ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The "Watson can be as good as Mahomes" media campaign
UChieffyBugger 10:51 AM 10-11-2019
That's started ahead of Sunday's game is just ridiculous to me. I couldn't see the other Watson/Mahomes thread so I thought I'd share the footage here.

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

It's interesting that folks are down in Pat for his last two games of which he's thrown 636 yards, one TD and no Ints with a game winning drive included in the mix. And that's without mentioning his and the teams injuries. And yet they aren't mentioning Watson's two games against the Jaggs and the Panthers of which he didn't even even throw a TD in either game and threw for less than 161 yards on both occasions!!..they also have seemingly forgotten his dismal performance In the playoffs against the Colts too!!.

I respect Watson and he'll no doubt cause problems on Sunday!!..but the fickle nature of the media is just stunning to me. They did the same thing when we played the Ravens and they hyped up Jackson!!..hopefully Pat will respond the same way.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:02 AM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
It's now we have a chance to watch and attain news coverage. So yeah, I have a fucking opinion about it after watching most of my life the Chiefs being an afterthought.

So don't give me fucking bullshit about that
Let's throw this comment back in time and see how it holds up.

Picture it, Kansas City, 2003. A young group of men have won 9 consecutive games and look to break a 19 year playoff slump.

How did that season turn out for us? A loss in the "No Punt Game". What happened to us after that?

Fast forward to the next time we deserved national media attention after our Chiefs being an afterthought for a decade.

Picture it, Kansas City, 2013. A young group of men have won 9 consecutive games and look to break a 29 year playoff slump.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2013...eturn-spoiled/

How did that season turn out for us? Another loss to the Colts where we coughed up a 28 point lead.

---

While I understand your passion... you are putting the cart before the horse, counting chickens before they hatch, casting pearls before swine, and I'm sure there are a few other proverbs that would fit in here as well.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:45 AM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by rico:
A large percentage of the balls I’ve watched Watson throw (I’ve watched a lot) have been straight up wobble-launchers that he has been consistently and luckily bailed out on by his WR’s.

Dude will be an afterthought eventually. Mahomes is the future.

**** Watson.
This.

It's the biggest "who gives a fuck" ever.

No one cares what the talking heads say except for absolute morons.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:23 AM 10-12-2019
No chiefs fan would want Watson over Mahomes so Idgaf what everyone is saying
[Reply]
kccrow 08:37 AM 10-12-2019
The only QB that inhabits the same stratosphere of skill as Patrick Mahomes is Aaron Rodgers. I really don't see the ability to compare any other QB to him. Sure, Brady, Brees, Wilson, and so forth are great QBs but in a different way. Watson isn't all that good of a QB, much less be discussed in the same light as any of those guys.
[Reply]
-King- 10:15 AM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by kccrow:
The only QB that inhabits the same stratosphere of skill as Patrick Mahomes is Aaron Rodgers. I really don't see the ability to compare any other QB to him. Sure, Brady, Brees, Wilson, and so forth are great QBs but in a different way. Watson isn't all that good of a QB, much less be discussed in the same light as any of those guys.
7200 yards 56 touchdowns 18 INT on 66% completion and a 105 passer rating in 27 starts.

Yeah he's not all that good of a QB.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:22 AM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
This.

It's the biggest "who gives a ****" ever.

No one cares what the talking heads say except for absolute morons.
Let me guess...you're gonna CRY to the mods about this thread too, right dummy? :-)
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 10:28 AM 10-12-2019
Watson is a great QB. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves. He’s had plenty of shit to deal with: BoB being a bad, uninspiring coach who runs a bland offense, a garbage o line, no TEs/depth at WR (depth at WR has been fixed this season), and no consistent running game. He still produces and straight up wins them games despite all of this. I’d say he’s in the tier below Mahomes/Rodgers/Wilson, but he’s top-5 in the league right now in my eyes.
[Reply]
rico 10:39 AM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Watson is a great QB. Anyone who says otherwise is fooling themselves. He’s had plenty of shit to deal with: BoB being a bad, uninspiring coach who runs a bland offense, a garbage o line, no TEs/depth at WR (depth at WR has been fixed this season), and no consistent running game. He still produces and straight up wins them games despite all of this. I’d say he’s in the tier below Mahomes/Rodgers/Wilson, but he’s top-5 in the league right now in my eyes.
Watson’s career ceiling is mediocre at best on a long-term scale and I am not fooling myself.

Mahomes’s career ceiling is best ever.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 11:19 AM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
No chiefs fan would want Watson over Mahomes so Idgaf what everyone is saying

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:22 AM 10-12-2019

[Reply]
RealSNR 11:29 AM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
There exists a timeline in which Patrick Mahomes was drafted #1 overall by the Cleveland Browns.

In that timeline, Hitler is still alive.
[Reply]
CanadaKC 11:38 AM 10-12-2019
When Watson was doing the first down chop a couple times while losing the playoff game pretty badly spoke volumes to me
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:10 PM 10-12-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
There exists a timeline in which Patrick Mahomes was drafted #1 overall by the Cleveland Browns.

In that timeline, Hitler is still alive.
They’re so stupid they’d still probably pass on Pat if give. Another chance. So cursed
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:12 PM 10-12-2019
eXCELLENt :-)

Major General -
A troop of cattle rustlers approaches. Their captain is often compared to myself but their most dangerous soldier is Lt Hopkins, whose long range strikes are deleterious. Our infirmary tent overflows but the cannon has been braced for heavy fire.
- Capt. Mahomes

— Capt. Patrick Mahomes (@CaptMahomesII) October 11, 2019

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:20 PM 10-12-2019

I want to feel like this when KC beats the Pat's and then the Championship, because the media will be forced to stroke the Arrowhead dick
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up