ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Chiefs and OBJ have "mutual interest"
SHOWTIME 06:01 PM 03-17-2024

BREAKING: Star WR Odell Beckham Jr. says goodbye to Baltimore as he won’t be returning to the #Ravens next season.

OBJ and the Super Bowl Champion #Chiefs have mutual interest in getting a deal done. pic.twitter.com/fjQG8p22h8

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 17, 2024

[Reply]
ModSocks 10:41 AM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Watson is not a consistent veteran, people really gotta stop putting him there, he's a WR 5/6. He's a solid depth piece because he can offer the ability to take some snaps.

Brown is closer to being a consistent vet but it'd be nice to have another since 3 WR's play all the time.
Has nothing to do with where "we" put him. It's where the Chiefs put him. They obviously value him as they've been quoted.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 10:49 AM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Watson is not a consistent veteran, people really gotta stop putting him there, he's a WR 5/6. He's a solid depth piece because he can offer the ability to take some snaps.

Brown is closer to being a consistent vet but it'd be nice to have another since 3 WR's play all the time.
Watson seems to always have a really big chain moving, crucial catch every .8 games. Happy to have him as our 4th.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:51 AM 03-18-2024
Me and Franchise got mutual interest if you peep our DM's
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:53 AM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Me and Franchise got mutual interest if you peep our DM's
He's playin' you. Check his phone.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:56 AM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Watson seems to always have a really big chain moving, crucial catch every .8 games. Happy to have him as our 4th.
I think hes great depth but for different reasons. he's a real interesting target for an occasional aggressive play. I don't think he's a chain mover though. That is the kind of guy we are missing and why I would rather thomas or Williams if we're chancing an injury prone guy. I would love some kind of guy who can clobber man coverage and be reliable as hell. With the weapons we have there is always going to be an easy checkdown for a wr who knows what he's doing and can catch anything. And to me Watson and obj aren't that guy. While hes come up with some big plays he also makes small mistakes on plays he should be connecting on. Its kind of boom bust.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:02 AM 03-18-2024
We shoehorned Watson into a possession role because he was the only guy who could really do it. The philly game showed the flaws in trying to make him our chain mover. Eagles were jumping up and down daring us to throw to him. And while he made some nice plays he also left way too many easier ones on the table.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:36 AM 03-18-2024
I dont think he's a "chain-mover" per say, but he always seems to be the guy pulling in a tough 15 yard pass on 3rd and 13 that's contested and barely getting his feet in when the Chiefs desperately need to convert.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:50 AM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I dont think he's a "chain-mover" per say, but he always seems to be the guy pulling in a tough 15 yard pass on 3rd and 13 that's contested and barely getting his feet in when the Chiefs desperately need to convert.
Yeah I love him as an option when you want to take an aggresive shot here and there. 3rd and long or on early downs when you need a big play. If he's only that guy he's a decent option
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:54 AM 03-18-2024
Do you really think he's the type to take a "discount"?
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 11:59 AM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Do you really think he's the type to take a "discount"?
I don't think anyone is banging down his door with offers, and he's desperate to remain relevant. I haven't heard jack shit about him even taking a single visit or any team mentioned before now. A guy on the wrong side of 30 who had 35 catches last year as the 3rd option on a running team isn't exactly in a spot to be demanding anything huge.

We are the Hollywood of the NFL and after playing with Jackson, dude is probably dying to play with an actual QB again. I can assure you the interest stems from him reaching out to us, which automatically puts us in the driver's seat if there is actually anything to this. OBJ needs the Chiefs way more than the Chiefs need him.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 12:35 PM 03-18-2024
I’m sorry, but in my opinion, Watson is the Daniel Sorensen of receivers. Occasionally comes up with a huge play, but for the most part he just isn’t very good.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:26 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
I’m sorry, but in my opinion, Watson is the Daniel Sorensen of receivers. Occasionally comes up with a huge play, but for the most part he just isn’t very good.
I'd give him more credit that that.

I think Watson is a very solid no 4 WR. He's a good depth guy. The problem is when our coaching staff decides to start depth guys...
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 05:37 PM 03-18-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I'd give him more credit that that.

I think Watson is a very solid no 4 WR. He's a good depth guy. The problem is when our coaching staff decides to start depth guys...
I guess that’s my point. Even Sorensen would have been okay depth and special teams wise. But, if either one of those guys see the field too much, it means we’re struggling at that position.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 05:41 PM 03-18-2024
He's a solid WR3. Last year he was pressed into WR1 duty as Skyy and Toney tumbled all the way to IR. That's not on him. We all know who he is and he's certainly not bad or overpaid.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 05:44 PM 03-18-2024
He’s overrated around here because the bar is so low for the WRs.

When they tried to give him more than a few targets a game he was awful.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 20
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up