ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 368 of 386
« First < 268318358364365366367368 369370371372378 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8
keg in kc 02:23 PM 05-24-2017
About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:27 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
I wouldn't really want half of that shit happening. IMO the perfect ending for this show should have been heavily tied to GoT lore.

Jon should have been Azor Ahai, the NK should have won the battle of Winterfell, and we should have seen in some way most of the main characters retreating to KL. There they would have their last and final attempt to stop the NK this time Cerseai on their side. It would have been a fight for the ages. A true one. Between man, side by side, against the dead. And man would have been losing until the prophecy of Azor Ahai came into play. Melisandre could have dished out the details at this point as a last resort. Here Jon would have forged light bringer by killing Arya and fulfilling the prophecy. Man would be saved and so would we from the bs we got.

And yeah I know this theory is out there in some format already but who gives a shit? I'd rather a formidable ending that everyone knows vs the one we got
FYP
[Reply]
Iconic 01:33 PM 05-21-2019
No. Arya is not the equivalent of Nissa Nissa, Dany is. He's supposed to drive the sword into the heart of his true love, not his tomboy cousin.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:51 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
No. Arya is not the equivalent of Nissa Nissa, Dany is. He's supposed to drive the sword into the heart of his true love, not his tomboy cousin.
Jon loves Arya more than he loves Dany. Easily. He stopped loving Dany the moment he found out they were related.
[Reply]
Iconic 02:02 PM 05-21-2019
Again Arya is still not a Nissa Nissa equivalent. Nissa Nissa was the wife of Azor Ahai. The closest thing to that at this point in the story is Dany.

In a universe where this ending takes place they obviously wouldn't have shown Jon distance himself from her the way they did.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:20 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by FlintHillsChiefs:
Outside of Chernobyl and I guess Barry - which I don't love as much as you all do - what else is coming down the pipe for HBO?
WestWorld, Watchmen, His Dark Materials could be good. Nothing appears to be on the scale of GoT. That's what they said about the Sopranos though so who knows.

FWIW:

https://observer.com/2019/05/hbo-sho...e-joss-whedon/
[Reply]
RustShack 02:36 PM 05-21-2019
This isn’t the first time Arya asked what’s west of Westeros. Or the first time she’s boarded a ship to go do something.
[Reply]
temper11 03:03 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Tyrion, master of persuasion....

Danny is dead. If not Bran, who? The Vale wussy? no. Gendry? Maybe but he lacks experience to rule. The guy from Dorne? Who the f was he? You can't bring someone in on the last show and put him/her on the thrown... fans would have slit their own damned throat. John? Once Drogon took off with Danny, John's ability to claim the thrown flew off with him. Sansa? maybe but to me, that would be just a continuation of the wheel. And they all, for the most part (except for Sansa), followed Danny for the chance to "break the wheel".

Bran no longer considers himself a stark... so he's as impartial as you could have hoped for. He has all the realms history rattling around in his brain so he has plenty of experience for the job... He has no enemies... He can't father children, so the other rulers view it as a temporary position anyway until they can vote again in the future - potentially angling their houses for the job... If you get past the initial "WTF" moment, it actually makes decent sense.
[Reply]
temper11 03:14 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I completely agree. Jon had numerous chances to take the throne away from Dany. He turned out to be too much of a wimp to do it. He had to wait to see thousands of women and children get slaughtered by Dany before he finally got the stones to do anything about it.
I don't understand this at all... Most of the people here are pissed that the show didn't do enough to show the Danny's heel turn... but we are also pissed off that Jon didn't see it earlier and act on it himself? How can those two things coexist.

I think the show did do enough to show the signs that she was capable of doing what she did, without making it painfully obvious that it's the way she go without question. And John loved her, if anyone was going to give her plenty of rope and the benefit of any doubt... it was John.

I'm not sure why it's so hard for people to buy the idea that John simply refused to believe Danny was beyond reaching. Who doesn't have personal experience with someone who either stayed in an abusive relationship waaay too long or wanted to believe their children were better people than they actually were. John wanted to believe in Danny and, loved her, it's not such a stretch to believe he was simply not letting himself believe she'd turn into what she turned into.

