ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 19
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mcdonalds Mcrib is back
Demonpenz 11:47 PM 12-23-2007
december 2007

McDonald’s is brining back the restaurant industry’s most-popular limited-time offer, the McRib.

For nearly a quarter century, the sandwich has developed such a faithful following that the cartoon comedy, “The Simpsons,” parodied the LTO and thousands of fans travel from state to state just to eat the sandwich at different stores.

According to a news release, the McRib sandwich has regrouped and is giving its fans one last encore presentation during the “McRib Farewell Tour II.”

Rising success could be seen all along atchison's roadway this past saturday though it's early to deem the new catchphrase for mcrib a success. "The Mcribb, It's not bad!" slogan first started hitting the airwaves this past thanksgiving.

Since Oct. 30, select McDonald’s have served the boneless pork rib patty topped with pickles, onions and tangy BBQ sauce on a special McRib bun.

“There was such a huge show of support for the McRib last year that we decided to bring it back,” said Jerome Elenez, marketing director, McDonald’s Greater Southwest Region. “We are excited to promote the ‘McRib Farewell Tour II’ and give our loyal McRib customers one last chance to enjoy the savory sandwich.”

After this limited-time offer, McRib will be retired from the McDonald’s menu forever. So they say, any way.

McDonald’s is telling McRib fans to sign a petition at MCRIB.COM to let the company know that the McRib should stay.
[Reply]
Phobia 12:49 PM 12-24-2007
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
I am going to Luigi's today. It's an Italian sanwich shop that is like Quizno's but about 1 million times better. I have to go there every time I visit the P's up here in Oregon. Best samich I ever had.
Are you really posting about the best sandwich you've ever had (for which you probably pay $9) on a McRib thread? McRib is crap but it serves a purpose. Nobody is saying it's the best sandwich ever except for DP and what does he really know?
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:53 PM 12-24-2007
I get a craiving for a big-mac, like once every two years.
[Reply]
Phobia 12:55 PM 12-24-2007
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
I get a craiving for a big-mac, like once every two years.
That's like my taco bell craving. I always regret it too.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:14 PM 12-24-2007
i wasn't really saying it was the best sandwhich ever. It's just the sandwich that changed the world for the better
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:39 PM 12-24-2007
McRibs really are pretty tasty and it helps the pork industry immensely by using up a lot of the pork product that is usually thrown out for tankage.
[Reply]
Skip Towne 02:47 PM 12-24-2007
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
McRibs really are pretty tasty and it helps the pork industry immensely by using up a lot of the pork product that is usually thrown out for tankage.
So now you want us to eat snouts and eyeballs so you can keep your job?
[Reply]
JohninGpt 06:22 PM 12-24-2007
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
So now you want us to eat snouts and eyeballs so you can keep your job?
Or do you have a large can of lips and assholes that you save to sell to McDonalds for the next McRib Farewell Tour?
[Reply]
CHENZ A! 08:58 PM 12-24-2007
Originally Posted by JohninGpt:
Or do you have a large can of lips and assholes that you save to sell to McDonalds for the next McRib Farewell Tour?
If you feed the pigs other pigs parts will they get mad pig disease?
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 01:02 AM 12-25-2007
Originally Posted by Phobia:
Are you really posting about the best sandwich you've ever had (for which you probably pay $9) on a McRib thread? McRib is crap but it serves a purpose. Nobody is saying it's the best sandwich ever except for DP and what does he really know?
For the record I only eat this samich like twice a year because it's not the best thing to eat and it probably isn't really the best ever but it's awesome. In Medford Oregon it's reasonable too. $5 something for a 6" $6 something for an 8" and $7.95 for a 12" you could feed 3 people with. Salami, pepperoni, ham and Italian sausage with 2 cheeses. Add sauteed mushrooms, olives, onions, pepperoncini peppers, jalepeno peppers and special sauce all toasted to perfection. I'm just not a big chain restaurant guy for the most part. I can find ma/pops places that blow them away. I wasn't kidding when I said I think the McRib looks and smells like dog food. Here is what you're eating BTW.

McRib Nutritional Info:
490 calories, 220 calories from fat, 25 g fat, 8 g saturated fat, 75 mg cholesterol, 1040 mb sodium, 44 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein, 11 g sugars.

McRib Ingredients
McRib Patty: Boneless pork (Pork, water, salt, dextrose, citric acid, BHA, TBHQ).
McRib Bun: Flour (wheat flour bleached and enriched with thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, iron, folic acid, malted barley flour), water, high fructose corn syrup, yeast, vegetable oil (partially hydrogenated soybean oil, cottonseed oil). Contains 2 percent or less of dextrose, fumaric acid, calcium sulphate, salt, acetic acid, soy flour, monocalcium phosphate, ammonium sulphate, cornstarch, fungal protease, natural culture, ammonium chloride, ascorbic acid, azodicarbomide, mono- and diglycerides, propionic acid, phosphoric acid, corn flour, calcium peroxide, calcium propionate, dicetyl tartaric acid esters of mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides.
McRib Sauce: Water, high fructose corn syrup, tomato paste, distilled vinegar, molasses, natural smoke flavor, modified food starch, salt, sugar, soybean oil, spices, onion*, mustard flour, garlic *, xanthan gum, caramel color, sodium benzoate (preservative), natural flavor (vegetable source), corn oil. *Dehydrated
Pickle Slices
Cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, calcium chloride, alum, natural flavorings (vegetable source), polysorbate 80, turmeric (color).
Slivered Onions

Allergens: Wheat, Soybean Food Sensitivities: Gluten
[Reply]
Phobia 01:15 AM 12-25-2007
I agree.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 01:21 AM 12-25-2007
Here is a picture of literally the shit we are talking about before it hits the grill. Enjoy.
Attached: 008-mcrib-filetcu.jpg (67.3 KB) 
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 01:27 AM 12-25-2007
Originally Posted by Phobia:
I agree.
Funny thing is most dog food is basically contaminated shit that was being thrown out sprayed with fat to make it tasty so the dog will actually eat it. This isn't far off.
[Reply]
Miles 01:43 AM 12-25-2007
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Here is a picture of literally the shit we are talking about before it hits the grill. Enjoy.
Yikes.
[Reply]
Mr. Flopnuts 02:08 AM 12-25-2007
You just added years to people's lives BD. That's more than gross. That's downright hideous.
[Reply]
smittysbar 02:28 AM 12-25-2007
Originally Posted by KC_CHIEFS_06:
I love when I get their cheeseburgers and bite into small bones.
What???? I can honestly say this has never happened to me or anyone I know!
[Reply]
Page 4 of 19
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up