 39.66%
Play him and hope for the best 61 52.59%
Patrick needs to take a hot tub photo shoot with Gaz in mid Tequila Rose inebriation 9 7.76%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Thoughts on Mahomie Sitting Out Broncos Game
Otter 03:47 PM 10-13-2019
What do you gentleman think about sitting Patrick out for the Broncos game to let his ankle heal up?

We don’t have a bye week until 5 more weeks and taking an injury in mid healing stage and reinjuring the tissue over and over is a recipe for disaster. I was at his debut in Mile High Stadium and it may be just the jolt he needs to get back in grove but he’s our future for years to come. I’m thinking the long-term here it may be better to let that ankle heal up.

Thoughts?
[Reply]
KC Hawks 03:53 PM 10-13-2019
I think the ankle will just have to be something he deals with all season. I'm not sure how much sitting out will help.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 03:54 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
It is not a bad idea in theory but with this defense and the back-up QB being Matt Moore, the Chiefs would be looking at a guaranteed third straight loss.
And how many straight would they lose with Moore and Henne playing the remainder of the season thanks to exacerbating an existing injury on a short week?
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:55 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
No way, you play him but actually call a gameplan that isn't out of the Mike Martz playbook.
[Reply]
jspchief 03:56 PM 10-13-2019
Fuck no. You don't sit your star player unless he can't play. Every single game matters.

What you do is draw up a game plan that limits his exposure to hits. You run the ball more than 10 fuckng times. You call plays that get the ball out of his hands quickly.

This offense has way too many good skill players to have to rely on Mahomes throwing 30 yards downfield every play. If Andy is such an offensive genius, start running an offense that protects the QB from unnecessary hits.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 03:56 PM 10-13-2019
There's a mini bye-week right after the Donks game.
Let him rest up afterwards.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:56 PM 10-13-2019
This beats the stupidest Ubeja thread by a mile.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 03:57 PM 10-13-2019
We should consider it. With Andy willfully making the team 1 dimensional the Broncos will kill Mahomes.

Which, apparently, is some kind of goal on offense now.

I'm not sincere here. I'm annoyed.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 03:57 PM 10-13-2019
Should have been a public poll so we can make fun of the mouth breathers.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:58 PM 10-13-2019
Beating a good running team with Moore under center?

Yeah, no thanks. We can't risk losing and go to 4-3.
[Reply]
Iconic 03:59 PM 10-13-2019
if the play calling keeps exposing him the way they have id be okay with it. he's been grimacing after almost every play lately. rather him be fully healed than at risk for injury every game.

but really like others have said, if they switched their play calling to short drops and running the ball this wouldn't even be a fucking issue.
[Reply]
Otter 03:59 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I think it’s a totally legit consideration.
I also think it might shake things up a bit as a by product. Show the rest of the team they need to improvise and adapt and not rely on Patrick magic so much.

But the ankle is the main concern.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:00 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by jspchief:
Fuck no. You don't sit your star player unless he can't play. Every single game matters.

What you do is draw up a game plan that limits his exposure to hits. You run the ball more than 10 fuckng times. You call plays that get the ball out of his hands quickly.

This offense has way too many good skill players to have to rely on Mahomes throwing 30 yards downfield every play. If Andy is such an offensive genius, start running an offense that protects the QB from unnecessary hits.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I got downvoted 8 times for suggesting exactly that
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:00 PM 10-13-2019
Regardless, Andy needs to dial back the Mahomes playing “hero ball” strategy.

When the Chiefs were scheming it up with screens/short passes today, they were moving the ball fine.

When they were relying on Mahomes Magic on every play... not so much.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 04:02 PM 10-13-2019
Not even a question he plays. 10 days off after.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 04:02 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Beating a good running team with Moore under center?

Yeah, no thanks. We can't risk losing and go to 4-3.
We're going 4-3 regardless.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up