ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The "Watson can be as good as Mahomes" media campaign
UChieffyBugger 10:51 AM 10-11-2019
That's started ahead of Sunday's game is just ridiculous to me. I couldn't see the other Watson/Mahomes thread so I thought I'd share the footage here.

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

It's interesting that folks are down in Pat for his last two games of which he's thrown 636 yards, one TD and no Ints with a game winning drive included in the mix. And that's without mentioning his and the teams injuries. And yet they aren't mentioning Watson's two games against the Jaggs and the Panthers of which he didn't even even throw a TD in either game and threw for less than 161 yards on both occasions!!..they also have seemingly forgotten his dismal performance In the playoffs against the Colts too!!.

I respect Watson and he'll no doubt cause problems on Sunday!!..but the fickle nature of the media is just stunning to me. They did the same thing when we played the Ravens and they hyped up Jackson!!..hopefully Pat will respond the same way.
[Reply]
In58men 10:52 AM 10-11-2019
Why do you Chief fans care so much about other QBs being compared to Mahomes?

Like, who cares?
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:54 AM 10-11-2019
Even the local media is doing it too. It's annoying as hell.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:55 AM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
That's started ahead of Sunday's game is just ridiculous to me. I couldn't see the other Watson/Mahomes thread so I thought I'd share the footage here.

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

It's interesting that folks are down in Pat for his last two games of which he's thrown 636 yards, one TD and no Ints with a game winning drive included in the mix. And that's without mentioning his and the teams injuries. And yet they aren't mentioning Watson's two games against the Jaggs and the Panthers of which he didn't even even throw a TD in either game and threw for less than 161 yards on both occasions!!..they also have seemingly forgotten his dismal performance In the playoffs against the Colts too!!.

I respect Watson and he'll no doubt cause problems on Sunday!!..but the fickle nature of the media is just stunning to me. They did the same thing when we played the Ravens and they hyped up Jackson!!..hopefully Pat will respond the same way.
Who the fuck cares what talking heads have to say about anything? Their job is to create clicks and that is exactly what you are giving them.

WE HAVE MAHOMES. NOTHING ELSE (other than keeping him healthy and loaded with weapons) MATTERS.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:55 AM 10-11-2019
Because Mahomes needs rivals.

Batman needs a Joker.

Just let it happen.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:56 AM 10-11-2019
He’s a good QB and they were in the same draft class. The comparisons will happen.

Think about Carmelo and LeBron early in their careers. Both have had hall of fame careers. Both are small forwards. Both drafted in the same class. Both had a ton of hype (Melo from winning the title with Syracuse and LeBron from his high school days).

Lots of comparisons early on. LeBron clearly distanced himself each year though. Now it’s not a comparison at all.

Mahomes vs Watson is the same deal. Watson will have a fine career. Mahomes is otherworldly though. After awhile, the comparisons will die.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:56 AM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:

Like, who cares?
Odd way to phrase the question coming from a Chiefs fan.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:56 AM 10-11-2019

Like, who cares?
Watson is a good QB..but don't use the last two games to beat Pat over the head and then ignore Watson's two games against the Jags and Panthers (two of the best defenses he's faced which is interesting) of which he was pathetic. It shouldn't work that way.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:59 AM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
He’s a good QB and they were in the same draft class. The comparisons will happen.

Think about Carmelo and LeBron early in their careers. Both have had hall of fame careers. Both are small forwards. Both drafted in the same class. Both had a ton of hype (Melo from winning the title with Syracuse and LeBron from his high school days).

Lots of comparisons early on. LeBron clearly distanced himself each year though. Now it’s not a comparison at all.

Mahomes vs Watson is the same deal. Watson will have a fine career. Mahomes is otherworldly though. After awhile, the comparisons will die.
Great post!!..just tired of the hypocrisy of the media when it comes to Pat.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:04 AM 10-11-2019

Like, who cares?
Why does anybody object to content discussion when it involves Chiefs on this place? I don't fucking get it.

Why do you care about Chiefs fans who get kinda peeved when sports people put out BS fake news when it comes to other QBs? Sure, those networks do it to drum up interest. Just because you understand the reason behind something doesn't mean it's not wrong.

It's false that Watson is as good as Mahomes. Both physically and mentally. I can't name one aspect of Deshaun Watson's game other than his scrambling speed that I'd rather have than Mahomes. He's the inferior QB. There is no competition between the two. They're on completely different planets.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:04 AM 10-11-2019
Watson still struggles to read coverage, especially on third down.

The Chiefs are 8th in pass defense. Spags is going to disguise coverages and make Watson hold the ball.

I think we see a couple turnovers Sunday.

Watson is a good QB, but doesn't have Mahomes arm or elite ability to see the field. They were saying on 610 how, after his horrible game against Carolina, they simplified the offense for him somewhat.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:05 AM 10-11-2019
JFC the OP should disconnect from all media to protect his sanity.

Every thing you see/hear/read that might be a negative or non-positive slant towards the Chiefs triggers you into starting a new thread.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:05 AM 10-11-2019
Imagine the narrative if Houston wins Sunday which is likely
[Reply]
Hoover 11:05 AM 10-11-2019
It's perfect. Its just what the Doctor ordered for the Chiefs, a big dose of disrespect.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:06 AM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Why does anybody object to content discussion when it involves Chiefs on this place? I don't fucking get it.

Why do you care about Chiefs fans who get kinda peeved when sports people put out BS fake news when it comes to other QBs? Sure, those networks do it to drum up interest. Just because you understand the reason behind something doesn't mean it's not wrong.

It's false that Watson is as good as Mahomes. Both physically and mentally. I can't name one aspect of Deshaun Watson's game other than his scrambling speed that I'd rather have than Mahomes. He's the inferior QB. There is no competition between the two. They're on completely different planets.
YIP!!!!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 9
1 2345 > Last »
Up