ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1017 of 4795
« First < 17517917967100710131014101510161017 101810191020102110271067111715172017 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:50 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
It's not really a big leap from 2016... it's certainly within reach of our hopes and dreams.
Fixed that for ya. Because, lefts face it. With 23 points in 3 games down the stretch last season and that 9th win that you're so proud of coming off of a Carr-less Faders team, that is more hopes and dreams than reasonable expectation.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:56 PM 08-22-2017
Laugh all you like... not suggesting his the next elite QB of the league, but he's not exactly a caretaker QB, lots of big plays. Give him some improved efforts around him and who knows what that team could do.
We know what your team will do....suck monkey nuts. Denver is one of the least talented teams in the AFC. Poorly coached too.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:02 PM 08-22-2017
It's not really a big leap from 2016... it's certainly within reach and reasonable expectation.
He will have another year of pile high inflated stats. The league figured that dweeb out last year anyway.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:22 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
He will have another year of pile high inflated stats. The league figured that dweeb out last year anyway.
:-) yes, he's a complicated one... does such different things at the QB position.

And, 11 of his 18 TDs were on the road... but, don't let that get in the way.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:46 PM 08-22-2017
:-) yes, he's a complicated one... does such different things at the QB position.

And, 11 of his 18 TDs were on the road... but, don't let that get in the way.
Down the stretch...Denver scored 7 PPG last year and Semen was awful. Laugh at the wording all you want.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:06 PM 08-22-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Down the stretch...Denver scored 7 PPG last year and Semen was awful. Laugh at the wording all you want.
https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/den/2016.htm

Yes - the Titans, Patriots and Chiefs were a tough 3 of their final 4.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:14 PM 08-22-2017
https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/den/2016.htm

Yes - the Titans, Patriots and Chiefs were a tough 3 of their final 4.
You have a much tougher schedule this season...and no Wade/Ware.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:06 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
"And here we see Chiefs 1st round pick Pat Mahomes holding a clipboard"!

"He's REALLY rocking that clipboard, Chris"!

I'm trying to enjoying smacking the Donks about with you, but your continued idiocy and Smithian nonsense make it very, very difficult.

Oh wait...

Oh shit...

We're you...

No.......................

We're you implying that the NFL would put Alex ****ing Smith on the bump-up?!?!?!?!?

Holy Shit; I have now heard it all, yes. Every single, last, ****ing, idiotic, Smithian, nonsensical, rambling ever created.
Looks like I've triggered little "daddyhater's" rage...let it out..let it out. :-) If you were bright, it wouldn't be this easy to bounce you around...

Just remember....Geno Smith #1 overall. Those are your words...not mine.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:17 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
You have a much tougher schedule this season...and no Wade/Ware.
Ware will be missed, especially the leadership... we have good depth there though. Wade. Yeah, so you and others said something like "look out, Wade's teams suck in year 3". And, now it's like a 24/7 Mr. Bill moment "Oh noes".

Which is it?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:30 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Looks like I've triggered little "daddyhater's" rage...let it out..let it out. :-) If you were bright, it wouldn't be this easy to bounce you around...

Just remember....Geno Smith #1 overall. Those are your words...not mine.
:-)

"If I were bright" says the fool who implies that not only is the NFL rigged, but that THIS IS THE YEAR that the Manchurian Football League COULD PLACE ALEX SMITH IN A SUPER BOWL DUE TO THE...what was it again?

The lack of quality QB's?
The NFL needs a new storyline?

Question:

What brand of machine do they use to keep you breathing, and how many times a day does the nurse have to come and wipe your ass, Terry?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:35 AM 08-23-2017
And as to Geno and the myriad other prospects that came before him, you can thank QB1 Death Cult and CP for pushing the 1st round QB narrative for well over a decade, getting the concept spread across the KC fan intrawebz, and beating that horse until the idea and correlation between said round QB's and SB wins FINALLY became apparent to Lil' Chiefy mouth-breathers such as yourself, fool.

