ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 19
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mcdonalds Mcrib is back
Demonpenz 11:47 PM 12-23-2007
december 2007

McDonald’s is brining back the restaurant industry’s most-popular limited-time offer, the McRib.

For nearly a quarter century, the sandwich has developed such a faithful following that the cartoon comedy, “The Simpsons,” parodied the LTO and thousands of fans travel from state to state just to eat the sandwich at different stores.

According to a news release, the McRib sandwich has regrouped and is giving its fans one last encore presentation during the “McRib Farewell Tour II.”

Rising success could be seen all along atchison's roadway this past saturday though it's early to deem the new catchphrase for mcrib a success. "The Mcribb, It's not bad!" slogan first started hitting the airwaves this past thanksgiving.

Since Oct. 30, select McDonald’s have served the boneless pork rib patty topped with pickles, onions and tangy BBQ sauce on a special McRib bun.

“There was such a huge show of support for the McRib last year that we decided to bring it back,” said Jerome Elenez, marketing director, McDonald’s Greater Southwest Region. “We are excited to promote the ‘McRib Farewell Tour II’ and give our loyal McRib customers one last chance to enjoy the savory sandwich.”

After this limited-time offer, McRib will be retired from the McDonald’s menu forever. So they say, any way.

McDonald’s is telling McRib fans to sign a petition at MCRIB.COM to let the company know that the McRib should stay.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 12:28 PM 12-24-2007
We had the McRib in Texas a few months ago. Is this a return of that return, or is it re-returning?
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:29 PM 12-24-2007
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
it looks like ****ing dog food.
I had one the first time they brought it out. It actually smells like dog food too. I took one bite an threw it out. My dog eats better than that.
[Reply]
Phobia 12:32 PM 12-24-2007
I had no idea I was eating dog food. It's pretty good dog food at least. I think we'll get one for Christmas dinner.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:34 PM 12-24-2007
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
I had one the first time they brought it out. It actually smells like dog food too. I took one bite an threw it out. My dog eats better than that.
WTF? Were you expecting a top notch dining experience when you walked into McDonalds?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:35 PM 12-24-2007
I hope they freaking just keep it around. I ususally freeze a couple they stay pretty good. For awhile. i was thinking about dropping off some to some food shelters but I am sure they are having christmas turkey or something.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:36 PM 12-24-2007
Originally Posted by GoBo:
WTF? Were you expecting a top notch dining experience when you walked into McDonalds?

It's no olive garden
[Reply]
stevieray 12:36 PM 12-24-2007
Originally Posted by thurman merman:
why the **** does this sandwich keep going away and coming back? they've had like three "farewell tours" for the damn thing. why does a sandwich need a farewell tour in the first place, especially if it's going to come back?

WTF, this sandwich pisses me off.
McEagles..
[Reply]
Skip Towne 12:36 PM 12-24-2007
I ate a McRib several years ago and it was McHorrible. The only things I can eat from there are pancakes or the fish sandwich.
[Reply]
Phobia 12:36 PM 12-24-2007
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I hope they freaking just keep it around. I ususally freeze a couple they stay pretty good. For awhile. i was thinking about dropping off some to some food shelters but I am sure they are having christmas turkey or something.
Get a bag of 10 and drop them off at the shelter in front of my house. The nice people there will give you a beer.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:37 PM 12-24-2007
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
It's no olive garden
:-)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:38 PM 12-24-2007
If it sells so good, they do they keep getting rid of it only to bring it back?

Smells like a marketing scheme to me.
[Reply]
Bugeater 12:39 PM 12-24-2007
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
If it sells so good, they do they keep getting rid of it only to bring it back?

Smells like a marketing scheme to me.
No, what you're smelling is Bob Dole. He hasn't showered for weeks.
[Reply]
luv 12:43 PM 12-24-2007
Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich used to be a limited time thing, too. Eventually, so many people asked for it that they made it a permanent menu item. I wonder why McDonald's doesn't do the same for the McRib.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 12:43 PM 12-24-2007
I am going to Luigi's today. It's an Italian sanwich shop that is like Quizno's but about 1 million times better. I have to go there every time I visit the P's up here in Oregon. Best samich I ever had.
[Reply]
88TG88 12:47 PM 12-24-2007
Originally Posted by Skip Towne:
I ate a McRib several years ago and it was McHorrible. The only things I can eat from there are pancakes or the fish sandwich.
The only thing worse than the Mcrib is that "fish" sandwich.

The pancakes are ok.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 19
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up