He was still trying to convince himself otherwise right up to the point before he shanked her. Was trying to give her one last opportunity to recognize herself what she'd done and have or show remorse. I don't think that is far fetched at all.
[Reply]
temper11 03:18 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Lex Luthor:
I was hoping for some sort of twist ending like that. That would have been a GREAT ending.
There would have been a million people on here screaming that it was a crap ending that was just done to set up a sequel show for the sake of selling more subscriptions. That would have been the equivalent of the horror movies in which you think the big baddy is finally dead and then at the last second, he/she/it opens its eyes, or twitches a finger, or whatever just before going to black.

They (D & D) would have been crushed for that. All scenarios leads to them getting crushed. :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 03:32 PM 05-21-2019
The mystical/magical stuff barely exists on the show, so we were never going to have any ending to any prophesy. All they took from GRRM was the political, and some of the rare magical stuff that did make it onto the show isn't part of the books anyway, namely the Night King (there's only the mythical figure of the Night's King, who is barely even mentioned at this point). Which is why I expect we'll see little resemblance to anything from seasons 7 or 8 in print. Dorne barely exists on the show, Barriston Selmy is still alive, there's another Aegon Targaryen, there's magical artifacts like Dragonbinder (not to mention Euron is a bit more than an r-rated Jack Sparrow), and on and on.

I hope he finishes some day...
[Reply]
temper11 04:02 PM 05-21-2019
Was just perusing the other thread of "favorite moments in GoT" and re-watched when Danny claims the unsullied. One of the things that tweaked me this season was the seeming complete annihilation of the unsullied and the dothraki, only to see them again in surprising numbers in the next episode.

However, I'd forgotten just how many unsullied there were to begin with. She started with 8000 unsullied. In the last episode, Grey worm said he had 1000 men left. I doubt they lost very many in the taking of kings landing. That seemed to be mostly a one-sided slaughter. So, while we see what appears to be a still very sizeable army as Danny is giving her best General Hux impression in Ep 6, it's still nothing even remotely close to what she started with. Makes Ep 3 a bit more realistic IMO.

Just wish they'd have given us one shot showing that they held back some of the Dothraki from the stupid opening charge into the army of the dead, and shown a legion of unsullied positioned behind the walls... or something just a quick scene would have helped make that clearer.
[Reply]
Setsuna 04:34 PM 05-21-2019
I hope Jon's name is Daeron Targaryen. He loved the stories about the Young Dragon. Even though he had an untimely death in Dorne.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:46 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by temper11:
There would have been a million people on here screaming that it was a crap ending that was just done to set up a sequel show for the sake of selling more subscriptions. That would have been the equivalent of the horror movies in which you think the big baddy is finally dead and then at the last second, he/she/it opens its eyes, or twitches a finger, or whatever just before going to black.

They (D & D) would have been crushed for that. All scenarios leads to them getting crushed. :-)
No, they actually could've easily avoided quite a bit of this backlash by not cramming an entire full season worth of content into 6 episodes so most of the major plot points feel either rushed, contrived, or unearned.

Even the editing feels rushed. How the fuck do a Starbucks cup and a water bottle sneak into the scenes? If they were checked out and wanted to move onto Star Wars, that's fine. Throw some money at GRRM and a new showrunner to consult and get the show finished proper. They were prepared to invest whatever it took anyway
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 05:54 PM 05-21-2019
it was there in plain sight all along

[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 10:45 PM 05-21-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
No, they actually could've easily avoided quite a bit of this backlash by not cramming an entire full season worth of content into 6 episodes so most of the major plot points feel either rushed, contrived, or unearned.

Even the editing feels rushed. How the **** do a Starbucks cup and a water bottle sneak into the scenes? If they were checked out and wanted to move onto Star Wars, that's fine. Throw some money at GRRM and a new showrunner to consult and get the show finished proper. They were prepared to invest whatever it took anyway
Definitely feels rushed. I'm definitely not feeling the same level of disappointment as with the new Star Wars but I'm really hoping GRRM gets his act together. I imagine the finished product with the books would be much better.
[Reply]
Page 368 of 386
« First < 268318358364365366367368 369370371372378 > Last »
Up