You're welcome!
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:47 AM 08-23-2017
Originally Posted by :
Here’s the thing about Trevor Siemian

What if I told you that you could have a quarterback who, in his first year as a starter, had a better passer rating than Cam Newton and Jameis Winston did, more yards than Russell Wilson and Joe Flacco did, more yards per attempt than Andrew Luck and Derek Carr did, more yards per game than Marcus Mariota and Dak Prescott did and more touchdowns than Carson Wentz and Teddy Bridgewater did?

You’d take him, right?

Well, Broncos fans, you got him.

That’s right, when you compare the 2016 stats of Trevor Siemian to every other first-year starter in the last decade, the Broncos’ quarterback ranks in the top third of just about any passing stat you can drum up. Ranking in the top 10 of many and in the top five of stats like yards per game, fourth-quarter comebacks and 300-yard games.

Oh, and did I mention that those numbers were accrued with a pretty significant shoulder injury? An awful offensive line? No running game?

The thing about Trevor Siemian is he’s better than you think.

“Uhh, most definitely,” said an adamant C.J. Anderson of that very notion. “You know, I was arguing with some of my boys the other day—we put up Matt Ryan’s rookie year and put up Trevor’s ‘rookie’ year, the stats are similar. You know, I’m not saying he’s going to be Matt Ryan but…”

People have this misinformed idea that Trevor Siemian is not, can not and will not be good. There are folks on the radio yelling in your ear that he’s already reached his ceiling, twitter users roasting his arm strength at every turn and writers penning “game-manager” all over the young quarterback.

Anderson, another player who was doubted early in his career, thinks it’s most certainly about draft position.

“That’s how I feel,” he told BSN Denver without hesitation. “Us low-round or undrafted guys just have to prove that we belong, compared to the high-round guys proving that they were supposed to be that pick.”

Maybe therein lies the issue, instead of looking for greatness in Trevor Siemian, people are looking for failure. It’s time, though, to start looking for more in 13. After all, he is closer than anyone on the planet to becoming the Denver Broncos franchise quarterback, and sometime during this season, it’s quite possible that the team could make a long-term commitment to the former seventh-round pick.

Broncos fans, it’s okay to get behind Trevor Siemian.

Put aside your love for tall, athletic-looking quarterbacks, your too-high standards for quarterbacking in Denver and any preconceived notions you have about what a QB can and cannot be. Allow yourself to see that Trevor Siemian’s young, young career is actually on a pretty promising path.

During the preseason, Siemian has averaged eight yards per pass attempt, that would have been good enough for top five in the NFL last year. His adjusted completion percentage—which accounts for dropped passes, throw aways, spiked balls, batted passes and passes where the quarterback was hit while throwing—this preseason is an eye-popping 100 percent.

Sure, you can chalk that up to the measly preseason or cite small sample size but what if, what if *gasp* a second-year starter could actually improve? What if it’s absolutely ridiculous to claim that a player has reached their ceiling after one year of starting in any sport? What if that guy who somehow keeps winning the starting job in Denver could actually end up being a damn good quarterback in the National Football League?

Go ahead and give Trevor Siemian the benefit of the doubt, because here’s the thing about Trevor Siemian, he’s only just begun.
http://bsndenver.com/heres-the-thing...revor-siemian/

Even CJ Anderson is comparing Siemian to Matt Ryan :-)
[Reply]
Chiefs=Champions 07:55 AM 08-23-2017
If anyone knows Matt Ryan and qbs who play like him, its CJ Anderson!
[Reply]
staylor26 08:02 AM 08-23-2017
:-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 08:13 AM 08-23-2017
Nobody in this division will have it easy this year. The Denver will be crap talk is not warranted. They have a strong roster still together. I doubt they just all of a sudden suck ass because Wade and Ware left.
[Reply]
Page 1017 of 4795
« First < 17517917967100710131014101510161017 101810191020102110271067111715172017 > Last »
Up