ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The "Watson can be as good as Mahomes" media campaign
UChieffyBugger 10:51 AM 10-11-2019
That's started ahead of Sunday's game is just ridiculous to me. I couldn't see the other Watson/Mahomes thread so I thought I'd share the footage here.

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

It's interesting that folks are down in Pat for his last two games of which he's thrown 636 yards, one TD and no Ints with a game winning drive included in the mix. And that's without mentioning his and the teams injuries. And yet they aren't mentioning Watson's two games against the Jaggs and the Panthers of which he didn't even even throw a TD in either game and threw for less than 161 yards on both occasions!!..they also have seemingly forgotten his dismal performance In the playoffs against the Colts too!!.

I respect Watson and he'll no doubt cause problems on Sunday!!..but the fickle nature of the media is just stunning to me. They did the same thing when we played the Ravens and they hyped up Jackson!!..hopefully Pat will respond the same way.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:16 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
Watson is legit. Houston has a better roster than us. How sad is that?
Almost as sad as all the pissing you did on people who pointed out these shortcomings and how they would affect us long long ago.
[Reply]
eDave 02:16 PM 10-13-2019
Get used to it now.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:38 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
Get ready for some of that exposure that comes with national media attention, bud.
Well no shit with the refs and the shitty defense it's exactly what the NFL wanted a marquee name recognition in Texas.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:44 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Well no shit with the refs and the shitty defense it's exactly what the NFL wanted a marquee name recognition in Texas.
The NFL is angling to get marquee name recognition in Texas by the Chiefs having a dogshit defense and "refs". LOL

Originally Posted by me:
Even then... what the fuck does all that publicity matter if our team doesn't win anything? When we prove we can win the important games... win it all, then the Chiefs will get all the publicity they can handle. Until then we should be happy to stay in our lane and laugh at these dumbass talking-heads as we hoist a trophy (I'll "settle" for the Lamar Hunt Trophy).
This team deserves *ZERO* run on a national level outside of the glory that is Mahomes and Reek.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 03:49 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Monkey God:
Based on today's performance/result...seems to be a very legitimate conversation. Stats close to equal and Watson get the "W" in Pat's house.
But you can't base everything on one game though. Pats lost to the Jaggs, Dolphins, Lions etc last year..were those qb's equal to Brady?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:49 PM 10-13-2019
The NFL is angling to get marquee name recognition in Texas by the Chiefs having a dogshit defense and "refs".

This team deserves *ZERO* run on a national level outside of the glory that is Mahomes and Reek.
Nice attitude you have there nephew
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:05 PM 10-13-2019
Nice attitude you have there nephew
It is a realistic attitude based on a lifetime of failure from the team I follow, Unc.

I understand why people are tripping all over themselves in a rush to announce to the world that THE CHIEFS HAVE ARRIVED because of Mahomes (and because we haven't seen anything like him before) but... fuck, having a "good attitude" has gotten us exactly what?

We will get "exposure" when we deserve it... good or bad. Until then, whinging about comparisons between two *REALLY* good QB's is silly. Demanding more coverage is dumb.

If and when then Chiefs learn to play football we will get all the coverage you can handle. Until then... be glad they aren't already asking if Mahomes is gonna stick around this shit show when it is time to get a new contract.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 04:12 PM 10-13-2019
Watson had a 54 rating (pat 96) and tried to give us the game with that awful pick
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:16 PM 10-13-2019
It is a realistic attitude based on a lifetime of failure from the team I follow.

I understand why people are tripping all over themselves in a rush to announce to the world that THE CHIEFS HAVE ARRIVED because of Mahomes (and because we haven't seen anything like him before) but... fuck, having a "good attitude" has gotten us exactly what?

We will get "exposure" when we deserve it... good or bad. Until then, whinging about comparisons between two *REALLY* good QB's is silly. Demanding more coverage is dumb.

If and when then Chiefs learn to play football we will get all the coverage you can handle. Until then... be glad they aren't already asking if Mahomes is gonna stick around this shit show when it is time to get a new contract.

It's not "realism", you see come here with a totally different perspective, because again this ChiefsPlanet was the grassroots movement that changed the Pioli regime then going through Alex and then hitting on Mahomes. If we all are indifferent with this talent in Mahomes in general then essentially this fanbase is no better than the average big market clubs who's as fairweather as it gets.

Demanding the exposure is basis why CP started SOC, if we didn't Pioli and his cronies would still be here
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:17 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
But you can't base everything on one game though. Pats lost to the Jaggs, Dolphins, Lions etc last year..were those qb's equal to Brady?
So is your argument that, come playoff time, Mahomes is going to tell the team 'me and coach have 6 SB victories and HERE'S IS HOW IT'S GONNA BE?'
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 05:20 PM 10-13-2019
It's not "realism", you see come here with a totally different perspective, because again this ChiefsPlanet was the grassroots movement that changed the Pioli regime then going through Alex and then hitting on Mahomes. If we all are indifferent with this talent in Mahomes in general then essentially this fanbase is no better than the average big market clubs who's as fairweather as it gets.

Demanding the exposure is basis why CP started SOC, if we didn't Pioli and his cronies would still be here
Demanding change from the leadership is nowhere even remotely in the same realm as demanding more media attention and taking offense a QB got compared to another.

Funny... Mahomes gets compared to Watson and people lose their shit.

Aikman gets snippy when Mahomes gets compared to him and...

Inferiority complex much?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:52 PM 10-13-2019
Demanding change from the leadership is nowhere even remotely in the same realm as demanding more media attention and taking offense a QB got compared to another.

Funny... Mahomes gets compared to Watson and people lose their shit.

Aikman gets snippy when Mahomes gets compared to him and...

Inferiority complex much?
You simply don't get it
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 06:04 PM 10-13-2019
You simply don't get it
How when it comes from you, or other fans, "defending" our guy and demanding media attention it isn't an "inferiority complex"? Or the irony in you pointing out someone else's inferiority complex while completely refusing to acknowledge your own?

God damm right, It's now we have a chance to watch and attain news coverage. So yeah, I have a fucking opinion about it after watching most of my life the Chiefs being an afterthought.

So don't give me fucking bullshit about that
No... I don't get it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:05 PM 10-13-2019
Watson was trash today, drops or not.

He'll never be Mahomes. Checkdown artist.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 06:07 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He'll never be Mahomes.
Mahomes is the product of Zeus fucking around on earth again and Pat Sr. is being a bro about it.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up