ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 19
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mcdonalds Mcrib is back
Demonpenz 11:47 PM 12-23-2007
december 2007

McDonald’s is brining back the restaurant industry’s most-popular limited-time offer, the McRib.

For nearly a quarter century, the sandwich has developed such a faithful following that the cartoon comedy, “The Simpsons,” parodied the LTO and thousands of fans travel from state to state just to eat the sandwich at different stores.

According to a news release, the McRib sandwich has regrouped and is giving its fans one last encore presentation during the “McRib Farewell Tour II.”

Rising success could be seen all along atchison's roadway this past saturday though it's early to deem the new catchphrase for mcrib a success. "The Mcribb, It's not bad!" slogan first started hitting the airwaves this past thanksgiving.

Since Oct. 30, select McDonald’s have served the boneless pork rib patty topped with pickles, onions and tangy BBQ sauce on a special McRib bun.

“There was such a huge show of support for the McRib last year that we decided to bring it back,” said Jerome Elenez, marketing director, McDonald’s Greater Southwest Region. “We are excited to promote the ‘McRib Farewell Tour II’ and give our loyal McRib customers one last chance to enjoy the savory sandwich.”

After this limited-time offer, McRib will be retired from the McDonald’s menu forever. So they say, any way.

McDonald’s is telling McRib fans to sign a petition at MCRIB.COM to let the company know that the McRib should stay.
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 04:48 AM 12-25-2007
"Soylent McRib is People!"
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:32 AM 12-25-2007
Calling a McRib bbq is like calling the Chiefs a playoff contender.
[Reply]
pikesome 08:35 AM 12-25-2007
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Calling a McRib bbq is like calling the Chiefs a playoff contender.
At least the McRib is formed in the shape of BBQ. Not so the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:52 AM 12-25-2007
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
McRib Nutritional Info:
490 calories, 220 calories from fat, 25 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 75 mg cholesterol, 1040 mb sodium, 44 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein, 11 g sugars.

McRib Ingredients
McRib Patty: Boneless pork (Pork, water, salt, dextrose, citric acid, BHA, TBHQ).
McRib Bun: Flour (wheat flour bleached and enriched with thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, iron, folic acid, malted barley flour), water, high fructose corn syrup, yeast, vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated soybean oil, cottonseed oil). Contains 2 percent or less of dextrose, fumaric acid, calcium sulphate, salt, acetic acid, soy flour, monocalcium phosphate, ammonium sulphate, cornstarch, fungal protease, natural culture, ammonium chloride, ascorbic acid, azodicarbomide, mono- and diglycerides, propionic acid, phosphoric acid, corn flour, calcium peroxide, calcium propionate, dicetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides.
McRib Sauce: Water, high fructose corn syrup, tomato paste, distilled vinegar, molasses, natural smoke flavor, modified food starch, salt, sugar, soybean oil, spices, onion*, mustard flour, garlic *, xanthan gum, caramel color, sodium benzoate (preservative), natural flavor (vegetable source), corn oil. *Dehydrated
Pickle Slices
Cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, natural flavorings (vegetable source), polysorbate 80, turmeric (color).
Slivered Onions

Allergens: Wheat, Soybean Food Sensitivities: Gluten
HOLY CRAP! There's pork in that thing?

There's no way Bob Dole is ever eating another one.
[Reply]
StillHonest 10:55 AM 12-25-2007
Says something about American taste doesn't it? Now iof you could get a McRib and some of those frys with that stuff that they call "cheese" that really is a byproduct of some chemical process.....
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:44 PM 12-25-2007
It comes with a free movie rental too. I just picked up couple mcribs for the kids (they wanted to play outside but it's wet) so i got them uncle buck to watch
[Reply]
Phobia 04:03 PM 12-25-2007
Here is a picture of literally the shit we are talking about before it hits the grill. Enjoy.
Looks delicious to me. In fact, if McDonalds were open I'd drive over and buy one right now.
[Reply]
Stewie 04:56 PM 12-25-2007
Here is a picture of literally the shit we are talking about before it hits the grill. Enjoy.
Dude! You don't want to see any of the food you eat in the raw. Ever been to a grain elevator and seen the critters and insects? I learned a long time ago that it is what it is... and most of the time it's tasty when cooked properly.
[Reply]
Phobia 05:41 PM 12-25-2007
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Dude! You don't want to see any of the food you eat in the raw. Ever been to a grain elevator and seen the critters and insects? I learned a long time ago that it is what it is... and most of the time it's tasty when cooked properly.
No kidding. You guys would crap if you knew how much tobacco spit landed in my rib brine. But it sure is delicious when it's done, isn't it?
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 05:43 PM 12-25-2007
hehhehhehee

ads that little tang I always say
[Reply]
Skip Towne 06:21 PM 12-25-2007
Originally Posted by Phobia:
No kidding. You guys would crap if you knew how much tobacco spit landed in my rib brine. But it sure is delicious when it's done, isn't it?
Does anybody want this piece of cherry pie? I'm suddenly not hungry.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:26 PM 12-25-2007
Not a fan. I think the sauce is gross. If I could get a dry mcrib and put a different sauce on it, it would probably be OK.

I don't like the Big Mac either, not a fan of the "special sauce".
[Reply]
Hootie 06:27 PM 12-25-2007
thousand island?
[Reply]
blueballs 06:52 PM 12-25-2007
You can buy McRibs at the grocery store
you just add your own sauce and microwave
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:50 AM 12-26-2007
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Looks delicious to me. In fact, if McDonalds were open I'd drive over and buy one right now.
Knock yourself out dude. Don't stop there though, give it to your kids and wife too. Hell, make it a staple in your diet. Just don't give any to the dog K? :-)

Friggin amazing.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 19
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up